New member, hello from Italy

FrankAV

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all, I'm a new member... Last year I was on the hunt for a new sports car, and after carefully evaluating my options based on my budget, I fell in love with the Emira. However, it was impossible to order a V6 today because all the cars have been allocated to Italy. So I had to search among the various dealers who still had them available for sale.
I wanted one with an automatic transmission and finally found it. I've already signed the contract and given an advance sum. But now my problem is the colour...
The one che dealer has is verdant green, which I don't like very much. It's too dark and the car lines 'disappear'... I'm making it wrap into another colour. And that is subject for another post..

Here's a picture of my car. Red calipers, alcantara seats with red stitching, alcantara steering, black rims, sport pack and black pack. I love everything except the sport pack (michelin tyres are too hard for our bumpy roads) and the dark green colour.

The car is brand new and the sticker price is a tad above the msrp. I had no choice if I wanted one.

I'm also considering to ask the dealer if he can change the tyres and swap them with the goodyear. Maybe those tyres will soften a little bit the experience considering I have the sport pack. I've read that the Michelin are more suited for track.
foto emira 1.jpg

foto emira 2.jpg

Last edited:

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats on finding an Emira and welcome to the forum!

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congrats on finding an Emira!
I wrapped one of my cars (RS3) 1.5-2 years ago and really liked the results, vinyl wraps came a long way, you could also check out colored PPF which my friend did on his car and it looks amazing + has the durability of PPF (vinyl gets damaged even from rock chips), priced kinda the same, if I could make the same choice again I’d probably go colored PPF (if they had the color I wanted).
And yes the tires make a HUGE difference!
Where are you biased in Italy ? I’m from Arezzo/Firenze :)

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When to the forum and I hope you are living your new car. 👍🏻
I agree with the previous post that coloured ppf is the way to go. Wraps are better these days but my installer said no one will give a guarantee over 3 years if not less and as far as I know you can’t get self healing vinyl like you can ppf.

OP
F

FrankAV

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks to all (grazie a tutti). ! @Speedy Emira I think I have to ask the price for a full ppf wrap. The wrap garage told me if was wayyy more expensive than the normal wrap. And I did not kwow that color ppf was possible. I'll give him a call today and ask him for the colour options and the price.. thx. (just one thing...isn't ppf much more thick thank normal wrap? don't u spot it on the car?)

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks to all (grazie a tutti). ! @Speedy Emira I think I have to ask the price for a full ppf wrap. The wrap garage told me if was wayyy more expensive than the normal wrap. And I did not kwow that color ppf was possible. I'll give him a call today and ask him for the colour options and the price.. thx. (just one thing...isn't ppf much more thick thank normal wrap? don't u spot it on the car?)
It depends if you have a custom wrap or it’s a templated kit. Mine came with the front end done and you could see the lines especially the virtual ones ion the wing having a couple of mm end point than the edge of the panel. The dirt gets trapped against the edge and is very noticeable. My custom pppf was wrapped the panel ends and looks superb. They did take 3 weeks to do everything but worth the wait. I paid just over £6k including wheels, callipers, full ceramic and interior.

OP
F

FrankAV

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ok so here I am. Car is almost ready. I went for full wrap, ppf on all the front, and on the black gloss parts plus ceramic. Here's a video made by the wrap garage. I will collect it maybe by the end of this week if it stops raining damn it...

Attachments

• 4_5978622341779822753.mp4
    4.7 MB

GasperV

Reaction score
Ok so here I am. Car is almost ready. I went for full wrap, ppf on all the front, and on the black gloss parts plus ceramic. Here's a video made by the wrap garage. I will collect it maybe by the end of this week if it stops raining damn it...

@FrankAV How much did you pay for full wrap and ceramic? The car looks nice. 😉

OP
F

FrankAV

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@FrankAV How much did you pay for full wrap and ceramic? The car looks nice. 😉
Too much... I did full wrap, ppf gloss on all the black parts, ppf stealth in the front and bumber,hood and rear bumper and other parts, plus creamic. €8.400+vat and here in italy is 22%.