emira exhaust ; does it have 3 settings ?

Jjrho

Reaction score
hi guys, so..., it appears that there is possibly 3 levels of exhaust noise level...i mean, on graphics, it changes from TOUR, to SPORT to TRACK modes....
but I really can't tell much difference .....may be it's more noticable from outside the car ?
either way, it is quite sedate...; i need a much louder exhaust.... and there seems to be a slight back pressure burble on decel on SPORT and TRACK mode? or am i imagining it...??

if the car has 3 levels, does any one know how it's configured? is there 2 different valves ? or is it 1 valve that has close, partial open, fully open ?

my first thing is to get rid of the 3rd cat.... and was actually thinking of putting an electric Y valve so i can dump fully , before the muffler....

please help me to understand what /how the emira exhaust system is set up from factory....

thanks

james R
'24 hethel yellow

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Under idle, there is a very obvious difference between Sport and Track modes, especially from outside the car, as well as when you change between modes.

When driving, I'm not so sure. Maybe there is a bigger difference at high RPMs? I'm not even close to completing the break-in miles, so I haven't ventured there much, but I'm finding that I like the sound of Sport mode most of all under normal driving.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think the sound is different at high revs between Sport and Track...

Stiffarm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Definite difference in sound going from touring to sport. No difference that I can hear in track vs. sport.Nice overrun though as compared to sport.

OP
J

Jjrho

Reaction score
and one of my mechanic friend who owns a evora was saying that at high rpm, regardless of the setting, the valves will open any wa.y....hmmmm.....

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
and one of my mechanic friend who owns a evora was saying that at high rpm, regardless of the setting, the valves will open any wa.y....hmmmm.....
That's correct. Most valved exhaust systems on factory cars do that to reduce backpressure and potential damage to engine.

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I thought same initially, seemed little difference between sport & track. However, after a year/4,000 miles, the difference has become more marked, to the point where track seems almost too loud in some situations. For those who haven’t got to break in mileage, you are in for a real treat - the sound at 6,000+ revs is sublime 👌