Greetings from Vancouver, Canada!

Liquid Hot Magma

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have an Emira V6 manual FE 2 on order. I put down my first deposit in August 2022. I was expecting to end up with a base model because I was so late to the party. I was aware of Emira at the time it was revealed, but the stars didn’t align in my life for me to commit to a purchase until 2022. Second deposit with specifications were submitted to Lotus in December 2023. It was a welcome surprise to get a call from my dealer last month with an FE 2 allocation offer. I’ve spec’d Magma Red, full black pack, sport w/ Cup 2, silver wheels, yellow callipers, Alcantara w/ red stitching, leather steering wheel.

I requested privacy glass delete because I prefer having all the side windows with a consistent transparency. I do like the look of the privacy glass on the engine hatch, though. It goes well with the upper black pack. Unfortunately, privacy on the hatch glass is not an option by itself. I remember reading in another thread on this forum that someone had Lotus replace the triangular side privacy glass with regular glass, due to an error, but decided to keep privacy glass on the back. I think that’s a winning combination. Lucky for them to have that unique combo, but must have been a hassle to go through that process. I also had to have my dealer correct the double negative privacy glass delete option, after I noticed the error on their submission confirmation. It seems I am not the only one who has had to resolve this privacy glass double negative mix-up with their dealer.

I’ve learned a lot from this community as I lurked here, on and off, the past year and a half. Forum members are quite knowledgeable with Lotus cars, audio, dash cams, wheels, and modding in general; topics I also have an interest in, having modded my own car. I’m coming from the world of Honda. For my Emira, I plan to get lighter aftermarket wheels, hardwire front/rear dash cams with an external LiFePo4 battery, and replace some of the plastic bits with carbon fiber bits.

This will be my first Lotus, although I’ve been a fan of Lotus my entire life. My dream car growing up was the Turbo Esprit. I was too young to ever afford one while it was in production, so I’m grateful I’m able to buy an Emira before ICE cars go extinct. No other sports car currently in production has interested me enough to want to own it. So, if Emira didn’t come along, I probably wouldn’t be buying a new car until possibly the Type 135. Does anyone else here think Lotus might revive the Esprit with Type 135? 2026 will be Esprit’s 50th anniversary.

Anyway, looking forward to learning more and sharing knowledge with the community, as I continue my journey into Lotus world. I know some of you are Lotus veterans and own other Lotus cars, and have been waiting for your Emiras a lot longer than I have. I do hope CARB certification is completed as soon as next week so that you can finally enjoy your cars. I was told my Emira is slated to be built in April for a summer 2024 delivery (it’s sad that I have to specify the year, haha). In the meantime, I’ll be living vicariously through forum members while I patiently wait to receive my car, soon™.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Liquid Hot Magma! Glad you decided to join and no longer just be a lurker. We've got a great group of enthusiasts here.

Love the username btw! 😂

1000015764.gif

OP
Liquid Hot Magma

Liquid Hot Magma

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No side badges on an FE 2. They will have frickin’ laser beams attached to their sides!

Last edited:

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have an Emira V6 manual FE 2 on order. I put down my first deposit in August 2022. I was expecting to end up with a base model because I was so late to the party. I was aware of Emira at the time it was revealed, but the stars didn’t align in my life for me to commit to a purchase until 2022. Second deposit with specifications were submitted to Lotus in December 2023. It was a welcome surprise to get a call from my dealer last month with an FE 2 allocation offer. I’ve spec’d Magma Red, full black pack, sport w/ Cup 2, silver wheels, yellow callipers, Alcantara w/ red stitching, leather steering wheel.

I requested privacy glass delete because I prefer having all the side windows with a consistent transparency. I do like the look of the privacy glass on the engine hatch, though. It goes well with the upper black pack. Unfortunately, privacy on the hatch glass is not an option by itself. I remember reading in another thread on this forum that someone had Lotus replace the triangular side privacy glass with regular glass, due to an error, but decided to keep privacy glass on the back. I think that’s a winning combination. Lucky for them to have that unique combo, but must have been a hassle to go through that process. I also had to have my dealer correct the double negative privacy glass delete option, after I noticed the error on their submission confirmation. It seems I am not the only one who has had to resolve this privacy glass double negative mix-up with their dealer.

I’ve learned a lot from this community as I lurked here, on and off, the past year and a half. Forum members are quite knowledgeable with Lotus cars, audio, dash cams, wheels, and modding in general; topics I also have an interest in, having modded my own car. I’m coming from the world of Honda. For my Emira, I plan to get lighter aftermarket wheels, hardwire front/rear dash cams with an external LiFePo4 battery, and replace some of the plastic bits with carbon fiber bits.

This will be my first Lotus, although I’ve been a fan of Lotus my entire life. My dream car growing up was the Turbo Esprit. I was too young to ever afford one while it was in production, so I’m grateful I’m able to buy an Emira before ICE cars go extinct. No other sports car currently in production has interested me enough to want to own it. So, if Emira didn’t come along, I probably wouldn’t be buying a new car until possibly the Type 135. Does anyone else here think Lotus might revive the Esprit with Type 135? 2026 will be Esprit’s 50th anniversary.

Anyway, looking forward to learning more and sharing knowledge with the community, as I continue my journey into Lotus world. I know some of you are Lotus veterans and own other Lotus cars, and have been waiting for your Emiras a lot longer than I have. I do hope CARB certification is completed as soon as next week so that you can finally enjoy your cars. I was told my Emira is slated to be built in April for a summer 2024 delivery (it’s sad that I have to specify the year, haha). In the meantime, I’ll be living vicariously through forum members while I patiently wait to receive my car, soon™.
Congrats - can anyone clarify what the whole issue is with the double negative?

Doesn’t having privacy glass delete checked mean NO privacy glass?

OP
Liquid Hot Magma

Liquid Hot Magma

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You are correct. Having it checked means no privacy glass. I think part of the problem is with Lotus’s inconsistency with how they handle this option on their public website and in their internal communications (dealer order submission website), and maybe on the factory floor, too. On the web configurator, it’s a check mark in a box. But on the dealer’s submission form to Lotus HQ, it’s “yes” or “no” (at least that’s how it appears on my paperwork). And, I guess depending on how carefully a dealer reads “privacy glass delete” (and whether they’ve had their morning coffee yet), they may incorrectly type/select “no” for a client who doesn’t want privacy glass. Another problem is that there is a human translating customers’ web configurator specs onto an order form. This introduces the possibility for human error. Lotus should really find a way to have software populate an order form, using a customer’s configuration code.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You are correct. Having it checked means no privacy glass. I think part of the problem is with Lotus’s inconsistency with how they handle this option on their public website and in their internal communications (dealer order submission website), and maybe on the factory floor, too. On the web configurator, it’s a check mark in a box. But on the dealer’s submission form to Lotus HQ, it’s “yes” or “no” (at least that’s how it appears on my paperwork). And, I guess depending on how carefully a dealer reads “privacy glass delete” (and whether they’ve had their morning coffee yet), they may incorrectly type/select “no” for a client who doesn’t want privacy glass. Another problem is that there is a human translating customers’ web configurator specs onto an order form. This introduces the possibility for human error. Lotus should really find a way to have software populate an order form, using a customer’s configuration code.
Can’t find my order submission sheet at the moment but I believe it says privacy glass delete and “yes” on the sheet. Double checked it a few weeks ago when it came up.

I also agree 100% the side is better without it and top line looks better one shade matching the roof - personal preference. But I also like the idea of the supercharger on display as a last ICE car. You can always tint the rear later if you want.

I have a feeling it’s put on the website and configurator that way is because the privacy glass will be a cost option that’s included with the FE. So you’re removing the included feature similar to homelink if you deleted that as well.

Did your dealer let you know what build month you are? I’m curious if they’ve changed these since the delayed the autos - presuming the 17% of slots that were auto must have opened up for V6 productions.

OP
Liquid Hot Magma

Liquid Hot Magma

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I had my dealer correct it from “no” to “yes”. I’m grateful that I had a heads up from this forum, since quite a few others seemed to run into this problem.

I was told build month is April, but I’m obviously not holding him to it. I’m well aware of past delays.