Further Delays

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I spoke to CS today, they said my car was still feb build and mar del , its an Auto. I was told I was in the first batch of Autos . Lets hope this is correct and I see my car then as I need to book PPF , and holidays around getting the car.
Fingers crossed 🤞

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There are no lockdowns here in China. Companies might be effected by sick employees but there are no lockdowns. Many/most cities have already seen the majority of people having already caught Covid and many of them are pretty much recovered and back to work. Pretty much everyone I know in China caught Covid in the last month (including me, all my family and all employees).

Expect China to be affected by Covid in the near term, but I fully expect things to have stabilised by mid Feb after the Chinese New Year holiday.
Appreciate the first-hand info. Lunar new year holiday starts Jan 21 I think? Any idea how long it takes to ship from China to UK? I’m just trying to work backwards and figure out when parts will start showing up at Hethel. My gut tells me the line will be up to full speed around late April.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I spoke to CS today, they said my car was still feb build and mar del , its an Auto. I was told I was in the first batch of Autos . Let’s hope this is correct and I see my car then as I need to book PPF , and holidays around getting the car.
Did you receive the enhance and protect email yet ?, If so when ?

Let us know when you get your checkout email. You would be one of the first Auto deliveries

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I would just like to say, as I have elsewhere, the delivery company Lotus used told the dealer today that they are booked for an average of 5/6 cars per day for the next several weeks...
make of that what you will, but while some maybe delayed, it would seem others certainly are not.....
5 a day, 20 days a month, still only 100 a month, so not exactly at capacity..... but its a step up towards it I guess

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I would just like to say, as I have elsewhere, the delivery company Lotus used told the dealer today that they are booked for an average of 5/6 cars per day for the next several weeks...
make of that what you will, but while some maybe delayed, it would seem others certainly are not.....
5 a day, 20 days a month, still only 100 a month, so not exactly at capacity..... but its a step up towards it I guess

And if we imagine that some number of people are doing factory pickup...

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
good point..... and if we add EU deliveries on top..... not heard much EU wise lately on the forum, maybe we need a new EU deliveries thread, but I dont think there is a high % of EU people on here.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am down for factory pick up but was told earlier in the week that my car goes to Oxford for its PDI and is then transported back to the factory. So it will have gone past my house twice before I actually pick it up from the factory. It looks like it’s the transport company who ultimately determine the pick up dates that are offered, not Lotus.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
90 UK cars handed over to customers so far, including 14 collected from Hethel. 15 cars per day being built in Jan but only 5-6 per day being delivered to UK customers and I reckon only another 1-2 for Hethel collection. UK customers with Dec and Jan builds being told their cars are delayed a month. Where are the other 7-9 going? I’m guessing the US cars are being built, maybe some EU ones.

If anyone is doing a factory tour or collection next week it would be interesting to look how many are LHD and how many of those are US spec (orange reflectors on the edge of the headlights is the most visible part).

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well… it's Schroedinger's Emira - until we peek into the Lotus factory, the US spec cars are in production and not in production at the same time.
Therefore, "at the same time" is the new wording for "soon"

Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Wonder what happened here...

Screenshot_20230107-060031.jpg

KusaKusa

Reaction score

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
It's one of the Euro Spec test drive cars touring the USA:

Correct. Prestige Imports is a big exotic dealer in Miami and has been marketing that same red Emira the past couple weeks.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus owes us some awnsers. Come on man!! Something, anything. Sheeeeeesh.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Appreciate the first-hand info. Lunar new year holiday starts Jan 21 I think? Any idea how long it takes to ship from China to UK? I’m just trying to work backwards and figure out when parts will start showing up at Hethel. My gut tells me the line will be up to full speed around late April.
Most would have started the CNY holidays several days before 21. Holidays will be roughly mid Jan to late Jan for most, dragging on into early Feb for some. CNY is always a big disruption every year (that’s without Covid running rampant). Countryside places are often where the older generations live, and Covid probably hasn’t peaked in those areas yet. Unfortunately it could get quite messy this CNY….

Not saying Covid isn’t having an impact now, it is and has done for the last Month since regulations were rolled back. Hopefully things get back close to normal by mid Feb or soon after.

Transit time might be 4 to 6 weeks typically to Europe/UK.

Fingers crossed things start ramping up in Hethel in the near future. It really needs to.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
90 UK cars handed over to customers so far, including 14 collected from Hethel. 15 cars per day being built in Jan but only 5-6 per day being delivered to UK customers and I reckon only another 1-2 for Hethel collection. UK customers with Dec and Jan builds being told their cars are delayed a month. Where are the other 7-9 going? I’m guessing the US cars are being built, maybe some EU ones.

If anyone is doing a factory tour or collection next week it would be interesting to look how many are LHD and how many of those are US spec (orange reflectors on the edge of the headlights is the most visible part).
I was told Jan build back in Oct when they moved it from Nov, had the enhance email a month ago but been told nothing. Cs tell me they have nothing to say its being delayed.

Do I believe them? Well I'm still sat looking at alternatives on auto trader 😄

And it's not because I dint want the Emira, I think it's brilliant at it's price point and does exactly what it's supposed to.

I'm just not prepared to miss another summer of driving 😩

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That’s exactly what seems to be happening, same as last year when all the cars went to China and also cars to Oz.

They cannot supply to all markets - but I am guessing here, the North American market is too huge to ignore, so something has to give, and I guess it could be the UK customers. We will see!
Really? I wasn’t aware of any customer cars having been delivered here to Oz yet.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Really? I wasn’t aware of any customer cars having been delivered here to Oz yet.
About 10-15 Emiras landed in Oz about a day before Christmas shutdown, so that didn't give dealers enough time to detail, add aftermarket options like PPF, tint and deliver them to customers. Therefore they will be prepared next week and delivered to customers around mid January.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
About 10-15 Emiras landed in Oz about a day before Christmas shutdown, so that didn't give dealers enough time to detail, add aftermarket options like PPF, tint and deliver them to customers. Therefore they will be prepared next week and delivered to customers around mid January.
The timing was as much about 2022 vs 2023 compliance plates as anything else. The last I heard from Lotus Australia is that there was one customer who more or less insisted that he get his car before the Xmas break even if it meant a 2022 compliance plate. The rest, plated as 2023, are being delivered starting from tomorrow.