I'm in - the buyers thread

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Things that will be a dealbreaker for me are:
1. Lotus say they won't honour the original I4 FE prices for people with deposits.
This is definitely the main thing that would sabotage my plan... unless the bump is very modest (like, to same as V6) and they also throw in the 400hp tune as a sweetener :)

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This is definitely the main thing that would sabotage my plan... unless the bump is very modest (like, to same as V6) and they also throw in the 400hp tune as a sweetener :)
I’d actually welcome a price increase, will make our FE cars better value and keep prices up and actually reward early adopters. As long as the deposit dates are taken into account of course 😬

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Still in....Original deposit with Gator, mid-July '21. After finding out I didn't get an FE allocation, I was refunded and went with Park Place as it's closer and I knew I was in for an even longer wait.
I'm waiting to make a final decision pending a test drive and seeing how things pan out with early owners. Like @Eagle7 said...it won't be the fastest on the road but it will be one of the most beautiful. I did get to see it at Park Place when it was there a year ago.

If I end up going forward, I'll either be trading my 991 Turbo S or my husband's wide body Hellcat Challenger, which could prove to be very hard to do as both are great cars in their own ways. Unfortunately we can't keep them all 🙁
Sheesh... you guys will need to hard reset your expectations on HP/TQ, or the Emira with it's modest power and linear delivery will be very disappointing. Maybe drive a Corolla for a few months.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I just recently put down a deposit on an Emira in NC USA. I was traveling in the UK in Dec and saw 2 Emiras in the showroom near Manchester. Got to sit in them and poke around, but not drive (probably just as well with remnants of snow on the roads and a missing steering wheel on my side of the car). As an owner of a 2022 C8 z51 convertible, a 2009 Carrera S Cab 6spd, and an '84 Ferrari 308 GTS Euro, I immediately felt like the emira was the perfect size, shape and (theoretical) performance combo I've been looking for. And oh so great looking in person. In comparison, the vette is just a bit too big and heavy, and angular. The 308 is mechanical in all ways and gorgeous but not exactly fast. And the 911 is near perfect but probably a little softer, and a little bit GT. I know it'll be a long wait but I haven't been this excited about a car in awhile, not since I bought my first real sports car, a green 99 Miata over tan. Still the Best Gearbox Ever.
I agree with your thoughts regarding the C8 Corvette and Emira. As a former owner of a 68 and 2001 Corvette, I was ecstatic about renting a 2022 C8 through Turo. It certainly is a great performance car but I also have a Mazda MX5, and the difference in size and weight is immense. I have been telling many that the size of the Emira appears to be perfect. I don't need lots of luggage space, and since I don't live in Nebraska, the ability to drive like I'm on VIR's track is extremely limited unless I drive on an actual race track.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
indeed I have been reaching out to a few so far and thank you, looking forward to spending time here
Welcome to the forum. Let us know if you can’t find what you’re looking for.

If you have time, pop over to the Introductions sub forum to say hi and give some info on your car history. It’s always interesting to read where people are coming from. It’s a diverse bunch on here ;)

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Still in 100%. The only other car that I would buy is a new GT3. I just do not see the GT3 price level worth it over the Emira. There are zero other manual cars that interest me. Personally I feel there is way to much hand wringing and speculation on the forums. I would guess it comes out of frustration. My deposit was the first week of July 2021. I hope to have it by July 23 but we will see. The R8 is keeping my occupied in the meantime. I'm thankful to have a thread with people that are actually buying the car without the constant negativity that some contribute.🤘

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I am still 100% in. Looking forward to the new base colors to see if one of the blues can knock me off of DV. Also looking forward to I4 reviews even though I am not considering that car. I don't have the background of driving a lot of cars. Never a Porsche, M Car, Mercedes, and many others. But my test drive hearing all the fuss of that engine behind me gave me a big boost of excitement. Deposit down August 21. Hope to have my BASE car by Q3 2024.

Mitcheroo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Put my deposit down in early December 2022. Gone for the i4 FE. Appreciate won’t take delivery for a while but it’s a nice thought to know it is on order. This will only be my second brand new car ever and I’m in late fifties. First one was a Ford Galaxy as had twins! I was driving a Porsche Boxster but sadly wrote it off on my way home from British GP practice last year. Did look at another Porsche but the Emira is just so good looking so the combination of the great looks and handling did it for me. Must say there are a lot of wringers on this forum and I hope I won’t be one of them in 12 months time! Planning to do a factory tour to get a better feel for things as everyone seems to say very worthwhile. Went to see the car at the Chandlers Ford dealership and planning a test drive shortly. They told me the wait would likely be around 18 months. Don’t mind if it is up to two years as hopefully by then they will have ironed out any minor bugs by then.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Mods/Admins are aware and investigating the post above (now hidden). Please refrain from commenting or speculating about the post - posts have been and will be deleted.

The original posts have been hidden while we investigate. Thanks for bearing with us.

Back to the topic…

Last edited:

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Mods/Admins are aware and investigating the post above (now hidden). Please refrain from commenting or speculating about the post - posts have been and will be deleted.

The original posts have been hidden while we investigate. Thanks for bearing with us.

Back to the topic…
I'm impressed that Moderator attended to this wayward conjecture so quickly. Reputations are unfortunately fragile. As seen so many times within the Forum words matter. Healthy discussion can flourish with respect. Lotus Dallas is well regarded, certainly by Lotus HQ.
A reputable dealer is in high demand from all I've read.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm impressed that Moderator attended to this wayward conjecture so quickly. Reputations are unfortunately fragile. As seen so many times within the Forum words matter. Healthy discussion can flourish with respect. Lotus Dallas is well regarded, certainly by Lotus HQ.
A reputable dealer is in high demand from all I've read.
Yeah I will NEVER forum disparage ANY vendor, regardless of crime. PM only. VAG tuners are under constant forum fire and these aren’t AMAZON, these are hard working locals working 65 hour weeks

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sheesh... you guys will need to hard reset your expectations on HP/TQ, or the Emira with it's modest power and linear delivery will be very disappointing. Maybe drive a Corolla for a few months.
Hahaha! Ya I realize this. We just traded our Mini Cooper S for a Hyundai Santa Cruz. And we have an F-350 Super Duty as well. We like variety. It's the spice of life, right?
But ya...the hp/tq will literally be almost half of the Hellcat, which is most likely the one going. Again...test drive first. We loved the Mini!

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can confirm the Austin Lotus dealer does not charge anything above MSRP on orders, a $2500 deposit is required, and it's fully refundable. I've been in touch with them a few times. Last I checked they had 95 people on the waiting list. They have been very helpful anytime I've been to the dealership.

G

Guest142

I can confirm the Austin Lotus dealer does not charge anything above MSRP on orders, a $2500 deposit is required, and it's fully refundable. I've been in touch with them a few times. Last I checked they had 95 people on the waiting list. They have been very helpful anytime I've been to the dealership.
Good news is always well welcomed. Thank you for this information.

GatorMotorsport

Reaction score
We’re dealerships allowed to purchase any as inventory?
No, the closest we get is a dealer demo that must be available to customers for 4-6 months and then can be sold. All other orders must be associated with a previously approved (by Lotus Cars USA) depositor. Fulfilling pre-orders has been made the priority over showroom inventory!

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just reminding my self…. Test drive in a few days time.

All aluminium / Composite / Tubular architecture
Joint venture with AMG
Hydraulic steering rack
Mid-engined RWD
Lotus chassis know-how
Last ever ICE lotus…..hand built in Hethel….

I’m motivating myself to stay in….. stay in I must.