i4 FE - When are we going to see it? Getting annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark.

Reaction score
Still waiting for information to start emerging.

Even the i4 delivery to china has gone quiet.

0pirates0

Reaction score
Still waiting for information to start emerging.

Even the i4 delivery to china has gone quiet.
source said its still q2 to q4 for delivery in China. I think that's because the sales in China have not received any updates from Lotus UK at all.

Mark.

Reaction score
Going by the video that surfaced on the internet they have an i4 car there but nothing since.

Eworker

Reaction score
I saw on the Chinese page of the Lotus official website that the Emira I4 engine version has 400HP and 7200RPM, while the I4 engine version in other countries all just 360HP. So is the 400HP I4 engine only for China? Or is there a difference between I4 First Edition and I4 Basic Edition? Will the V6 engine version have a cheaper and lower power Base Edition in the future?
Emira I4 China.png
Emira I4 UK.png

OP
G

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
At 400hp I.E. matching the V6 the i4 will surely be the “quicker” car albeit “better” will come down to a number of factors / opinion.

Time will tell.

Test drive 3rd Feb at Prestbury and making an evening of it meeting up with my dad for a steak and a few beers at nearby hotel. See how I feel after the test drive on whether I stick to the cause

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I saw on the Chinese page of the Lotus official website that the Emira I4 engine version has 400HP and 7200RPM, while the I4 engine version in other countries all just 360HP. So is the 400HP I4 engine only for China? Or is there a difference between I4 First Edition and I4 Basic Edition? Will the V6 engine version have a cheaper and lower power Base Edition in the future?
View attachment 20826View attachment 20827
Among the mysteries of life, the conflicts of reality, the conundrums of material being, this is one. The great Oracle has decided to keep us in the dark, depriving us of knowledge, leaving us to brood in our drowning ignorance.

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not to derail this thread, but is the base v6 DEFINITELY coming out at the same time as the FE i4? If the base v6 is already pushed to 2024, and they have barely even made any v6 FEs.... that is not a great sign

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not to derail this thread, but is the base v6 DEFINITELY coming out at the same time as the FE i4? If the base v6 is already pushed to 2024, and they have barely even made any v6 FEs.... that is not a great sign
I think the one thing we've learned is that there's definitely no definite in anything Lotus.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Two out of three of my magic eight balls say that there will be I4 Emira made in the second half of 2023, but no base V6 until 2024. The remaining magic eight ball says KFC is better than Popeye's.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No. The start of Base V6 production is currently forecast to be Dec 2023 or Jan 2024. First i4 FE deliveries are currently forecast to be June 2023. These are for UK deliveries and other regions may vary.

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No. The start of Base V6 production is currently forecast to be Dec 2023 or Jan 2024. First i4 FE deliveries are currently forecast to be June 2023. These are for UK deliveries and other regions may vary.
That may well have been what was planned but if the V6 FE Auto still doesn't have UK type approval, then it's probable that the i4 doesn't either. Also, given that the UK isn't a priority for either Geely or Lotus, isn't it likely that the i4 will be shipped to Europe and China before the UK, because they won't have ordered RHD parts? Just as with the V6.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That may well have been what was planned but if the V6 FE Auto still doesn't have UK type approval, then it's probable that the i4 doesn't either. Also, given that the UK isn't a priority for either Geely or Lotus, isn't it likely that the i4 will be shipped to Europe and China before the UK, because they won't have ordered RHD parts? Just as with the V6.
The timings I gave were as provided by Lotus yesterday. Yes, they could be as accurate as previous dates and they could change the whole approach and start deliveries in other countries first. But this is what Lotus are currently telling UK customers.

0pirates0

Reaction score
just saw this pic on local emira forum today. This is a testing model in China RIGHT NOW. I am convinced it is the 2.0T model since:
1. 3.5 v6 manual model had already been imported into China and there's no point to do tests after it hits the road.
2. 3.5 AT model was never introduced here and there's no rumor so far.
3. It looks like the exact same emira with a 2.0t engine(with volvo brand number on the engine though) in Chengdu one month ago.
Hopefully we can hear something very soon.
微信图片_20230109160633.jpg

Last edited:
OP
G

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks

I’m hoping we will be told something sooner rather than later. All i4 depositors in the same boat here and heard nothing. Nothing given to the press. I am eager to find out how they think the both variants compare

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
just saw this pic on local emira forum today. This is a testing model in China RIGHT NOW. I am convinced it is the 2.0T model since:
1. 3.5 v6 manual model had already been imported into China and there's no point to do tests after it hits the road.
2. 3.5 AT model was never introduced here and there's no rumor so far.
3. It looks like the exact same emira with a 2.0t engine(with volvo brand number on the engine though) in Chengdu one month ago.
Hopefully we can hear something very soon.
View attachment 21018
Yeah, you can see the i4 engine cover if you squint... if it aint running on batteries in the boot, it must be an i4 👍

EDIT: actually looked at this on a larger hi-res screen... and I'm less sure that I can make out the cover because of the rear-view mirror... but let's just go with it - i4 "confirmed"! 😅

Last edited:

0pirates0

Reaction score
Most recent update here:
Just confirmed with my sales, he said unless this picture was photoshopped, this is exactly an Emira with M139 engine and it's ready to go. He still confirms that 2.0 emira will be delivered in Q2 to Q4.
The latest rumor is: there will be surprise in April. Hope it is not an April fool's joke.

Attachments

• 微信图片_20230119234151.jpg
    微信图片_20230119234151.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.