Further Delays

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
US Buyer here with a Jan build and Mar Deliver...this is after all the other delays......Its now almost 5pm EST on January 31st AND NO COMMUNICATION FROM LOTUS OR THE DEALERSHIP.

BUYER BEWARE, THIS IS THE TYPE OF COMPANY YOU ARE BUYING INTO. I AM SO SICK OF THIS BEING TREATED LIKE A POS BY LOTUS.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
US Buyer here with a Jan build and Mar Deliver...this is after all the other delays......Its now almost 5pm EST on January 31st AND NO COMMUNICATION FROM LOTUS OR THE DEALERSHIP.

BUYER BEWARE, THIS IS THE TYPE OF COMPANY YOU ARE BUYING INTO. I AM SO SICK OF THIS BEING TREATED LIKE A POS BY LOTUS.
Good grief man, if this is how you feel, cancel and get out. It's a car. It's not worth that kind of stress if that's what this process is doing to you. Go buy something else that doesn't cause you to feel like this.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Good grief man, if this is how you feel, cancel and get out. It's a car. It's not worth that kind of stress if that's what this process is doing to you. Go buy something else that doesn't cause you to feel like this.
Duly noted!

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
i posted in the V6 auto thread but just in case anyone missed it i got an update email today.
Mine has gone back a month (since Nov email) from Feb to March.
It seems they are doing a run of Autos in March. I dont remember anyone say they have an auto build before March

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
i posted in the V6 auto thread but just in case anyone missed it i got an update email today.
Mine has gone back a month (since Nov email) from Feb to March.
It seems they are doing a run of Autos in March. I dont remember anyone say they have an auto build before March
I am supposedly Feb build Auto V6 for Spain. That's what my dealer told me 2 weeks ago after supposedly confirmation from HQ. and as I remember at least one or two more from UK in this forum

Max

Reaction score
Guys, just like owning a stock, don't look at it every day or you'll drive yourself crazy. I'm sure things will work out in good time, and a regular stream of units will be produced. Doesn't excuse this current situation, and I can appreciate the frustration, but don't log on every two hours.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Guys, just like owning a stock, don't look at it every day or you'll drive yourself crazy. I'm sure things will work out in good time, and a regular stream of units will be produced. Doesn't excuse this current situation, and I can appreciate the frustration, but don't log on every two hours.
I agree. And expecting a communication from Lotus US or a dealership every time something DOESN’T happen is a recipe for frustration. I believe we will get a communication when they know something from the factory. There are 700 of us in the same boat.

RO62GER

Reaction score
Shock! Horror! Suprise!

Received my 'update' email and given the last email said my car was "confirmed" for June production and the new email says its "confirmed" for July production I can only presume Lotus don't know what confirmed actually means.
My email says they confirm April build, no doubt hoping I'd forgottten that their last email confirmed a March build. Oh well, I've got this far, may as well hang on and extra month.

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Had confirmation of build for V6 Manual as April this year (as before, deposit 26th July 2021) just had a further email today for i4 first quarter of 2024....will have some time to decide which is the "keeper"!

Its like waiting for a bus......nothing for months then 2 emails in 2 days!!

Last edited:

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hello all, a quick note to the group to let you know that having spoken to Lotus CC today (5th Jan) and they advised of some further delays.

Like many of you I have been awaiting delivery of my car for some months now. Originally it was going to be Oct build with Nov Delivery, then it moved to Nov build with Dec delivery and then to Jan build with Feb Delivery which was the position up until today.

Further delay in production now means my vehicle will go into build in March with an anticipated delivery in April this year.

I did query the lack of communication on this matter and was told that they were working on this now and that I could expect to receive an email in due course.

Also, I was due to be test driving an Emira tomorrow at Parks of Hamilton but was contacted by the dealership last week to advise that the their test vehicle had broken down, an issue with the AC which prevented them from using the car. I am awaiting a call back to reschedule my test drive Once they have had the vehicle repaired.

Thought this might be of interest.
I'm a UK buyer still waiting for my Emira delivery. Just been bumped to March, it was supposed to be this month. Fingers crossed Lotus stick to it this time, it must be the 3rd or 4th time my scheduled production date has been moved at the last minute with no explanation or apology from LCC. So infuriating!! Anyway I was just wondering what On-the-road Costs are being charged to collect directly from Lotus Hethel versus delivery to a UK lotus dealer or home address - does anyone know? Currently delivery plus the cost of plates, a full tank of fuel, pre-delivery inspection and valet costs £1,100.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm a UK buyer still waiting for my Emira delivery. Just been bumped to March, it was supposed to be this month. Fingers crossed Lotus stick to it this time, it must be the 3rd or 4th time my scheduled production date has been moved at the last minute with no explanation or apology from LCC. So infuriating!! Anyway I was just wondering what On-the-road Costs are being charged to collect directly from Lotus Hethel versus delivery to a UK lotus dealer or home address - does anyone know? Currently delivery plus the cost of plates, a full tank of fuel, pre-delivery inspection and valet costs £1,100.
An additional £199 to collect from Hethel which includes factory tour etc

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
An additional £199 to collect from Hethel which includes factory tour etc
Sorry £199 on top of the £1,100? Are they serious! How much do they think a quick factory tour costs nowadays??!! By my reckoning, new number plates cost £20 each, a full tank of fuel maybe £80, and as for pre-delivery inspection and valet I would expect this anyway for a brand new car!

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sorry £199 on top of the £1,100? Are they serious! How much do they think a quick factory tour costs nowadays??!! By my reckoning, new number plates cost £20 each, a full tank of fuel maybe £80, and as for pre-delivery inspection and valet I would expect this anyway for a brand new car!
Yep, the £1100 is payable whether you collect from factory, have it delivered to dealer or delivered to your home, this has been discussed and queried many times on the forum in the past and we all agree, but that is what it is - I know, I have paid it and am collecting mine from Hethel on Monday...

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yep, the £1100 is payable whether you collect from factory, have it delivered to dealer or delivered to your home, this has been discussed and queried many times on the forum in the past and we all agree, but that is what it is - I know, I have paid it and am collecting mine from Hethel on Monday...
Thanks. Well have a great time, and make sure you drag the day out for as long as you can and drink in all the hospitality you can :) When it comes to collecting mine I'll be pushing them to discount the OTRC for all the delays & poor customer care and communication throughout. You should try it too!