i4 FE - When are we going to see it? Getting annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
G

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well I hope a few RHD slip through; given I was in first campaign before recent price increases and cancellations I hope to be a little further up the list

0pirates0

Reaction score
now we are at Q2 2023 but still with no new updates from Lotus. I do see some ppl cancel their 2.0T emira in my region. Interesting to see how this will go to since Lotus and Geely promised last year that i4 will be delivered in the next 2 months

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
now we are at Q2 2023 but still with no new updates from Lotus. I do see some ppl cancel their 2.0T emira in my region. Interesting to see how this will go to since Lotus and Geely promised last year that i4 will be delivered in the next 2 months

“Promise”

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The I4 is so far away Elon Musk will get to Mars before it gets more solid information.
You know there's already a Tesla Roadster on its way, right?
Screenshot_20230409-105545_Google.jpg

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi all

Remained positive to date despite the lack of info. Placed my deposit 8th July 21 for an i4 and knew from the outset that this was the way I wanted to go.

Paid the second deposit in June and confirmed spec. Read lots about speculation and V6 but near on nothing about i4. Now with V6 orders likely to land Oct / Nov and other early customers serviced. Where does it leave i4 customers? It’s no poor relation; it’s an advanced high power flappy panel machine and being an AMG unit a credible platform that you would think to get far more air time …

Getting disillusioned with it all and now with the “early 23” message haven’t a clue what’s going on. £5k in not that it matters don’t know whether we will see our i4’s before the spring
Thanks for expressing the true feelings of us I4 FE contracted, true lightweight Lotus enthusiasts, customers kept waiting forever. There is no excuse for Lotus keeping the curtains down for so long, and in the process endlessly promoting the V6 FE as the superior model (without ever showing what the I4 really has up its sleeve). Very recently I was finally informed that my I4 FE has a projected build date around November 2023. But still no other information whatsoever. For sure our faith has to remain very strong throughout.

I am first of all expecting a proper product launch and presentation of the I4 FE, and also a review cycle with the automotive press.

Eworker

Reaction score
I'm guessing that the I4-powered Emira isn't necessarily lighter than the V6-powered one. Because both the original 2GRFE and M139 engines are about 160kg. The 8DCT from Mercedes-Benz is about 80kg, and the Aisin 6MT is about 45kg. I can't accurately judge the weight of the water-cooled supercharger used by Lotus, it may be about 20kg. From this point of view, unless the I4 version replaces the rear subframe from the steel of the V6 to a lighter material.
One thing I was expecting, since the I4 engine version doesn't have LSD, will the AMG torque split be applied to the Emira?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The i4 has an aluminium rear subframe rather than the steel version for the V6. The apples to apples comparison with all the transmission components and fluids for each is about 10kg difference. The i4 also has a lower CoG.

Eworker

Reaction score
The i4 has an aluminium rear subframe rather than the steel version for the V6. The apples to apples comparison with all the transmission components and fluids for each is about 10kg difference. The i4 also has a lower CoG.
Nice, looks like rear weight distribution will be improved too

0pirates0

Reaction score
A sales person of Lotus China published in the local forum that first i4 was started to build in April 2023 and will be finalized before June. However, he deleted that msg after some time. Everything about i4 is still in the shadow. Hope the amg models will just jump out quietly like the auto v6 ones.

0pirates0

Reaction score
Latest update, angry emira owners in China rushed to the opening ceremony of Lotus dealership in Chengdu due to the delay of i4. Qingfeng, CEO of Lotus admitted that none of the i4 had started to build so far and there's little possibility to see them coming in Q2. We were told the problem was on the matching of M139 and ECU. Disappointment was spreading and a number of cancellations was followed on.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Latest update, angry emira owners in China rushed to the opening ceremony of Lotus dealership in Chengdu due to the delay of i4. Qingfeng, CEO of Lotus admitted that none of the i4 had started to build so far and there's little possibility to see them coming in Q2. We were told the problem was on the matching of M139 and ECU. Disappointment was spreading and a number of cancellations was followed on.
Reaction patterns to negative news, or to something that does not appear at the expected timing, are different depending on different cultural related behavioral patterns around the world. So are the “suggested explanations” for why delays occur. Difficulty matching an ECU to the M139 engine type is a rather unlikely explanation. From various sources, mostly from England, UK where Emira I4 will be made, it looks like the model will start production towards the end of this year 2023. Most of us will receive it in 2024 as a 2024 model. The long wait will for sure see a certain percentage of cancellations; but for those of us who stand strong & patient, I am quite certain that we will be rewarded with a really excellent result at the end. The Emira I4 will be the genuine new EMIRA, which is the completely new model, and presumably the last LOTUS powered by an ICE engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.