• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Hello from sunny Fort Lauderdale

StreetSpirit

Reaction score
Hi all, I am Andrew, proud to call Fort Lauderdale my home.

I'm excited to be here and happy to finally have a car to become excited about! :p Lotus has more than nailed the package on the Emira.
My spec: Hethel yellow, black pack, v6 manual, black rims, yellow calipers, yellow stitch alcantara interior.

I've always loved a good manual (even in traffic) and also have a good history of racing from my late teens / early twenties.
I was beginning to get sad by the direction of the market and thought I wouldn't see any new good shifter with a decent engine anymore.
The emira does feel like the last hurrah! of ICE shifters.

That being said, I'm looking forward to becoming part of this community and sharing a passion for all things driving with you all.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I'm excited to be here and happy to finally have a car to become excited about! :p Lotus has more than nailed the package on the Emira.
My spec: Hethel yellow, black pack, v6 manual, black rims, yellow calipers, yellow stitch alcantara interior.

I've always loved a good manual (even in traffic) and also have a good history of racing from my late teens / early twenties.
I was beginning to get sad by the direction of the market and thought I wouldn't see any new good shifter with a decent engine anymore.

That being said, I'm looking forward to becoming part of this community and sharing a passion for all things driving with you all.
Welcome. Sounds like a great spec!

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Sport or Touring???

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I'm with you, it's not a "real" sports car if you don't have to shift!! Plus here in So. Cal. today a manual transmission is also an anti-theft device because none of these kids know how to row gears...:)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

It would seem as if you are easily excited and proud....Ft Ldale makes you proud? Ive been there and I am far from proud, but instead embarrassed to say it....
okay, thats the UK sarcasms and black lack of humour out of the way, its a very nice place actually, full of nice long sandy beaches and less "miami" than Miami. I imagine there are some nice roads too, just low speed limits, but I guess you know how to get around that in places and seems as if you may be tracking anyway.
Yellow Emira in the Fl sun will be fantastic...