I'm in - the buyers thread

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I'm totally in. Had low expectations of customer service from prior Elise ownership and I'm in no rush as this is a third car. Deposit was made in February 2022 so it will probably be ready early 2024. Plenty of time to work/travel/exercise and mod current cars.

I think it's all worth it as the combo of driving dynamics and rarity (at least in the US) is unique.

2BIG2FAIL

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just made an account to respond to this topic and balance out some of the negativity. I deposited an I4 Emira pretty late (early December 2022). I got a 2022 BMW 230i this year, which is my first car. Because that car is still pretty new, I am relatively unfazed about the wait. I haven't actually seen the car in person or test driven it, but I have always seen myself getting a Cayman until this came up in a similar price range. Yes, I understand that there are plusses and minuses to each, but I can't get over how good the Emira looks. Plus, I figure if I don't want it, I'll just get a refund on my deposit.

I deposited at Galpin Lotus in LA, and the process was pretty seamless. I haven't heard anything re: delivery date; I figure there is no point in bothering the salesman when it is so far out. That being said, from what I've read on here, I think I can probably expect the car in Q1 2025.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am definitely in. I have a plan to track down everyone in the I’m Out thread once I get my car and to drive slowly past waving while they admire what they have missed out on.
[For the avoidance of doubt, this comment is for entertainment only, wouldn’t want anyone to think I am some kind of stalker!)

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am definitely in. I have a plan to track down everyone in the I’m Out thread once I get my car and to drive slowly past waving while they admire what they have missed out on.
[For the avoidance of doubt, this comment is for entertainment only, wouldn’t want anyone to think I am some kind of stalker!)
Not a bad way to do the run-in mileage... 🤔

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Second to my wife’s opinion, the most important thing for me is getting back into a convertible. Sadly my wife HATES the 718 convertible. But she likes the C8 convertible, and I LOVED my 2 c8 test drives. But after all that I’m 98% in on the Emira after my test drive. The car was so much fun to drive and she digs it the most. She really surprised me when she said “walking up to the Emira will be fun”. She never shows that kind of passion for a car.
Counterpoint is she may have to embrace a pre owned 718 for 35k less cause we’re getting KILLED in the market.
Do you get the F-Type V8?

mforde

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm still 100% in, but like others here, I could really use some concrete updates on the US schedule. I missed the FE cut with my US dealer by a few slots and I don't know if that means another ~6 months wait, or another year+. There has been no shortage of speculation on this forum, but precious little authoritative information. I don't bother my dealer anymore, because it's clear they don't have much more information than we have on this forum. I may be naive, but I am still holding out hope that US FE production does, in fact, begin this month or next and that customer cars will start showing up in Mar/Apr timeframe. I also remain eternally hopeful that the Base Edition configurator will show up in the next month or two and that the BE order book opens up soon after that.

Given the above, I have not had much to contribute on the forum and I'm part of the relatively silent masses coming back here regularly for some scrap of information that might indicate when next steps in the process may occur. I understand where the negativity comes from, as Lotus has really botched the communication and scored some spectacular own goals throughout this process. But I think they've produced a wonderful sports car and I'm a "cup half full" kind of person - extremely thankful that I even have the opportunity to consider purchasing a car like this. I am still very excited to get an Emira and I thoroughly enjoy (and envy) the reports from new owners receiving and driving their cars. This car absolutely hits the center of the bullseye for me and I am in for the long haul.
I agree 100% with your comments. Especially, the part about being "extremely thankful that I even have the opportunity to consider purchasing a car like this..."

Beady

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hanging on in by fingertips… because it’s winter and if I took my £5k back I would blow it on some winter sun!

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm still in... among the first wave of US depositors and hoping for some news on NA production commencing soon. Either way, nothing negative from me aside from understandable impatience waiting for what I know will be a fantastic car for me. Had my test drive a month or so ago, and damn... got me excited all over again.

Sizona

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
HY, black pack, diamond cut wheels, yellow callipers, sport/cup 2's, alcantara yellow stitch, leather s/w, tracker
Was told in October now moved to December build and Jan delivery which has happened!!
Protect email 21/10
Order confirmed 28/11
Checkout 30/11
Finish line in sight 02/12
Invoice 13/12
Call on 09/12 saying car delivery choice of Dec 22nd, Jan 3rd or Jan 5th.
So all pretty efficient however have like everyone else had to wait through numerous delays etc.
Went for Jan 5th so 2023 registered, car actually turned up on the transporter at B&C on the 3rd, has gone for gtechniq ceramic detailing and collecting this Thursday 12th.
Sounds like I am fortunate to actually have it this month, was in the first 10 orders at B&C way before the Goodwood launch.
Excited, oh yeah!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does anyone know what colors will be available for the base model?

Extra colours here:

Mark C

Reaction score
Extra colours here:
Thanks

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Initially, I was considering an auto transmission, primarily because my MX5 PRHT has a 6-speed manual transmission and is loads of fun. However, I noticed that auto Evoras (even those at great prices) tend to take a long time to sell, whereas the manual versions sell fairly quickly if priced reasonably. Therefore, my order is in for a manual V6 with bulletproof Toyota engine which is well-respected by many. The dealership sales manager believes they should have their own demonstration Emira in March or April, so I'll be sure to test drive whatever they have. It's be great if they had three - V6 Manual, V6 auto, and i4 auto, but I doubt that will be the case. I hope to have whatever I choose ready to pickup during the 4th quarter of 2024.

Reaction score
Very much still in; DV i4 due in Q2 2024. Had a quick look over the Rybrook Bristol demonstrator a couple of weeks back and test drive in a V6 manual arranged for mid February. Would be nice to know I can get it down my steep driveway mind!

Mac71

Reaction score
HY, black pack, diamond cut wheels, yellow callipers, sport/cup 2's, alcantara yellow stitch, leather s/w, tracker
Was told in October now moved to December build and Jan delivery which has happened!!
Protect email 21/10
Order confirmed 28/11
Checkout 30/11
Finish line in sight 02/12
Invoice 13/12
Call on 09/12 saying car delivery choice of Dec 22nd, Jan 3rd or Jan 5th.
So all pretty efficient however have like everyone else had to wait through numerous delays etc.
Went for Jan 5th so 2023 registered, car actually turned up on the transporter at B&C on the 3rd, has gone for gtechniq ceramic detailing and collecting this Thursday 12th.
Sounds like I am fortunate to actually have it this month, was in the first 10 orders at B&C way before the Goodwood launch.
Excited, oh yeah!
Yep. I saw what must have been your car in the showroom (it had just come off the trasporter) when I turned up for my test drive at B&C on the 3rd Jan. It was amazing to drive especially as it was bouncing off the rev limiter!! Just kidding... Lovely looking car.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ya ya ya im in. Early 2021 deposit, lots of money down in early 2022. No car yet and zero comms, but I am in it.

Supposed to be January build with March delivery. Currently driving a Ferrari California in the mean time.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm in too 😁

I placed the deposit in summer of 2021. Initial delivery ETA was Jan 2023, but current ETA for the last few months has been May/June 2023 delivery (US). Dealership experience has been very good.

For reference, I have been waiting for a Cayman GTS allocation for about 1 year. Expectation was set that it may take 1.5 years before I get a call... and until then, don't expect any communication from the dealership. At this point, I will likely and politely decline the allocation if offered.