Full reviews incoming?

I've just seen this on twitter, new reviews incoming?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 2,499

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
the easy solution:
Dont sit on them ;).
My confidence, if thats the right word, would be more in the parent company having got things right, with all due respect to Lotus, they have never made what I would call quality cars, great cars yes, but quality no and yes there are those on here who have not had issues, but one blue sheep doesnt mean all sheep are blue. Add to this up until now and even more so with the EV, they have made relatively simple cars. What can go wrong with an Elise? Not much, but how many times have I seen even the electric windows failing on cars 1-2 years old and the interior coming apart and how hard would it be to stop that happening?
So its really about getting quality providers and good quality control and Lotus have never done it, for cost saving, bad people or whatever the reason. However, I trust the parent company has turned that around and that all components are now of high quality, although the car is good value...so leaves me wondering a bit..... we will know in a year or two... or less

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I just noticed Top gear is on next Sunday on BBC 1 at 8pm does anyone know if this is new series ?

Will this be the Chris Harris Emira review?

Only description is about an RV road trip across the Florida Everglades.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I just noticed Top gear is on next Sunday on BBC 1 at 8pm does anyone know if this is new series ?

It is the new series with the Emira reviewed.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They haven’t said specifically which episode will cover the Emira. But with press embargo lifting for all the other reviewers on 7 June I’m guessing TG will feature it on 5 June. They got first review on VP007 (magazine and online) a day before others.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Yes, it is the new series - Sunday, 5th June, so I suspect the Emira should feature on 12th June due to the embargo that only lifts on the 7th.

Of course, the features would have been filmed already, so the outcome will already be known to those involved.

EDIT: I need to learn to type faster...:)

Last edited:

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yes, it is the new series - Sunday, 5th June, so I suspect the Emira should feature on 12th June due to the embargo that only lifts on the 7th.

Of course, the features would have been filmed already, so the outcome will already be known to those involved.
My money is on the 5th June as Top Gear had preferential access to the Emira prototype. I wonder why the Embargo is on the 7th which is a Tuesday and not the 6th which makes more sense being a Monday.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My money is on the 5th June as Top Gear had preferential access to the Emira prototype. I wonder why the Embargo is on the 7th which is a Tuesday and not the 6th which makes more sense being a Monday.
I really hope Top Gear have both the V6 and the i4 for comparisons! Given the leaked DV was an i4!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I assume to stop the other reviewers jumping the gun - they’ll be able to publish at midnight 6th into 7th.

I also suspect Lotus are going to announce they’ve started building first customer cars on Monday 6th.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Oh how I would love to see Jeremy Clarkson doing the review on the Emira…. But I’ll take what i can get - so just over a week away.

Reactions: DJS

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Oh how I would love to see Jeremy Clarkson doing the review on the Emira…. But I’ll take what i can get - so just over a week away.
You mean "Jeremy Clarkson in his prime", right? 😄

Weyland

Reaction score
The Chris Harris Top Gear review is the one i'm waiting for - due to how the programme is filmed and scheduled i'm just hoping we don't have to wait until much later in the year to see it :oops:

An embargo is an embargo, they can't show the review on the 5th.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Chris Harris Top Gear review is the one i'm waiting for - due to how the programme is filmed and scheduled i'm just hoping we don't have to wait until much later in the year to see it :oops:

An embargo is an embargo, they can't show the review on the 5th.
Yes they can, because it was said that Top Gear will be the world's first to review it. They probably have an exception from that embargo and are allowed to show it 2 days early with all other reviewers having to wait for an additional 48 hours (or a bit less when releasing midnight).

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Yes me too, BUT dont forget he generally gives lotus cars very good review and porsches very bad reviews, but the general public in terms of sales numbers tend not to back him up, but I like all his reviews yes. I will place more value in Harry M's though..... even though he has one ordered so may be a bit tainted by that some how.

Weyland

Reaction score
Yes they can, because it was said that Top Gear will be the world's first to review it. They probably have an exception from that embargo and are allowed to show it 2 days early with all other reviewers having to wait for an additional 48 hours (or a bit less when releasing midnight).
Hopefully I stand corrected!

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ooh, not heard this. Something to look forward to - IF they have a full beans, unrestricted Emira and are allowed to give it these aforementioned beans.

I am nervous of the obvious comparisons.

I also expect the most negative thing to be that is 'underpowered' but that the rest of it will be so good it matters not - especially for the road.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We may not hear about it being under-powered since Chris and others have talked about how they've become disenchanted with over-powered supercars due to how stressful it is to keep them under control. He and others have talked about how they want more usable power that can be enjoyed.

I remember one video where Chris was talking about a recent car he'd driven, where he said something like it had so much power, you didn't really feel a sense of acceleration; you were just suddenly on a different part of the road. He said it wasn't enjoyable. He and others have talked about how you can't relax driving a car like that. You're always tense because you can get in trouble in a blink of an eye.

I won't be surprised if the comments are it could use a little bit more power, but for a First Edition, I expect they'll be forgiving in that area as most first editions are always followed later by more powerful versions.

I think @Evotion has it right; the big emphasis will be on if it's fun to drive or not, and on that point I expect a big thumbs up from everyone.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Either way, for the looks, handling and kudos it seems to be amazing value.
The average less-informed person on the street will assume it a £250k supercar.

I would have paid £100k for it - seriously. That is what I expected when it was first announced. To then see how it looked and it comes in at £77k - I am waiting to be arrested for daylight robbery,

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Blimey. I would have started to struggle at £120k given other options coming closer to play again.
hat said its all relative as Lotus holds its value ridiculously well.
I still suspect the FE V6 will never go below its purchase price - ever.
If I am wrong then it won't be by much. Nothing like the drop on some other cars... F-Type?