Any other young buyers?

2BIG2FAIL

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As seems common with many forums related to cars in this price range, the demographics seem to skew a bit older.

Nothing wrong with that, but just wondering if there are any other young (20's) buyers in here?

A few questions:

1. What is your intended use case? I am (perhaps too optimistically?) planning to daily the car, given that I don't have a family to drive around and drive solo 99% of the time. It seems that for many of the older depositors, the Emira is more of a weekend toy. I live in SoCal and don't drive too much outside of a 10 mile round trip daily work commute and some weekend driving, so I hope that it is feasible. If not, likely planning on picking up some sort of used SUV to supplement the car.

2. How do you think the insurance shakes out (particularly if you are in the US). I drive a 2 series right now, have had 2 tickets (both like ~10 over, sue me) and the insurance is already brutal. I am hoping that with a few more years of age and clean driving record during the deposit period that the jump isn't too high.

Would welcome any other discussion!

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I put a deposit down when I was 25, and I am now 26 years old. REAAALLLLY hoping to have a car before I am 27. I think there are only a couple people on here in the US and under 30 years old, so I wouldn't expect a flood of responses, but maybe widen your search to some people in their lower 30s and you will get more answers!

1. I will be driving this less than daily, and more than on weekends. It will be my normal car, except for in the winter. I work from home often however, so I do not quite drive every day. In the winter, I will drive my truck most days. I live in the northeast, so snow and salt get pretty terrible here. Multiple times a year I go on 12 hour one-way trips, and would occasionally use the Emira for this. I have a fiance and no kids, and will not have kids. Fiance has a CR-V, and I also have a beater car in addition to my truck.

2. My insurance quoted me $1509 per year. I have never had a speeding ticket, just a non-moving violation for having a light out when driving out of state through Ohio at age 22. No points on license. That may or may not factor in, probably not especially by the time I get the vehicle.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I put a deposit down when I was 25, and I am now 26 years old. REAAALLLLY hoping to have a car before I am 27. I think there are only a couple people on here in the US and under 30 years old, so I wouldn't expect a flood of responses, but maybe widen your search to some people in their lower 30s and you will get more answers!

1. I will be driving this less than daily, and more than on weekends. It will be my normal car, except for in the winter. I work from home often however, so I do not quite drive every day. In the winter, I will drive my truck most days. I live in the northeast, so snow and salt get pretty terrible here. Multiple times a year I go on 12 hour one-way trips, and would occasionally use the Emira for this. I have a fiance and no kids, and will not have kids. Fiance has a CR-V, and I also have a beater car in addition to my truck.

2. My insurance quoted me $1509 per year. I have never had a speeding ticket, just a non-moving violation for having a light out when driving out of state through Ohio at age 22. No points on license. That may or may not factor in, probably not especially by the time I get the vehicle.
$1400 per year for me in TX. I’m not young but that rate seems to reflect the cost of the vehicle more than the driver at this point.

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi! Im 22 from Spain like Fernando Alonso 😜
My order should arrive between June / July

As for the use, I have in mind to use it on weekends more than anything for the time that my jobs leaves me

The insurance in Spain is too expensive if you have little experience driving, in my case it is around €9,000, but there is a trick and it is to put my father as the main driver or a family member with more experience and me as the usual driver, does not interfere in who takes more the car and usually lowers the price to around €3000 in my case, but I don't know how it will be in the USA

Last edited:

Hodl

Reaction score
Hello! I'm also in SoCal. Put my deposit in when I was 28 but will be getting the car at 31 at this rate 🥲. I deposited first week of Aug 2021 but saw the car when it was revealed and took awhile to decide on dropping the money for a deposit.
My use case is also going to be as a daily and I'm ready for whatever may happen in terms of servicing. I intend to get my hands dirty for routine maintenance stuff as well. Sold my M2 to fund this last year.
Not sure how insurance will play out but my M2 was about $1200 per year. No points. I've been in 5 accidents in my life but all were deemed not my fault and my premium never went up.

EMIRADILEMMA

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
9000?! Jesús ...glad to not be "young" any more.
Me too, I remember my first car when I was 18 in the UK, BMW 318i which cost GBP26k, my first quote from the dealer's recommended insurance company was GBP28k. One benefit of getting older!

tdm97

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm 26 years old and from Belgium :) I'm currently driving a bmw M2 competition. I'm switching to an Emira because it has a lot more of exotic syling and it's a mid-engine car.

I will use my Emira As my daily car and i already have a big 3 week roadtrip planned with it:

from Belgium to Barcelona
Barcelona to Marbella
Marbella to Valencia
Valencia to Nice (France)
Nice to Monaco
Then from Monaco back to St-Tropez
and to finish from St-Tropez back to Belgium 😅

it's about 5200km of driving fun

Last edited:

emiralust

Reaction score
Hi there, 29 from the Uk, insurance was £500 for the year. I have done 600miles in mine now and it’s more comfortable on a long drive than my f type was, i have the touring setup. You can definitely daily this car, particularly because we aren’t old and complaining of back issues 😉

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi there, 29 from the Uk, insurance was £500 for the year. I have done 600miles in mine now and it’s more comfortable on a long drive than my f type was, i have the touring setup. You can definitely daily this car, particularly because we aren’t old and complaining of back issues 😉
Hey Emiralust,

Where did you get your insurance from?

I’m 36 and I was quoted £700, garage, 8000 miles in Surrey, 15 years NC.

Admittedly haven’t shopped around yet

Strange how insurance companies calculate it all

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was in my 20s when I placed my deposit in July 2021, I am now however 31 - but hey at least I should get a 30+ insurance discount! and yes @emiralust would be interested to know where you sourced insurance if possible please?

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm just 37, so old-sh? My mum said I'm young compared to other blokes who drive these sorts of cars. Which I guess is true. Most here seem to be 50 and older.

Could have had this sort of car younger but put my money elsewhere over the years, so this car represents that I have nothing left to buy lol. I have 4 kids... so this is a VERY practical daily driver! I have access to the family/wifes car, so will look at a multicar deal. But quotes are coming in at £840 a year, on 9 years of no claims. I have not looked at insurance with track days included though, which is what I want. Now the autos have been approved, and into the systems, I expect things to get more competitive and drop £100-£200

Last edited:

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
26 and already 5600km in. I'm dailying the car currently, but am planning on an electric city hopper for shorter trips.
On the hook for about 3k a year in Germany. Can't blame them. Unknown car, untypical driver profile for that car. Clean records. Hella fun tho :love:

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi! Im 22 from Spain like Fernando Alonso 😜
My order should arrive between June / July

As for the use, I have in mind to use it on weekends more than anything for the time that my jobs leaves me

The insurance in Spain is too expensive if you have little experience driving, in my case it is around €9,000, but there is a trick and it is to put my father as the main driver or a family member with more experience and me as the usual driver, does not interfere in who takes more the car and usually lowers the price to around €3000 in my case, but I don't know how it will be in the USA
@clonalejandro has been officially adopted by @A Cascala and myself as our Spanish Lotus mascot ! 😜😜😜

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
27 this month, car also due this month

Planning to daily it as it will replace my s550 Mustang

Insurance from my current provider is crazy, they want £2800 for the year, can get quotes from comparison sites as low as £900 so will probably be changing

For comparison I think that's roughly 1.5x what the insurers quote for the Mustang so not too shabby

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

I put a deposit down when i was 19, I picked it up when I was 39!

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was 27 when I ordered and am 29 now. Got the car about six weeks ago.

My use case is kind of a daily driver and fun car, because I sold my Tesla to make the Emira happen. However I somehow managed to have four cars atm and all four of them with only two seats, which means I need another one 🤷🏻‍♂️ Probably a Mazda 3 to also use as a daily and as a winter car, because the Emira is only insured from March until end of October. Good thing is that this lowers insurance costs to 485€ in my case with 12.000km per season and the insurance covers all drivers above 25 years. Luckily in Germany the insurers don't charge you more if you get some tickets. It only gets more expansive if you regularly crash your cars.

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@2BIG2FAIL So just reading through these... so far there have only been 2 people still under 30 years old and in the US? I would say we could start the world's smallest club, but it is almost as far from me to you as it is from me to Hethel :LOL: kind of puts the size of the continental US into perspective. We probably wont bump into each other on the road anytime soon ha