• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Greetings

dzernski

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
From North East London/Essex. Long time lurker who initially came here when there was a complete dearth of information about the delays/lack of communications from customer service. I finally signed up on sunday as I thought people might be interested in the spotting of an Emira in the wild which had the added bonus of lifting my spirits a bit.
My brief story is that I placed an order around 7th August '21 after being hacked off about a potential 15 month waiting time for a C8 corvette. In an ironic twist, last week I finally placed that order for delivery potentially tail end of '24, by which time I'd hope to have enough miles under my belt with the Emira to determine which to keep.
Current spec is V6 manual, Dark Verdant upper black pack and that's about it....but I waver on the colour on a daily basis as most of them look good (albeit a lot woudl look better with a black/silver badge)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Welcome
I'm looking fwd to the Emira/Vette comparisons.
Similar but also so very different. Be interesting

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
From North East London/Essex. Long time lurker who initially came here when there was a complete dearth of information about the delays/lack of communications from customer service. I finally signed up on sunday as I thought people might be interested in the spotting of an Emira in the wild which had the added bonus of lifting my spirits a bit.
My brief story is that I placed an order around 7th August '21 after being hacked off about a potential 15 month waiting time for a C8 corvette. In an ironic twist, last week I finally placed that order for delivery potentially tail end of '24, by which time I'd hope to have enough miles under my belt with the Emira to determine which to keep.
Current spec is V6 manual, Dark Verdant upper black pack and that's about it....but I waver on the colour on a daily basis as most of them look good (albeit a lot woudl look better with a black/silver badge)
I put down a deposit for the C8 Z06 the day after it was unveiled and they told me it would be around 4 years until I get it. 🤪

OP
dzernski

dzernski

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I put down a deposit for the C8 Z06 the day after it was unveiled and they told me it would be around 4 years until I get it. 🤪
I attended a (necessarily so) virtual launch of the car when they explicitly denied that they'd be doing a Z06 style performance variant. We all knew that was rubbish and just said so that punters would buy the first edition. Still should've but the money down then, but I never learn.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome and appreciated your "in the wild" dynamic shots of the Emira.

I wonder how many UK pre-orders they've taken on the C8? They're about as niche a brand in the UK as Lotus are in the US. Is there a Corvette forum with people picking over the smallest details while they wait for more news? :)

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does the Corvette even come in RHD, or are they still pissy about that whole "taxation without representation" thing? ;)

PS: also, welcome! 🤦‍♂️

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Does the Corvette even come in RHD, or are they still pissy about that whole "taxation without representation" thing? ;)

Hadn't seen any for sale in UK before

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the party!

OP
dzernski

dzernski

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Yup, if you're prepared to wait a loooooong time. I've sat in the dealer RHD convertible and seen actual customer RHD cars both awaiting delivery and being serviced. It's the first time they've done it but I'm used to LHD as I've been driving a 5th gen Camaro for the last six years which is serviced at the same place. When I first got it, the camaro felt wide. These days it feels a lot smaller than most SUVs/midsize cars. I believe the footprint is comparable to the Emira which means I know it'll fit in my garage....

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've had a deposit for two years already for a Z06 at one of the largest Corvette dealers in the US and was most likely expecting a '23 model year. Now with the constraints of no more orders until Jan, mine will be 2024 and thus a 4year wait from a very early depositor. The 2yr wait for Emira is easy peasy :)

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I've had a deposit for two years already for a Z06 at one of the largest Corvette dealers in the US and was most likely expecting a '23 model year. Now with the constraints of no more orders until Jan, mine will be 2024 and thus a 4year wait from a very early depositor. The 2yr wait for Emira is easy peasy :)
Fair comment, but now your giving me nightmares 😂

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Fair comment, but now your giving me nightmares 😂
Just move to deep sleep and get out of REM ... nightmares will be gone :) Note this is also for MSRP so someone could get one way earlier paying the ADM. With my Emira delivery in the spring, can't wait for the deliveries across the pond so I have content to hold me over for the next 6 months.

Reactions: DJS