Emira vs other Exotic Cars

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
More here if you’re interested. It’s very cool to have a car named after you. And even cooler to then own and drive one. Elisa is an active member of the Lotus community.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Great thread. Thanks for sharing.

Emira's lines do make it look every bit like a super car, which is impressive. Cannot wait to see one in the flesh in a couple of weeks.

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The side view is an in-between of these 2 cars:
1649709466490.png

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Keep in mind the actual ride height of the Emira is nothing like that blue prototype car or the configurator renders. Production ride height makes it look more like an Elise from the side and less a Ferrari.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Has anyone drive the Apine A110 ? I’m thinking if the Emira doesn’t do it for me, Alpine is 30k less…… as my purchase is just for w/e Fun. I don’t have any dealers near me to test drive one and I think they look kinda quirky certainly don’t see any in the road.

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Keep in mind the actual ride height of the Emira is nothing like that blue prototype car or the configurator renders. Production ride height makes it look more like an Elise from the side and less a Ferrari.

My prior post was mostly commenting on the stylistic body creases, rocker kink, vent scallops, etc. more than ride height or proportions. I'm aware or may even be overly keen on its ride height and offset. I critiqued the differences among 3 of the Emiras toured around the world which some found ridiculous or they just didn't have an eye to pick up the differences. And unless those renders above or photos in the collage below aren't shot in the same frame or with the same lighting or camera settings (esp. focal length), they can't be compared 1:1.
1649756742950.png

But this video offers some perspective of the Emira's on-road presence among sports cars/supercars:

Among the 3 dimensions (length/width/height), I place most importance on width to define supercar presence. The Emira has identical width to the LFA at 1,895mm--I consider the LFA a supercar.

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's a nice perspective!

Can't get over those blue leather seats... :love:

In reality the Emira won't look too tall or out of place compared to the competition. There's always a trade-off between ride height and practicality. At 12.5cms ground clearance, that's an absolute minimum to clear common road obstacles like speedhumps. I would not go any lower unless its a dedicated track monster.

Rather than lowering it, I think that Lotus is preparing for installing 21" factory rims in a future model that will help fill out the wheel arches without reducing clearance. How's that for food for thought? #mindblown

• Wow
Reactions: ADC

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What game is the video from?? Wouldnt mind buying it myself.
I think it's called Assetto Corsa and AFAIK that was an unofficial custom mod by a user available for purchase. I don't know many games the Emira is officially in. I think there's one called CSR2 (smartphone game) and Asphalt 9 (smartphone and some consoles). But both are very arcade-y/not worth buying for the gameplay and you might have to earn the Emira through some events if not buy your way to it. If I had to pick one among those 2 games, I'd go Asphalt 9.

Edit: Come to think of it, CSR2 is free as I started the campaign toward earning the Emira but lost patience and stopped pursuing it. A shortcut may exist to buy your way through in-game credits.

Last edited:

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And unless those renders above or photos in the collage below aren't shot in the same frame or with the same lighting or camera settings (esp. focal length), they can't be compared 1:1.
I totally agree with you and admire your eye for detail. I think we can completely disregard any of the blue cars so far as representative of ride height. The grey car I suspect is slightly lower (particularly at the front) than the production cars, if the leaked photos from the factory are indicative. Which is a real shame, because the grey car as it ran at Goodwood looks just right to me. The fact that Lotus seems to go to great lengths to make the car lower in the configurator and all the official photos bothers me; I wish they'd just show the actual production cars in their actual production trim.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I totally agree with you and admire your eye for detail. I think we can completely disregard any of the blue cars so far as representative of ride height. The grey car I suspect is slightly lower (particularly at the front) than the production cars, if the leaked photos from the factory are indicative. Which is a real shame, because the grey car as it ran at Goodwood looks just right to me. The fact that Lotus seems to go to great lengths to make the car lower in the configurator and all the official photos bothers me; I wish they'd just show the actual production cars in their actual production trim.
I had heard around the traps (but please don't make me look up sources) that the grey "dynamic testing" example was actually slightly higher than production will be. So expect somewhere between the blue (dumped) and grey (tiptoes) ride height.

EDIT: OK, here's one source (but not sure I trust this guy... seems a bit unreliable IMO ;) ) - Who is planning on wheel spacers right out of the gate? | Lotus Emira Forum

Last edited:

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had heard around the traps (but please don't make me look up sources) that the grey "dynamic testing" example was actually slightly higher than production will be. So expect somewhere between the blue (dumped) and grey (tiptoes) ride height.

EDIT: OK, here's one source (but not sure I trust this guy... seems a bit unreliable IMO ;) ) - Who is planning on wheel spacers right out of the gate? | Lotus Emira Forum
That would be a welcome surprise. What's got me concerned is photos like this:
1649781911406.png

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see a similar set of pictures for the interiors too. Has anyone see comparisons posted up side by side like this?
I wouldn't bother. When I did this in another thread, the consensus was that Ferrari interiors are "like something Homer Simpson would design or a teenage boy" or "looks like something somebody in the 80's thought the future would look like". Said no professional reviewer of a modern Ferrari. Ever.

This forum is (and I guess should be) completely prejudiced towards the Emira. But I still find it astounding how many times it's been repeated that 'it looks like a supercar, for 1/3 the price'. There are replica Ferrari 355s built on Toyota MR2 chassis that look like a supercar, for 1/3 the price... But like the Emira, they have neither the performance nor the technology of the real supercars. I'm sure the Emira will drive nicely... though, actually, an MR2 chassis is also pretty darn good.