Full reviews incoming?

I've just seen this on twitter, new reviews incoming?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 2,499

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
A chap giving the factory tour said about 10-15% of lotus sales is to the UK. Statista puts the average at 21 cars a year sold in the UK from 2016-2019, or less that 2% of annual production.

If production is targeting 3500 cars a year for global production once rolling, then using the factory quoted 10%, that would mean 35 cars in the UK year one, 70 year two. There will never be 5000 of them on UK roads at that rate.
Id say that chap is not a good chap to listen to, but then again neither am I ;). Also things change, the car has been an unprecedented success, more so in the UK and US than anywhere, and worst off probably France... Im guessing... 30k tax on top of sales tax, so they will of course produce where there is demand and its NONE stop in the UK and thats before the 8/10 reviews coming next week

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I am waiting for TheSmokingTire review. That is because I am near mountains and it will be the primary use for the Emira. TheSmokingTire always drives those canyon roads and I can't wait to hear commentary on exactly how I will be driving the car. That's why I wonder if a manual will be a distraction for me. I like putting my hands at 9 & 3 and driving. When I go on drives my hands are at 9 & 3 70%. Piloting with a paddles is very relaxing to me. Imagine finding a car that you will take in almost any configuration. If you put all the specs on apples in a big bucket of water, I could literally just bob out my configuration. Of course it would still be DV.

Reactions: ADC

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I am waiting for TheSmokingTire review. That is because I am near mountains and it will be the primary use for the Emira. TheSmokingTire always drives those canyon roads and I can't wait to hear commentary on exactly how I will be driving the car. That's why I wonder if a manual will be a distraction for me. I like putting my hands at 9 & 3 and driving. When I go on drives my hands are at 9 & 3 70%. Piloting with a paddles is very relaxing to me. Imagine finding a car that you will take in almost any configuration. If you put all the specs on apples in a big bucket of water, I could literally just bob out my configuration. Of course it would still be DV.
I stopped watching his reviews when he did one on a couple of italian classic, alfas or lancias, and I saw he knew absolutely nothing about them, but nothing! I thought if he's not going to do his homework, then Im not going to give him my 15 mins..... and always in the same place, which is nice for you, but its also nice to spend a bit of money and change it up a bit...

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I stopped watching his reviews when he did one on a couple of italian classic, alfas or lancias, and I saw he knew absolutely nothing about them, but nothing! I thought if he's not going to do his homework, then Im not going to give him my 15 mins..... and always in the same place, which is nice for you, but its also nice to spend a bit of money and change it up a bit...

You are exactly right, he does no homework but I am curious as to how he will explain the handling and compare it to Evora and GT4.

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I cannot watch his videos; very boring, repetitive, lazy.
Well, it seems so different how one can appreciate what a „youtuber“ does. I really like his onetakes. He is not the average youtuber who praises all the cars he has the opportunity to get to drive.

He really has its own mind about certain things regarding how a car should drive and feel. And he is a big fan of the Evora, so I assume he will also like the Emira.

The first time I really could compare my feelings/emotions about a car and his was when he compared the Cayman R against the BMW 1M.

I also drove both cars and really thought the same about them. The 1M was a blast to drive where the Cayman R was a little underwhelming tbh. Especially the 3.4 flat engine (no torque in the middle but also no go in the higher rpm range) and long gearing was so evident that it became a show-stopper for me.

Since then I really appreciate his thoughts and feelings about a car. And that‘s also led me to think about an Evora/Emira. For years I have been following the market of the GT4 and I missed the dip in 2019 where I should have bought a 981 Cayman GT4.

Now, three years later I think Emira will drive very similar but with better gearing and and much better looks.

So, I‘m looking forward seeing reviews from Steve Sutcliffe, Dan Prosser (formerly PistonHeads), Matt Farah and the SavageGeese as well as Chris Harris and JayEmm. All of them may have different opinons but it finally will draw a picture of the car I will probably own.

And I‘m quite optimistic that all of the above mentioned will end up liking the Emira a lot.

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
T-4 days!!

This guy was hired to shoot the Emira VP proto. In his post he states "final shots coming soon!". Perhaps with all the colors that Lotus promised? Hoping they're not all in this dark environment. His other car photography is spectacular though.🤞

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
T-4 days!!

This guy was hired to shoot the Emira VP proto. In his post he states "final shots coming soon!". Perhaps with all the colors that Lotus promised? Hoping they're not all in this dark environment. His other car photography is spectacular though.🤞

Oh I like that.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
T-4 days!!

I sure hope he speaks to @Eagle7 first, our official Emira photographer and photoshop expert!

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
T-4 days!!

I’m hoping it’s only 2 days. I’m expecting Emira to be in episode 1 of Top Gear.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Do we know if any of the review cars are autos? I’ve only seen manuals so far

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Do we know if any of the review cars are autos? I’ve only seen manuals so far
I dont know, but I imagine not..... most of these reviewers crave manual cars as do most people who dont care too much about lap times, which is the only reason I can think why someone would go auto... but it takes 2 to have an agreement or disagreement :).

Weyland

Reaction score
It takes a long time to produce a TV episode by the time it's gone through post production & then been scheduled. I really hope Harris has something resembling a finished production car for Top Gear but is that likely?

Do you remember his GT3 review that was 6 months later than everyone else for the same reason?