Hello from Victoria, Australia

DaveH

Reaction score
IMG_3075 - Copy.jpg

Based now near Melbourne, ex UK. Emigrated here in 1978 with my '72 drop-head (red) Elan Sprint, stupidly sold! I don't know why it took SO much time agonizing on the colour combination for my new order. Owned several bright red cars but I was only prompted to post my first one here when I just came across the picture of my very first car.
Almost totally forgotten in the sands of time but the ONLY thing I remember about it was that it was bright red! Just look at those silver rims folks!
Roll on 2022!

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
View attachment 1501
Based now near Melbourne, ex UK. Emigrated here in 1978 with my '72 drop-head (red) Elan Sprint, stupidly sold! I don't know why it took SO much time agonizing on the colour combination for my new order. Owned several bright red cars but I was only prompted to post my first one here when I just came across the picture of my very first car.
Almost totally forgotten in the sands of time but the ONLY thing I remember about it was that it was bright red! Just look at those silver rims folks!
Roll on 2022!
Welcome to the group. Make yourself at home.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome and love that first car pic. The continuity to your Emira spec via the Elan is a great story. Guessing it's going to be a rare sight in Melbourne.

Always enjoyed visiting there, first time back in the early '90s working at Williamstown Dockyard on the weapons systems for the ANZAC Frigates then later in the '00s doing consulting work for various banks. Did some hiking in the Grampians, horse riding at Werribee Park and watching motorsport at Phillip Island. Lovely part of the world.

OP
DaveH

DaveH

Reaction score
Nice little car. LOL
Yes - it was an automatic. Only two pedals, left and right. Pretty good on the gas too - and the tyres never seemed to wear out. As you maybe can see by my dirty hands it's probably good I chose the leather wheel over Alcantara.

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The red Emira looks similar to a Ferrari 296 GTB from the side. :unsure:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The red Emira looks similar to a Ferrari 296 GTB from the side. :unsure:
Some interesting comparisons here:

OP
DaveH

DaveH

Reaction score
Here as promised. Fulfills all expectations and more. Keep hanging in there you guys!
Great Ocean Road, here we come.
And the plate? Sadly, not allowed to block out the two unwanted little letters there.
Lastly, try reading it with a Kiwi accent...

20230513_144349-1.jpg

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here as promised. Fulfills all expectations and more. Keep hanging in there you guys!
And the plate? Sadly, not allowed to block out the two unwanted little letters there.

View attachment 26637
Great photo. Happy for you.
One day.....

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Drove the Great Ocean Road and, at the recommendation of my Tinder date, “Black Spur” when I visited Melbourne in 2019. Have been itching to get back since, what an amazing town. I wasn’t prepared for how good the food was.

@DaveH what will be the first roads you attack? Any recommendations for great driving roads?

7F3E0F22-B060-41B0-9F0F-6972F7050826.jpeg
CEE9436B-9201-48CB-A71D-A2A68460F77E.jpeg

OP
DaveH

DaveH

Reaction score
Apart from the obvious I've got from Bright to Mt Beauty as one, and down in the Otways late on a clear night under a full moon. All with the windows down and in Track mode of course! Then further afield perhaps.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

View attachment 26637
Awesome @DaveH, congratulations! Brilliant spec!
When you're coming down the great ocean road then please let me know and we can catch up! I've got my Emira ready!

Just tried reading your plate with a Kiwi accent... :ROFLMAO:

rich64

Reaction score

View attachment 26637
lol, its the Australian accent that pronounces 6 as sex...