• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Hello from sunny So.California!

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was leaning towards a Cayman until I saw the Emira! Placed my deposit this morning. Now for the agonizing wait.. 2 years ago I thought I had done the sensible thing and sold my last sports car, a c6z06 Vette. bought the wife n me a nice comfy Lincoln Aviator and started driving the speed limit again. Well just like herpes the sports car bug returned so I'm "getting back in the game" at 68! Think I'll probably be buried in my Lotus...:) I want something fun like my first "sports" car a Datsun 510 way back in '72 and this looks like it might be the car!! To this day that Datsun was the best handling car I have owned, being perfectly balanced and happy drifting around the corners of Ortega Hwy.

Last edited:

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Welcome!

In true Lotus fashion, because you did your initial deposit TODAY, you will get delivery in just 6 weeks, bypassing everyone who has been waiting for 10+ months so far, and into 2024.

Congratulations!

Post pics!

OP
Pops68

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Welcome!

In true Lotus fashion, because you did your initial deposit TODAY, you will get delivery in just 6 weeks, bypassing everyone who has been waiting for 10+ months so far, and into 2024.

Congratulations!

Post pics!
If only!! Thanks...:)

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Pops68 and waiting party! 🍻

Did you consider the new Nissan Z at all?

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
sigh…..
KeKW8z8.jpg

OP
Pops68

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Pops68 and waiting party! 🍻

Did you consider the new Nissan Z at all?
Thanks! I did not look at the new Z. While it probably has great numbers it doesn't have the "wow" factor I'm looking for plus I had one of the first 350zs here in Corona and it was a terrific car right up 'till the warranty expired then began to fall apart. Window lift failed, gas guage quit working, fasteners started coming apart...and no sympathy from dealer service so I traded it in for an '05 Mustang GT and scratched Nissan off my list of future cars...:)

OP
Pops68

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
sigh…..
KeKW8z8.jpg
Oh yeah the BRE! Back in 72 the gas shortage was on and the econo-boxes were just coming to our shores. I had my eye on a '65 Shelby GT350 that a guy had for sale in San Clemente. He wanted $3k for it!!! I think my Dad knew I'd probably kill myself in it but I sure wish he had let me buy it and stick it in a warehouse 'till I matured a little (oh wait, it'd still be in the warehouse today under that criteria). Anyway I scoured R&T and this little Japanese car was tearing up the track at SCCA events. I found a grasshopper green 510 out front of Barwick Datsun and bought it with 2k miles on it for $1800. Poked some holes in the exhaust to justify to Dad that I needed a new muffler, then within a month snuck it down to my buddy's house where we put a lowering kit on it. What a fun car! Some of my best driving memories were in that ol 510...:)

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Oh yeah the BRE! Back in 72 the gas shortage was on and the econo-boxes were just coming to our shores. I had my eye on a '65 Shelby GT350 that a guy had for sale in San Clemente. He wanted $3k for it!!! I think my Dad knew I'd probably kill myself in it but I sure wish he had let me buy it and stick it in a warehouse 'till I matured a little (oh wait, it'd still be in the warehouse today under that criteria). Anyway I scoured R&T and this little Japanese car was tearing up the track at SCCA events. I found a grasshopper green 510 out front of Barwick Datsun and bought it with 2k miles on it for $1800. Poked some holes in the exhaust to justify to Dad that I needed a new muffler, then within a month snuck it down to my buddy's house where we put a lowering kit on it. What a fun car! Some of my best driving memories were in that ol 510...:)
I showed Son 1 a pic and now he’s obsessed with finding one.