Hello from Sydney, Australia

JCOz

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi Everyone

I'm Jon from Sydney, Australia.

I chanced upon this website researching Emiras since taking delivery of my V6-FE, Dark Verdant, manual, sports tune with PS2's.

Mine was delivered in early Feb 2023 by SSC in Sydney.

I had the dealer perform a post-run-in service this week (Monday) prior to attending a track night this week (Tuesday).

The car handled 5 sessions of between 5 - 6 laps per session with no issues.

A few common issues:

* No DAB,
* No navigation,
* slight paint bubbling on top of the drivers' door,
* Drivers side seatbelt anchor cover missing,
* one part of the engine cover is missing.

Luckily Apple Carplay seems to work well and the KEF systems sounds great with Hi-Res sound like Tidal.

Simply Sports Cars (SSC - Dealer) has been super helpful in assisting with issues.

BarryH

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome, it was probably your car that I posted to the DV thread back when SSC had their last open day :)

This is the second reference to No DAB or Navigation for a car delivered in Australia, and frankly has me worried for mine when it gets delivered. The lack of GPS and other UX functions (especially as documented) is a fault along with physical mechanical issues and would result in rejection of the car until sorted.
Hopefully this is a simple glitch (bug) rather than a formal decision to turn these off for Australia, given the possibility of the later has never been raised by Lotus Australia (and passing the buck to Android Auto or CarPlay for Navigation is not a viable option for me).

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Welcome, it was probably your car that I posted to the DV thread back when SSC had their last open day :)

This is the second reference to No DAB or Navigation for a car delivered in Australia, and frankly has me worried for mine when it gets delivered. The lack of GPS and other UX functions (especially as documented) is a fault along with physical mechanical issues and would result in rejection of the car until sorted.
Hopefully this is a simple glitch (bug) rather than a formal decision to turn these off for Australia, given the possibility of the later has never been raised by Lotus Australia (and passing the buck to Android Auto or CarPlay for Navigation is not a viable option for me).

The lack of DAB or maps in Australia is annoying, especially because they were clearly listed as features of the car— and the cheapest KIA or MG has these as standard these days. I also don't think it's right that new owners only discover this issue when they go to pick up their Emira. I use Waze, so the lack of maps is more of a matter of principle. But not having DAB pisses me off, because I listen to the radio quite often.

My understanding is that Lotus Australia/Simply Sports has been as surprised as its customers to receive cars without these basic features enabled. They are still trying to work out why this was done at the factory.

The only other Aussie-specific issue I'm aware of is the way that streaming cuts out for 2 seconds when you go past a toll sensor. Must be something to do with the radio frequency we use in this country.

Last edited:

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
* slight paint bubbling on top of the drivers' door,
Hi Jon, sorry to hear about the paint. Am curious, do you have PPF and if so can you easily spot the bubbling through it?

I rushed off to get PPF on my car, but then it occurred to me that it could conceal this issue "until it's too late".

OP
JCOz

JCOz

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The lack of DAB or maps in Australia is annoying, especially because they were clearly listed as features of the car— and the cheapest KIA or MG has these as standard these days. I also don't think it's right that new owners only discover this issue when they go to pick up their Emira. I use Waze, so the lack of maps is more of a matter of principle. But not having DAB pisses me off, because I listen to the radio quite often.

My understanding is that Lotus Australia/Simply Sports has been as surprised as its customers to receive cars without these basic features enabled. They are still trying to work out why this was done at the factory.

The only other Aussie-specific issue I'm aware of is the way that streaming cuts out for 2 seconds when you go past a toll sensor. Must be something to do with the radio frequency we use in this country.
My understanding from SSC is that they are expecting numerous updates to resolve these issues. Fingers crossed!

OP
JCOz

JCOz

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi Jon, sorry to hear about the paint. Am curious, do you have PPF and if so can you easily spot the bubbling through it?

I rushed off to get PPF on my car, but then it occurred to me that it could conceal this issue "until it's too late".
Yes, Full PPF, supplied by the seller dealer.

OP
JCOz

JCOz

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

The PPF made the bubbling more obvious so don't be put off PPF'ing. Given how low and wide the car is I think PPF is necessary.

OP
JCOz

JCOz

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Agreed and I can confirm the issue with toll gates.

OP
JCOz

JCOz

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Hopefully a software fix is on the way.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There's a few posts somewhere on the forum for refreshing the DAB. You do it from the infotainment screen. Pulling down on the image causes it to refresh, similar to the way you refresh a page on a cellular phone.

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Nick, so far to my knowledge it’s only happened to earlier cars. But Lotus have acknowledged it and will fix it. Waiting for parts and getting the paint is the main issue.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
There's a few posts somewhere on the forum for refreshing the DAB. You do it from the infotainment screen. Pulling down on the image causes it to refresh, similar to the way you refresh a page on a cellular phone.
Not the situation here, unfortunately. DAB is literally not enabled on our cars for some bizzare and unexplained reason.