Full reviews incoming?

I've just seen this on twitter, new reviews incoming?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 2,499

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yep! The Evora fit fine, it was just the egress that was somewhat challenging. Getting old sucks but it beats the alternatives.
Good thing on the Evora is that having manual seat it's very fast to pull back and make it easier ingress-egress.
I might break the lever one of these days though

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Good thing on the Evora is that having manual seat it's very fast to pull back and make it easier ingress-egress.
I have been told that the electric seats will drive back automatically in order to have better ingress, but I‘m not 100% sure if that‘s true.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You know... if they had their heads screwed on straight, surely one of adjustment dimensions on the umpteen-way adjustable electric seats would be height. 🤔

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Isn’t that the whole purpose of electric seats? Surely they would have a memory function so that they could go back to the exact position that you set for yourself

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I used to do this on my Evora too.

However, in the Emira with the seat in my normal driving position, I didn’t need to move it back.
There was more room to swing my feet out at the front of the door. The A pillar seems to be further forward.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You know... if they had their heads screwed on straight, surely one of adjustment dimensions on the umpteen-way adjustable electric seats would be height. 🤔
It is. Why wouldn’t it be? 🤔

12-way.
Fore/aft
Backrest angle back/forward
Height up/down
Base tilt up/down
Lumbar support up/down and in/out.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Isn’t that the whole purpose of electric seats? Surely they would have a memory function so that they could go back to the exact position that you set for yourself
They do.

He’s talking about the seat automatically going back a bit to help getting out when you open the door.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It is. Why wouldn’t it be? 🤔

12-way.
Fore/aft
Backrest tilt back/forward
Height up/down
Base tilt up/down
Lumbar support up/down and forward/back.
Right... so then all the André The Giant / Tom Cruise impersonators here shouldn't be worried about whether the seat is too high / low then, correct?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have been told that the electric seats will drive back automatically in order to have better ingress, but I‘m not 100% sure if that‘s true.
When I sat in the Emira show car I adjusted the seat to a comfortable driving position. I was pleasantly surprised (a) there was still more scope to move the seat forward whereas I'm on the front stop in the Evora, and (b) I could swing my legs out of the door and get out without having to scoot the seat back. So ingress/egress is easier than the Evora for me.

Right... so then all the André The Giant / Tom Cruise impersonators here shouldn't be worried about whether the seat is too high / low then, correct?
Yes, provided the height adjustment has enough range of travel upwards for the vertically challenged amongst us!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think that'll be fine. It's going to be 20mm lower than the show car, so will easily accommodate people over 6-feet tall wearing a helmet.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
More reviews on the way.....7th June is going to be interesting, and I am sure there will be one mad rush to publish one's review, and be first to have it live.

Screenshot_20220526-215605.png

Last edited:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
as 5'9 is the average UK height and most cars will be for the UK market, compared to any other single market and probably by quite a margin, maybe 5-10 to 1 (spain like 400 - 1, france maybe 800 - 1/// etc) then I should not even dream someone of this height would need any other booster or seating aid to sit in their sports car, it simply wont happen.
as for test drives, I agree, I wanted one before buying the car, but now I dont care at all. my 4 last cars have all been bought without a test drive, Ariel Nomad, Ionic 5, Landrover defender *2015, classic backdate 911. Not unhappy with any of them.
An Ariel product, atom or nomad, you are generally NOT allowed to test drive as they "say" they dont have the insurance to do it, but with such rave reviews, you take your chance. Whats the worst that can happen. If you really need a test drive, go find an Evora, this car is essentially an Evora, like it or not, agree with Lotus's marketing or not, it is a dressed up evora, so try that. If you like that, I would be 95% certain, if not 99.9% certain, you will like this.
As for the reviews, people have already driven the car, Top gear and the likes, or at least they have been driven in the car, Harry's case.
The car they drove is realistically 90% if not 95% the same car you will get. Maybe the sat nav will get a bit better, or the interior a bit better quality in some small areas. The seat may get lowered 4mm and a slightly firmer foam in parts, but most of these things the average and I am in that category, would not notice, so it is already reviewed and is a success. It is NOT likely Lotus will make it worse is it? Its certainly possible, but may not be good for business haha.
So why all the panick.... Yes I know its fun to share with like minded and it helps the time go by while we wait, but to really think they seats may not suit the median of their target market? To think Top gear or Harry are going to slate the car, its not going to happen.
To me the only review of real real real interest is the autocar one I think, that compares to the GT4, which is no longer the top 718, but its the closest competitor in EU markets. I could get a 718 spyder for the same price as an Emira and I have to say, if the interior of the 718 was the same as the current 911's I would "probably" get the spyder! Its a convertible, it has one of the best engines there is, its bullet proof, proven record, looks great with the haunches . humps, sounds fantastic and has way more luggage room and an app to show me where it is and residuals "to boot" or "to Frunk", did you see what I did there?
However, it does not have a good interior and the Emira looks stunning, with or without seals, gaps on the bonnet, between the wheels and the arches, not good MPG, yet to be seen quality control, warranty realities, working with agents who dont make much money and we expect to be treated like kings, a realistic power to weight ratio which is not top or 2nd or 3rd in its class, what ever class that is, a Nuremberg ring time which would probably be beaten by a Yaris GR (another car i bought with NO test drive option...... sold it after 300 km, awful interior (Im shallow yes)), BUT STILL WE WILL BE HAPPY... as it will drive as we expect it to, as an Evora haha... and it will and does again, Look absoltely stunning, although I could pick a few holes in it too...
I rest my case and im going to bed.... chill out... I think 99% of us will love the car, for varying reasons, but it will succeed, if it gets made.. haha

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm completely confident it will drive brilliantly and already know it looks fantastic externally and is a huge step forward internally. It sounds epic.

Reviews won't cover longer term quality/reliability, but that should be fine given the bullet-proof Toyota drivetrain largely carried over from the Evora and the huge investment in quality in design and production.

The seat is the only question mark for me. They shouldn't be iterating it this close to production and we shouldn't be seeing leaked pictures of seats with poor quality. Lotus "should" understand how important it is to get it right for a range of driver shapes and sizes. But they have history of getting it wrong.

Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm guessing the reason why the seats look like they do for the time being, is they keep switching out foam cushions of different densities until they find one that those who are driving the test cars say feels right. They're probably just a bit smaller than the final cushions will be, so it's easier to switch them out.

I expect the final fit and finish seats will look every bit as good as the dash covering and stitching. It wouldn't make any sense after putting in all the effort into the interior, to ignore something so blatantly obvious as seat appearance.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s likely we’ll see a major seat re-design. I know the current cars are all pre-production cars but it seems a bit late to use a different seat than has been tested - and given to reviews to be critical of.

Final pre-productions cars should pretty much be the same as production cars. I would LOVE to be wrong about this. People close to lotus seem to be confident they’ll get this right so I’ll choose to be happy!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind.... Just because they leave the factory perfect doesn't mean they will stay that way. Audi had this issue. Theirs stretched and sagged more and more over time.

Don't forget about the Evoras shrinking dash issues.