Further Delays

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The timing was as much about 2022 vs 2023 compliance plates as anything else. The last I heard from Lotus Australia is that there was one customer who more or less insisted that he get his car before the Xmas break even if it meant a 2022 compliance plate. The rest, plated as 2023, are being delivered starting from tomorrow.
Who cares if it’s at 2023 compliance plate. It’s still a 22 build car. So the car when resold will be a 2022 model vs 2023.

Also no autos to be seen in Aus till June/July. That’s 2 years from initial reveal.

kbhoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Who cares if it’s at 2023 compliance plate. It’s still a 22 build car. So the car when resold will be a 2022 model vs 2023.

Also no autos to be seen in Aus till June/July. That’s 2 years from initial reveal.
My order placed early July 2021 for May/June22 delivery. Last comms from Lotus Oz indicated V6 Autos to be built Q2 23. I am not sure if it is a stock standard trans as fitted in my Exige 350 or the ratios have changed. Have any UK customers been given dates for the Auto trans yet?
The upside is that some of the production bugs will be ironed out by then.

Flashback

Reaction score
My deposit was 17th July 2021. My spec is a V6 Manual in Shadow grey with red interior.
Interesting you were given Jan production, Feb delivery with that deposit date.

My deposit was a week earlier and the info I had from Lotus (unsolicited email, 24th Nov) was Feb production, Mar delivery.

I fully expect that to have slipped further now, of course...

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My order placed early July 2021 for May/June22 delivery. Last comms from Lotus Oz indicated V6 Autos to be built Q2 23. I am not sure if it is a stock standard trans as fitted in my Exige 350 or the ratios have changed. Have any UK customers been given dates for the Auto trans yet?
The upside is that some of the production bugs will be ironed out by then.
The earliest V6 auto dates I have seen are March build April delivery not sure if anyone has seen earlier?

My own car latest update is April build May delivery, I really don't hold much hope with the latest delays on the manual cars but let's see, at some point in 2023 Lotus will get their shit sorted.

Last edited:

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The earliest V6 auto dates I have seen are March build April delivery not sure if anyone has seen earlier?

My own car latest update is April build May delivery, I really don't hold much hope with the latest delays on the manual cars but let's see, at some time in 2023 Lotus will get their shit sorted.
some members here have been told Feb build for their Auto

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I sound like a broken record but i might actually be one of the very first auto deposits early may 2021 i have been given Feb Build March delivery. I would rather have it in May once the salt has washed away but I have no confidence at all in these dates and i can see either another wintery delivery date promise this year or worse still the auto will never appear......

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I sound like a broken record but i might actually be one of the very first auto deposits early may 2021 i have been given Feb Build March delivery. I would rather have it in May once the salt has washed away but I have no confidence at all in these dates and i can see either another wintery delivery date promise this year or worse still the auto will never appear......
@Toomanyloti did you receive the enhance and protect email yet ?, or check out

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Nope 'bugger all'......
Not good, that was my fear

Usually the enhance and protect email is getting sent a month before the checkout one. Unless that comes within a week or so, I don’t see much chance of a delivery in March. I hope I am wrong

My auto is down as March build, so all eyes will be on you buddy as one of the first to keep us updated

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The timing was as much about 2022 vs 2023 compliance plates as anything else. The last I heard from Lotus Australia is that there was one customer who more or less insisted that he get his car before the Xmas break even if it meant a 2022 compliance plate. The rest, plated as 2023, are being delivered starting from tomorrow.
About 10-15 Emiras landed in Oz about a day before Christmas shutdown, so that didn't give dealers enough time to detail, add aftermarket options like PPF, tint and deliver them to customers. Therefore they will be prepared next week and delivered to customers around mid January.

Interesting, thanks.
I tend not to be the kind of person who whines constantly and threatens to cancel (no way I’d cancel, almost no matter what) because at the end of the day it’s just a car and there are plenty of other things to keep me amused, BUT

I have to say (like so many others) that the communication from Lotus has been absolutely woeful. It is, in effect, non existent.
And I find that baffling.
Is it really that hard to send an email every now and again (and I don’t mean a generic one parroting some press release waffle) to your actual customers saying

”Hi Steve, just keeping you up to date on the latest with your car…”

Initially I was told August / September delivery, then it got pushed to November, and I haven’t had any update at all for ages.

It‘s like I don’t exist.

Come on Lotus. Get you damn act together in terms of customer service and communication!

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting, thanks.
I tend not to be the kind of person who whines constantly and threatens to cancel (no way I’d cancel, almost no matter what) because at the end of the day it’s just a car and there are plenty of other things to keep me amused, BUT

I have to say (like so many others) that the communication from Lotus has been absolutely woeful. It is, in effect, non existent.
And I find that baffling.
Is it really that hard to send an email every now and again (and I don’t mean a generic one parroting some press release waffle) to your actual customers saying

”Hi Steve, just keeping you up to date on the latest with your car…”

Initially I was told August / September delivery, then it got pushed to November, and I haven’t had any update at all for ages.

It‘s like I don’t exist.

Come on Lotus. Get you damn act together in terms of customer service and communication!
Same here, it will come when it’s ready , my deposit was in May 21 , but with dealer , so bit of a faff paying it to Lotus and getting a. Refund from the dealer. Hopefully Mar del for my auto , as long as I can go to FOS in it I will be happy 😃

Reaction score
My auto order was 2 months earlier than yours on 11th March 2021 and last date I was given is March build.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Usually the enhance and protect email is getting sent a month before the checkout one. Unless that comes within a week or so, I don’t see much chance of a delivery in March. I hope I am wrong

My auto is down as March build, so all eyes will be on you buddy as one of the first to keep us updated
It looks like all the first autos are down for feb/march build and of course deposit date doesn't seem to mean much anyway.
I will of course keep all up to date with every step. I'm off for a test drive in the manual this Tuesday so i'll report back on that when I get chance.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My auto order was 2 months earlier than yours on 11th March 2021 and last date I was given is March build.
where did you place the deposit initially?

Reaction score
where did you place the deposit initially?
Lotus Hamilton. Tried to put deposit down in 2020 but they eventually accepted a deposit of £1k in March 2021. Followed up with deposit with Lotus at FOS which was to be tied back to original March dealer deposit.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

It's been a month since my E&P email.... I'm not holding my breath 🙄

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Usually the enhance and protect email is getting sent a month before the checkout one.
My enhance and protect email arrived on 21st October. My checkout email arrived on 22nd December. So don't think timescales between emails can be relied on just like anything else at Lotus. I completed checkout on 29th December and then got an Identity Check process email on 30th December which I completed immediately. After completing checkout it said 30 days - somehow I doubt that!!