• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I'm in - the buyers thread

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So hadn't heard anything from Lotus since the price increase email stating mine hadn’t increased so gave them a call as my car is due for production this month. It was confirmed it’s this month and I should get my checkout email in a week or 2 with delivery shortly after in April. So assuming they’ve now picked up the pace with cars going our after production now. Looking forward to taking delivery at the factory!
You're in exactly the same position as me! Production this month and delivery in April. Price protected too. Have you already had the Enhance and Protect options email from Lotus?

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You're in exactly the same position as me! Production this month and delivery in April. Price protected too. Have you already had the Enhance and Protect options email from Lotus?
Same as me, and yes I have..

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Same as me, and yes I have..
Nice one. Just out of interest which options are you thinking of adding? I'm leaning towards the service plan, ceramic paint and cosmetic repairs. Unsure whether to go for wheel and tyre insurance...

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nice one. Just out of interest which options are you thinking of adding? I'm leaning towards the service plan, ceramic paint and cosmetic repairs. Unsure whether to go for wheel and tyre insurance...
service plan - yes probably - to counter against inflation
cosmetic - yes - my wife had it on her mini and it was well worth it - to protect from arseholes who open their door aggressively in car parks :)
Ceramic - no - heard the Lotus one isn't great (mostly due to original paint quality) - will probably get PPF on front and sills once I collect car..

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
service plan - yes probably - to counter against inflation
cosmetic - yes - my wife had it on her mini and it was well worth it - to protect from arseholes who open their door aggressively in car parks :)
Ceramic - no - heard the Lotus one isn't great (mostly due to original paint quality) - will probably get PPF on front and sills once I collect car..
Thanks. That's helpful. I heard the ceramic paint protection from Lotus wasn't great also, not sure who they use, but my Lotus dealer revealed to me that they have different but similarly priced options and can do a much better job. I will probably go with them instead. Could be worth you checking with your nearest dealer what products and insurance cover they offer.

Last edited:

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
@GAVLA don’t go for the standard ceramic coating option, if you select factory pick up, you’ll be offered alternative options which Scott will arrange. Some Xpel PPF and Gtechnic ceramic options which are done at the factory by a local guy

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@GAVLA don’t go for the standard ceramic coating option, if you select factory pick up, you’ll be offered alternative options which Scott will arrange. Some Xpel PPF and Gtechnic ceramic options which are done at the factory by a local guy
I have opted for delivery to Lotus Sussex, my closest dealer. They use a detailing company locally who does it, can 't recall the name but they told me they are excellent and much better than going for the option from Lotus

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was told March production, but no further comms re options etc. Odd? Not really I guess!

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yep has those emails too

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ll be honest, all of them seem
Pretty pointless. Plan on going agreed value via insurance anyway and everything else is redundant. Service plan unlikely to save anything, all the protection options I will be going with ppf so makes them redundant and the rest of the insurances I don’t think I’ll use tbh. Only thing may be extending the warranty but from what I understand it’s not very good and doesn’t cover much.

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ll be honest, all of them seem
Pretty pointless. Plan on going agreed value via insurance anyway and everything else is redundant. Service plan unlikely to save anything, all the protection options I will be going with ppf so makes them redundant and the rest of the insurances I don’t think I’ll use tbh. Only thing may be extending the warranty but from what I understand it’s not very good and doesn’t cover much.
I get what you mean. The service plan probably won't save me anything, I already checked this with the dealer, but it will protect me against price rises and inflation, and seeing as it can be transferred should I have to sell within the 3 yr period, I thought it was still worth having. I realise that the protection options don't cover PPF or other wrapping, but have decided to wait on PPF mainly due to cost and need some protection for the paintwork in the meantime from bird droppings, tree sap and coastal weather so will probably go with the ceramic coating anyway.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My car is currently getting PPF'd in full and also getting body, wheels and windows with Ceramic coating and interior protection.

I will do a video to show it all. Looks like my Emira has changed colour a little as I opted for a satin PPF.

Initially, there was a lot of detailing apparently. The paint is poor.

I have opted for all the quality stuff so that should be fairly informative when I feed it back on here.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I get what you mean. The service plan probably won't save me anything, I already checked this with the dealer, but it will protect me against price rises and inflation, and seeing as it can be transferred should I have to sell within the 3 yr period, I thought it was still worth having. I realise that the protection options don't cover PPF or other wrapping, but have decided to wait on PPF mainly due to cost and need some protection for the paintwork in the meantime from bird droppings, tree sap and coastal weather so will probably go with the ceramic coating anyway.
I think that the only issue with transferring the service plan if you don't keep it for three years, you are unlikely to get any extra for it. A bit like selling a house, some things are worth doing and add value that you can realise and other things not so much. I don't think any of the extras add value for resale, although they may be things that give you value/peace of mind etc.
In terms of hedging against inflation, you perhaps may expect to be earning x% more when the service is due and that should cover the increase anyway.
I have decided not to get the service pack and spend the money on overnight stays on trips away in the Emira. I will cross the 'service bridge' when I come to it (subject to having my car to cross aforementioned bridge!).

dave355

Reaction score
I think that the only issue with transferring the service plan if you don't keep it for three years, you are unlikely to get any extra for it. A bit like selling a house, some things are worth doing and add value that you can realise and other things not so much. I don't think any of the extras add value for resale, although they may be things that give you value/peace of mind etc.
In terms of hedging against inflation, you perhaps may expect to be earning x% more when the service is due and that should cover the increase anyway.
I have decided not to get the service pack and spend the money on overnight stays on trips away in the Emira. I will cross the 'service bridge' when I come to it (subject to having my car to cross aforementioned bridge!).
Mine is also march production and April delivery and won’t be adding any upsale items but will do the ppf later as been great on my other cars.been bit disappointed with ceramic (which looks great initially) so won’t be doing that .Just keep checking my emails for the checkout one hopefully soon

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I will do a video to show it all. Looks like my Emira has changed colour a little as I opted for a satin PPF.

Initially, there was a lot of detailing apparently. The paint is poor.

Whoa, satin!? Looking forward to seeing that!

I've spoken to a few detailers who got their hands on early Emiras. Half claimed the paint was great and others said it was soft and easily marked (especially the black pack bits).

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Mine is also march production and April delivery and won’t be adding any upsale items but will do the ppf later as been great on my other cars.been bit disappointed with ceramic (which looks great initially) so won’t be doing that .Just keep checking my emails for the checkout one hopefully soon
I really enjoy doing my own detailing, so won't get any ppf or ceramic as I have all the things I need to keep on top of the paint (apart from stone chips!). You are not alone checking your inbox!

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So hadn't heard anything from Lotus since the price increase email stating mine hadn’t increased so gave them a call as my car is due for production this month. It was confirmed it’s this month and I should get my checkout email in a week or 2 with delivery shortly after in April. So assuming they’ve now picked up the pace with cars going our after production now. Looking forward to taking delivery at the factory!
I was at the factory today and there's cars literally everywhere!!

The factory collection is absolutely brilliant