I'm in - the buyers thread

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Very much in. A bit giddy, in fact, being that my Lotus fairy has endowed me with the surprise of an FE allocation.

There is almost nothing else I'd consider a suitable substitute, so Lotus has me pretty well captured with their gambit. I am really looking forward to that road trip up north to collect it when it does arrive, hopefully not too far off from the estimated month.

Subzero05

Reaction score
Well I’m interested - actually wondering if any dealers will get any cars not pre -spoken for since I’m not super excited about waiting well over a year for an allocation

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well I’m interested - actually wondering if any dealers will get any cars not pre -spoken for since I’m not super excited about waiting well over a year for an allocation
Not likely for a while. Current orders are getting quotes for late 2024 delivery. I am sure there will be some flippers in the US, though, you might be able to get one second hand. The order books for the base model also has not opened, so you might be able to jump the line if you find a dealer willing to do that for you - at a cost.

OP
digilotus

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It never hurts to engage with your local dealer(s) and see if there's any last minute opportunity based on someone who's personal circumstances might have changed.

Oh and welcome to the forum @Subzero05!

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m still in, first batch of US cars, deposit early May21 pre-reveal. Was invited to be one of the 131 “super fans” for the EMIRA launch. My EVORA keeps me happy in the meantime - which I plan to keep in the short term. Have a sneaky feeling first US batch will be reasonably on time, last indicated to arrive in March 23… but would like some confirmation on that either way. And like another member said, I’ve already got my plate so no going back. And quite frankly, with all the delays and limited supply, this will be a rare and special car in the US so can’t wait to get my last ICE manual. Stepping up from a 2013 NA EVORA with IPS, I think I’ll really enjoy it.

9C636391-7A34-46AF-9E09-306821499C35.jpeg

JackSlack

Reaction score
Second to my wife’s opinion, the most important thing for me is getting back into a convertible. Sadly my wife HATES the 718 convertible. But she likes the C8 convertible, and I LOVED my 2 c8 test drives. But after all that I’m 98% in on the Emira after my test drive. The car was so much fun to drive and she digs it the most. She really surprised me when she said “walking up to the Emira will be fun”. She never shows that kind of passion for a car.
Counterpoint is she may have to embrace a pre owned 718 for 35k less cause we’re getting KILLED in the market.
I just recently put down a deposit on an Emira in NC USA. I was traveling in the UK in Dec and saw 2 Emiras in the showroom near Manchester. Got to sit in them and poke around, but not drive (probably just as well with remnants of snow on the roads and a missing steering wheel on my side of the car). As an owner of a 2022 C8 z51 convertible, a 2009 Carrera S Cab 6spd, and an '84 Ferrari 308 GTS Euro, I immediately felt like the emira was the perfect size, shape and (theoretical) performance combo I've been looking for. And oh so great looking in person. In comparison, the vette is just a bit too big and heavy, and angular. The 308 is mechanical in all ways and gorgeous but not exactly fast. And the 911 is near perfect but probably a little softer, and a little bit GT. I know it'll be a long wait but I haven't been this excited about a car in awhile, not since I bought my first real sports car, a green 99 Miata over tan. Still the Best Gearbox Ever.

OP
digilotus

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just recently put down a deposit on an Emira in NC USA. I was traveling in the UK in Dec and saw 2 Emiras in the showroom near Manchester. Got to sit in them and poke around, but not drive (probably just as well with remnants of snow on the roads and a missing steering wheel on my side of the car). As an owner of a 2022 C8 z51 convertible, a 2009 Carrera S Cab 6spd, and an '84 Ferrari 308 GTS Euro, I immediately felt like the emira was the perfect size, shape and (theoretical) performance combo I've been looking for. And oh so great looking in person. In comparison, the vette is just a bit too big and heavy, and angular. The 308 is mechanical in all ways and gorgeous but not exactly fast. And the 911 is near perfect but probably a little softer, and a little bit GT. I know it'll be a long wait but I haven't been this excited about a car in awhile, not since I bought my first real sports car, a green 99 Miata over tan. Still the Best Gearbox Ever.
Awesome, congratulations on putting down a deposit!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus had me at "hello". The car that actually first got my attention was the Evija, then I saw the price and.... oh well. When the Emira debuted, I immediately knew I wanted it. Called Park Place Lotus in Bellevue, Washington, put my deposit down (now an order as of April 2022), and I've never looked back since.

The delays are actually working out in my favor, in that early production issues are already being found by others and remedied by Lotus.

I've ordered more than a few cars from car manufacturers over the years, so I'm familiar with the process of wait, wait, and more wait, especially for a first year production car so I'm not particularly nonplussed by the wait. It'll arrive when it arrives. If waiting helps to have the early bugs worked out, all the better.

It may not be the most powerful car on the road, but it's certainly going to be one of the most beautiful and elegant sports cars you'll see anywhere.

BarryH

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do you get the F-Type V8?
Actually had started to look at the F-Type again (P450), given the delays. But there is not a new one available for sale here in Oz at the moment (at least based on the website) so the delay would be the same with any replacement.

I had looked at the Manual V6 F-type - it was a GT, but with the manual still pretty fun to drive (and had cup holders :) ). Unfortunately it was the start of Jaguar's consolidation of models & the local dealer would not take the build order - in the too hard basket.

So I'm still in! though the silence from Lotus Australia allows for spending to much time looking at alternatives.

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m 70% in. Awesome car and heart says Emira, just need a few other test drives as comparions to confirm.

Seems our friends across the pond are more positive than us moaning brits and seem mainly IN. Possibly as the car will be rarer over there too and the FE is actually limited.

GTEvora

Reaction score
I am also still in - just had my first test drive at the Lotus dealer in Abu Dhabi. Very happy with the drive and the car generally.

Deposit was placed July 2021 and just had it confirmed my car will be in the first batch of cars to reach the UAE and is in build now.

I am coming from a GT410 Sport that I have had 2 years also bought from the same dealer.

OP
digilotus

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am also still in - just had my first test drive at the Lotus dealer in Abu Dhabi. Very happy with the drive and the car generally.

Deposit was placed July 2021 and just had it confirmed my car will be in the first batch of cars to reach the UAE and is in build now.

I am coming from a GT410 Sport that I have had 2 years also bought from the same dealer.
That is so awesome and we can't wait to hear your experiences (plus lots of photos of course!) when you collect your new Emira in the next couple of months.

Its also great to have more members from the UAE on this forum! 👍

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Nice , I also had the test drive few days ago but in dubai

I think our cars will came at the same boat ! 😂

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've been waiting patiently in the I4 line since August 2021. Like most, I've been getting what snippets I can from here rather than Lotus comms. For now I'm happy to keep the faith as I don't need it as a daily plus by the time it's eventually my turn I'll hopefully have a bit more cash stashed to pay for it!

Things that will be a dealbreaker for me are:

1. Lotus say they won't honour the original I4 FE prices for people with deposits.
2. My V6 test drive booked for next month is a big disappointment.
3. When they finally surface, the reviews for the I4 are bad.

Of those I think the first is by far the biggest risk.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I've been waiting patiently in the I4 line since August 2021. Like most, I've been getting what snippets I can from here rather than Lotus comms. For now I'm happy to keep the faith as I don't need it as a daily plus by the time it's eventually my turn I'll hopefully have a bit more cash stashed to pay for it!

Things that will be a dealbreaker for me are:

1. Lotus say they won't honour the original I4 FE prices for people with deposits.
2. My V6 test drive booked for next month is a big disappointment.
3. When they finally surface, the reviews for the I4 are bad.

Of those I think the first is by far the biggest risk.
Same thinking here !

Subzero05

Reaction score
Not likely for a while. Current orders are getting quotes for late 2024 delivery. I am sure there will be some flippers in the US, though, you might be able to get one second hand. The order books for the base model also has not opened, so you might be able to jump the line if you find a dealer willing to do that for you - at a cost.
thanks, yeah that is what I am figuring as well. Not looking for a base model, would be a V6 FE or beyond

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Still in....Original deposit with Gator, mid-July '21. After finding out I didn't get an FE allocation, I was refunded and went with Park Place as it's closer and I knew I was in for an even longer wait.
I'm waiting to make a final decision pending a test drive and seeing how things pan out with early owners. Like @Eagle7 said...it won't be the fastest on the road but it will be one of the most beautiful. I did get to see it at Park Place when it was there a year ago.

If I end up going forward, I'll either be trading my 991 Turbo S or my husband's wide body Hellcat Challenger, which could prove to be very hard to do as both are great cars in their own ways. Unfortunately we can't keep them all 🙁