i4 FE - When are we going to see it? Getting annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

schuey100

Reaction score
I paid the second deposit but now asked for it back until they can give firmer indication than ‘sometime in 2023’
Be interesting to see if they give the £3k back, think the initial £2k is plenty considering they’ll be sitting on it for probably 2 years until a car maybe arrives…..

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Same here. Deposit £2k on 12th July 21, i4 from the beginning - nothing nada since. Only a couple of generic emails.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They were supposed to start the second stage process to ask UK people for confirmed specs and second deposits from May onwards. It was soon after they confirmed the i4 FE pricing and enabled the configurator. I don't think they officially kicked it off, or only with a few people, and I assume they delayed it because of the V6 delays.

I know a few people contacted Lotus to go through the process and did finalise spec and pay second deposit.

It's disappointing but not surprising that there's been no comms to i4 deposit holders. I pointed out to Lotus in January at Hethel and again in June at Goodwood that there had been zero comms to i4 folks - it's always "coming soon".

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
They were supposed to start the second stage process to ask UK people for confirmed specs and second deposits from May onwards. It was soon after they confirmed the i4 FE pricing and enabled the configurator. I don't think they officially kicked it off, or only with a few people, and I assume they delayed it because of the V6 delays.

I know a few people contacted Lotus to go through the process and did finalise spec and pay second deposit.

It's disappointing but not surprising that there's been no comms to i4 deposit holders. I pointed out to Lotus in January at Hethel and again in June at Goodwood that there had been zero comms to i4 folks - it's always "coming soon".
it must be tough releasing a car with worldwide supply chain issues, China COVID lockdowns, 40 year worst inflation and a UK energy crisis! BUT WE WANT i4 Exhaust sound clips NOOOOOW! 😂
I’m just building up a larger deposit for my car as we wait.

OP
G

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was contacted in May and asked to finalise spec. I couldn’t decide on colour and so booked a factory tour with my dad to drive a decision. Then paid up as requested. Only feedback since is “sometime 23”

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Yes much like me the only people who've paid more on i4 are ones who have contacted Lotus.

We were told the spec would be locked in some time ago but that is obviously not really fair given the delays. Fortunately I don't have any reason to change mine.

Not had any emails relating directly to i4.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I placed an order for the I4 Emira in China. I only placed a deposit a couple of months ago.

Up until a few weeks ago the I4 Emira was the only model you could order in China. Recently they stopped offering FE I4 in China and the only Emira you can now buy is the V6 FE manual, but no options, it comes as they decide. These V6 Emira cost 30% more than the I4 and they state they will start deliveries late 22 on the V6. I4 deliveries are now supposed to start Q3 23 in China. Up until a couple of months ago they were saying first deliveries of the I4 Emira to China would be late 22.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJS

Emira2023

Reaction score
I was set on V6 Auto but then decided I couldn’t live with the V6 Auto box and a DCT would be much better, so switched to an i4 model. Had paid 5k deposit up til the point of switching (original order mid Aug 21).

Just hoping the i4 sounds good - I’m sure it’ll be plenty quick on the road…roll on first reveal and footage of the i4.

Getting a second wind now on enthusiasm for the Emira after reading the newly released handbook 😀.

My current i4 M50 daily took a year from order and previous Macan GTS took 18 months so used to waiting…hence my username! 2023 was always going to be the delivery year…I hope!

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am a fairly early i4 (July 8th) deposit. I got a second call and link to confirm my spec back in April which I double checked on a phone call. I have received the generic emails along with a specific delivery in Dec email later followed by another more recently changing that to a "we will let you know early 2023". I am mentally resigned to the Feb/March timeframe but not betting the house on that.

Crown

Reaction score
Only ever wanted an i4 and still think it’s the one to have .Ordered the evening of the reveal at lotus. Paid my 2k back then in 2021 then was asked for 3k in early May 2022. Had email to say November delivery in late May 2022, had email in July 2022 to say delivery early 2023. So that’s my time line so far ?

tjspowpow

Reaction score
Hi,

I put my initial deposit down on the 9th July 2021. Been after an i4 since the beginning.

I spoke to customer services around April/ May 2022 and was told I was looking at a December delivery. However they mentioned that I had to configure and pay second deposit by 1st August 2022.

Just before that deadline I called customer services again to see what if anything had changed. I was told that I was now looking at a March delivery. Reason given was further non-specific delays to deliveries plus the fact that I was “in the second batch of i4 deliveries” This stuck in my mind as I believed I was a relatively early depositor but was told in no uncertain terms that I was quite late to the game in terms of getting my deposit in for an i4.

I was told that due to delays I could configure and pay second deposit after the “deadline” but that it would be in my favour having my configuration locked in.

I subsequently configured my Emira and paid second deposit by the deadline date. Then received the standard Lotus email saying your car will be produced by early 2023.

I work in sales so take most things I’m told with a pinch of salt.

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Good things come to those who wait methinks. I bet I'm not the only V6 deposit holder wondering if the reviews for the I4 are going to say, "this is the modern power train it needed!" Granted probably followed up with, "we look forward to the more powerful version."

I am hoping for some I4 reviews before my 30 day call.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Good things come to those who wait methinks. I bet I'm not the only V6 deposit holder wondering if the reviews for the I4 are going to say, "this is the modern power train it needed!" Granted probably followed up with, "we look forward to the more powerful version."

I am hoping for some I4 reviews before my 30 day call.
Will be a massive dilemma if the I4 is rated higher than V6. I can't see Lotus getting an I4 reviewed before first couple of batches of V6 are out.

Medic518

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Will be a massive dilemma if the I4 is rated higher than V6. I can't see Lotus getting an I4 reviewed before first couple of batches of V6 are out.
Agreed, much like lynchy73 (China), we in the U.S. have been told Winter 23'/24'. That is a big change - guessing from the V6 production start for the U.S. being pushed to Jan. 23'. Actually thought it was a typo based on the length of push, but your point makes complete sense..

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As others have said. I think the I4 will likely be well received by the motoring press. You might well be right that they are in no rush to let the motoring press get hold of the I4 and for them to rave how much better it is than the old tech V6 and MT…. At least not before they get some V6 delivered and payments made.

For me, it just doesn’t make sense to pay a 30% premium for a V6 MT, especially when the I4 has the same 400bhp, a higher 480Nm, a DCT and a usefully lower kerb weight. The V6 over here only comes with sport + cup2 and a few other option I wouldn’t pick. No mountain roads round here (gotten used to not changing my own gears now) and some shitty roads too, so tour would be best.

It’d be nice to get it by Dec. 23. Wouldn’t be surprised if it takes longer.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Whilst it must be annoying that the China I4 Emira supposedly has 400bhp, versus 360 everywhere else. However, that would suggest Lotus should be using the top spec AMG engine found in the A45S rather than what’s used in the A45. I did read there are hardware differences between the A45 and A45S engines.

If Lotus are willing to supply the Emira with 400bhp in China (we don’t have the best petrol over here) then I wouldn’t be surprised if Lotus didn’t in time offer a factory backed re flash to bring the I4 up to at least 400bhp (for a small fee of course).

RapidLotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi all

Remained positive to date despite the lack of info. Placed my deposit 8th July 21 for an i4 and knew from the outset that this was the way I wanted to go.

Paid the second deposit in June and confirmed spec. Read lots about speculation and V6 but near on nothing about i4. Now with V6 orders likely to land Oct / Nov and other early customers serviced. Where does it leave i4 customers? It’s no poor relation; it’s an advanced high power flappy panel machine and being an AMG unit a credible platform that you would think to get far more air time …

Getting disillusioned with it all and now with the “early 23” message haven’t a clue what’s going on. £5k in not that it matters don’t know whether we will see our i4’s before the spring
I would be very concerned if I were you. It does not appear that any other I4 buyers have been asked for the 2nd deposit or order specs. Are you really sure the dealer knows you are wanting an I4? Best check or a V6 may end up on your driveway.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The better question is, why isn't the AMG I4 offered with a 6MT?

(rhetorical question, since I know Lotus would need to source a 6MT that fits the AMG engine's profile, specs, etc, as I doubt they can rig the Aisin 6MT to the AMG I4, but HEY, come on, Lotus, get to work.)

I actually would have preferred it, because it's a lighter engine that can be easily tuned to achieve 400+ power.

Status
Not open for further replies.