Emira vs other Exotic Cars

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know we already have several discussions on how the Emira stacks up against the competition, but I wanted to share these new photos that a member of the Emira facebook (Santi Lz) group put together. (Permission received to post here)

Side views:
emira-vs-side1.jpg
emira-vs-side2.jpg
emira-vs-side3.jpg
emira-vs-side4.jpg
emira-vs-side5.jpg
emira-vs-side6.jpg
emira-vs-side8.jpg
emira-vs-side7.jpg

Rammie

Reaction score
Great post Supersix. The Emira has the best looks out of all these cars from every angle. I was going to buy a Porsche Cayman GTS4 but ever since I found the Emira I have completely changed my mind. Just need to satisfy myself that the Emira is the one when it goes on tour in late September in the UK. Paid my deposit in July.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for posting, saw these over on the Facebook group. It highlights how Lotus have managed to achieve a design that stands up favourably in comparison with supercars as well as sportscars. Plus it's cohesive overall, in a way the Evora didn't manage to achieve. The linkages to recent and heritage Lotus cars are also there. Junior supercar, junior Evija - I'll buy that!

It would be interesting to see a similar set of pictures for the interiors too. Has anyone see comparisons posted up side by side like this?

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see a similar set of pictures for the interiors too. Has anyone see comparisons posted up side by side like this?

I have not, but that's a great idea for a new thread.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
For me the Hurucan has always been the best looking car on the market then the Emira came along, I thought to myself can this car be as good or even better looking than the Huracan!!!
After seeing the car at the road show in the flesh I can honestly say it is 😀 I just really hope it’s the daily that they are promising.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I know we already have several discussions on how the Emira stacks up against the competition, but I wanted to share these new photos that a member of the Emira facebook (Santi Lz) group put together. (Permission received to post here)

Side views:
View attachment 257View attachment 258View attachment 259View attachment 260View attachment 261View attachment 262View attachment 263View attachment 264
I like that the Emira rear side air intake is well above road level and not ingesting highway heat as others are. Should make for better cooling besides the radiator.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They’ve even copied the colour ;)

The Lotus looks better, a more coherently resolved design in my opinion.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ah! Knew it reminded me of something! Good spot.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just looked up some pics. They used the same blue as well!
2DB6C046-CC0C-457B-8D5A-A206A5C538E1.jpeg

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
There was a new render of a modern EB110 somewhere as well and sure that looked even more similar ...
Hmmm maybe, maybe not on this one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211013-200033_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-200033_Google.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 64

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The other interesting connection is that Romano Artioli owned Bugatti when the EB110 was launched (30 years ago last month). He then also owned Lotus for a period. The Lotus Elise was launched during his ownership and was named after his granddaughter Elisa, who has been a lifelong Lotus fan. This is them at last month’s EB110 anniversary.

7C9E3585-7ADC-4D2F-AB1E-9B31422C926E.jpeg

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The other interesting connection is that Romano Artioli owned Bugatti when the EB110 was launched (30 years ago last month). He then also owned Lotus for a period. The Lotus Elise was launched during his ownership and was named after his granddaughter Elisa, who has been a lifelong Lotus fan. This is them at last month’s EB110 anniversary.

View attachment 787
Nice story and impressive recall,!