Further Delays

Bobster67

Reaction score
Hello all, a quick note to the group to let you know that having spoken to Lotus CC today (5th Jan) and they advised of some further delays.

Like many of you I have been awaiting delivery of my car for some months now. Originally it was going to be Oct build with Nov Delivery, then it moved to Nov build with Dec delivery and then to Jan build with Feb Delivery which was the position up until today.

Further delay in production now means my vehicle will go into build in March with an anticipated delivery in April this year.

I did query the lack of communication on this matter and was told that they were working on this now and that I could expect to receive an email in due course.

Also, I was due to be test driving an Emira tomorrow at Parks of Hamilton but was contacted by the dealership last week to advise that the their test vehicle had broken down, an issue with the AC which prevented them from using the car. I am awaiting a call back to reschedule my test drive Once they have had the vehicle repaired.

Thought this might be of interest.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for the update - so that others can gauge likely impact, when did you place your original deposit and what spec did you choose please (and is it an auto gearbox)?

Upside - you'll probably get a 23 plate as opposed to a 72 now.....

Exige2000

Reaction score
Hello all, a quick note to the group to let you know that having spoken to Lotus CC today (5th Jan) and they advised of some further delays.

Like many of you I have been awaiting delivery of my car for some months now. Originally it was going to be Oct build with Nov Delivery, then it moved to Nov build with Dec delivery and then to Jan build with Feb Delivery which was the position up until today.

Further delay in production now means my vehicle will go into build in March with an anticipated delivery in April this year.

I did query the lack of communication on this matter and was told that they were working on this now and that I could expect to receive an email in due course.

Also, I was due to be test driving an Emira tomorrow at Parks of Hamilton but was contacted by the dealership last week to advise that the their test vehicle had broken down, an issue with the AC which prevented them from using the car. I am awaiting a call back to reschedule my test drive Once they have had the vehicle repaired.

I called CC yesterday and was told to expect a check out email this month ! not sure if that will happen after hearing what you have said !!!!

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I wonder what this means for my vehicle due to be delivered this month as I did checkout last month??

Still heard nothing.

If its a delay of 3 months,I'm done.

OP
B

Bobster67

Reaction score
Thanks for the update - so that others can gauge likely impact, when did you place your original deposit and what spec did you choose please (and is it an auto gearbox)?

Upside - you'll probably get a 23 plate as opposed to a 72 now.....
My deposit was 17th July 2021. My spec is a V6 Manual in Shadow grey with red interior.

Wake

Reaction score
That’s a relatively late(ish) deposit then really, a full week after the Lotus reveal and Goodwood will mean that there is probably at least a few hundred depositors between first day of Goodwood and when you placed yours.

So anyone (myself included) that placed a deposit on 8/9/10/11th July might not have as great of a delay. I guess there is still failings in Lotus ability to “ramp up” production.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That’s a relatively late(ish) deposit then really, a full week after the Lotus reveal and Goodwood will mean that there is probably at least a few hundred depositors between first day of Goodwood and when you placed yours.

So anyone (myself included) that placed a deposit on 8/9/10/11th July might not have as great of a delay. I guess there is still failings in Lotus ability to “ramp up” production.
And lockdowns in China supplying the parts

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And lockdowns in China supplying the parts
There are no lockdowns here in China. Companies might be effected by sick employees but there are no lockdowns. Many/most cities have already seen the majority of people having already caught Covid and many of them are pretty much recovered and back to work. Pretty much everyone I know in China caught Covid in the last month (including me, all my family and all employees).

Expect China to be affected by Covid in the near term, but I fully expect things to have stabilised by mid Feb after the Chinese New Year holiday.

Griggsy

Reaction score
My deposit was 17th July 2021. My spec is a V6 Manual in Shadow grey with red interior.
That doesn't sound good, although not surprised. My deposit was 5 days earlier than yours with a Feb build,. Hopefully I'll now take delivery before the second year anniversary of my deposit date!!!

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I totally understand the issues, but it would be nice for Lotus to keep me informed , rather than me having to chase them for info. My deposit was May 21 , well before we even knew what it was going to be named and look like. Last info was Feb build Mar del, which would be ideal. Might have to ring them again !

I'm in the UK

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Not looking good for the US FE order holders...

Unless they are delaying the UK builds to make room for the US FE orders...

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not looking good for the US FE order holders...

Unless they are delaying the UK builds to make room for the US FE orders...
That’s exactly what seems to be happening, same as last year when all the cars went to China and also cars to Oz.

They cannot supply to all markets - but I am guessing here, the North American market is too huge to ignore, so something has to give, and I guess it could be the UK customers. We will see!

M100man

Reaction score

I called customer service this morning and was told I’m still January build for February delivery.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They are still working some things through. I am May 21 deposit and November build, December delivery. However my car appears to be stuck at PDI and as of yesterday LCC were not able to give me any indication of delivery.
Still, it comes when it comes.

Andy

Reaction score
I was told the same yesterday that mine was still Feb production Mar delivery, but at the end of the call they mentioned that late December they had to delay some January cars by a month and that i was to expect a month delay and they will communicate this in a couple of weeks

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I called customer service this morning and was told I’m still January build for February delivery.
I called today and customer service indicated the same to me initially. When I delved deeper she went on to indicate that there were probably more delays but didn't know if it would effect me!. Finally said that they would let me know in the next few weeks whether I was February delivery or if there would be a further delay...............
I actually replied to the customer service feedback text saying that I felt sorry for the agents on the phone as they had no information to base any sort of sensible reply to customer queries!

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I called today and customer service indicated the same to me initially. When I delved deeper she went on to indicate that there were probably more delays but didn't know if it would effect me!. Finally said that they would let me know in the next few weeks whether I was February delivery or if there would be a further delay...............
I actually replied to the customer service feedback text saying that I felt sorry for the agents on the phone as they had no information to base any sort of sensible reply to customer queries!
Well, by my rudimentary calculations February starts in less than a few weeks! It really is unbelievable how they lurch from one delay to another with no thought about their customers and how customers may be impacted by rolling delays. I don't hold out much hope for my V6 auto anytime soon. No doubt I will be writing about Type Approval delays again as we get nearer to the supposed March build dates for these cars. I know groundhog day is a thing, but what about groundhog year?

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well, by my rudimentary calculations February starts in less than a few weeks! It really is unbelievable how they lurch from one delay to another with no thought about their customers and how customers may be impacted by rolling delays. I don't hold out much hope for my V6 auto anytime soon. No doubt I will be writing about Type Approval delays again as we get nearer to the supposed March build dates for these cars. I know groundhog day is a thing, but what about groundhog year?
I spoke to CS today, they said my car was still feb build and mar del , its an Auto. I was told I was in the first batch of Autos . Lets hope this is correct and I see my car then as I need to book PPF , and holidays around getting the car.