• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Full reviews incoming?

I've just seen this on twitter, new reviews incoming?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 2,499

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks like Harry drove a Dark Verdant Jaguar. They seem to have missed the racing number on the door, whoops! :ROFLMAO:

jag-dv.png

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I agree I always feel sick in the passenger seat no matter what car I'm in. # For The Drivers
Along with cupholders. The Emira FE provides air sickness bags.
#For The Passenger

• Sad
Reactions: DJS

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Harry's review inbound on the 7th alView attachment 5857
Can't wait to hear/read what Harry thinks about the Emira, followed by Chris H's and Dickie Meaden's thoughts on it - rather selfishly :whistle:, I hope they will get to drive a V6 manual, and better still, both suspension set ups on Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
i think we all know what they are going to say....

great car...good interior... great quality.... good pricing.... but still probably would not change from a GT4.... or RS, but thats to be expected, porsche have been at it for a long time and have a MUCH bigger budget to play with and a lighter car, more powerful engine. I can live with that.....
would be amazed...flabergasted if anyone says its a poor ride, we know it wont happen, they have already done some pre testing of it in its 90% ready state...
it will be fine, but dont expect perfection .....
Wouldn't it be nice if enough people were turned off by review to push me up to FE Lotus-Land!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice if enough people were turned off by review to push me up to FE Lotus-Land!
well I think if there were some bad reviews, you may also dislike the car and hence counterproductive.. haha.
Bitter sweet...... wide track, good handling, not enjoyable on country roads.... compared to a narrow body car.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
well I think if there were some bad reviews, you may also dislike the car and hence counterproductive.. haha.
Bitter sweet...... wide track, good handling, not enjoyable on country roads.... compared to a narrow body car.
If all that weve seen on video thus far is accurate i cant imagine anything in a new review that woukd dissuade me. Id gladly buy 'sight unseen' at this point. I love the styling and trust the rest will meet/exceed. Manual, hydraulic sterring, sound, it's a Lotus - How bad could they possibly F it up?

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I expect the British press to be understandably partial (just like the American press are with the C8). I’d rate Harry as the best of the lot. Compare his collection to Schmee’s and the difference between an actual car enthusiast and a ‘omg, this will get lols views’ collector become very apparent.

Looking forward to the cross-border reviews as well for a balanced perspective.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Wonder if there will be any cancellations after our test rides ? - that will be interesting to monitor we should have a section for this lol

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If all that weve seen on video thus far is accurate i cant imagine anything in a new review that woukd dissuade me. Id gladly buy 'sight unseen' at this point. I love the styling and trust the rest will meet/exceed. Manual, hydraulic sterring, sound, it's a Lotus - How bad could they possibly F it up?
The seat is the only part that worries me. Driving position and how well it holds you for track days and comfort on long journeys are so important. It's good Lotus are still fine-tuning it, but worrying as well that they haven't finalised it ages ago. I know there was an issue several months ago with meeting a regulation on driver sight lines, as well as the concerns about getting the quality right.

I'm sure it'll be great for the average size/shape person. It's the tall and short that are more likely to have issues. I'm 5'9" so don't consider myself a long way below average, but I'm on the front stop on my Evora seat. I was fine in the blue show car and could get the seat set the right distance forward with adjustment to spare. But knowing they're dropping that seat by 20mm. I'm hoping I don't need a booster cushion!

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wonder if there will be any cancellations after our test rides ? - that will be interesting to monitor we should have a section for this lol
Is there still a hope we might get in a car before we have to commit?
Not having heard anything yet and needing to commit 30 days before a July delivery I am assuming that isn't likely to happen now.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Not having heard anything yet and needing to commit 30 days before a July delivery I am assuming that isn't likely to happen now.
I'd like to think that they will let the 30 day slide and make it 10 to allow test drives where possible

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The seat is the only part that worries me. Driving position and how well it holds you for track days and comfort on long journeys are so important. It's good Lotus are still fine-tuning it, but worrying as well that they haven't finalised it ages ago. I know there was an issue several months ago with meeting a regulation on driver sight lines, as well as the concerns about getting the quality right.

I'm sure it'll be great for the average size/shape person. It's the tall and short that are more likely to have issues. I'm 5'9" so don't consider myself a long way below average, but I'm on the front stop on my Evora seat. I was fine in the blue show car and could get the seat set the right distance forward with adjustment to spare. But knowing they're dropping that seat by 20mm. I'm hoping I don't need a booster cushion!
My parents made the right decision.
They asked @TomE parents and delivered me according to the future Emira right size for the seat:
5´9", so I fit properly and have some spare on the back for the luggage.

Thanks Dad and Mom!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When I spoke to Customer Care recently about re-confirming delivery options I asked again about this. Apparently it's still being looked at and they're trying to come up with a solution in light of dealer demo cars also being delayed.

There was always a risk early adopters would have to buy sight unseen, so only able to rely on show cars and press reviews. Lotus originally intended to have dealer demos out early enough for people to test drive before delivery, but they'd also set out an approach that required a third non-refundable deposit before that.

The move away from non-refundable third deposits in the UK and to a commitment only at 30 days before delivery suggests Lotus were nervous about pushing people to commit too early and having people drop out.

If they don't sort something on test drives I suspect they will get a number of people in the July batch asking to defer delivery until after they can test drive. Currently if you try to defer for a spec change they are saying add 3-6 months, but they'd be foolish to do that for a test-drive deferral. They could in theory just store your car at the factory and delivery it a month later, but if all 200+ July folks do that they'll have a storage problem! If the press reviews are good, they may take the gamble on pushing people to take cars, knowing they can find a market for them if people decline.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My parents made the right decision.
They asked @TomE parents and delivered me according to the future Emira right size for the seat:
5´9", so I fit properly and have some spare on the back for the luggage.

Thanks Dad and Mom!
Exactly! One of the advantages of being shorter is I can fit my kids and all kinds of luggage in the back of my Evora. I'll have more luggage space in my Emira too.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Exactly! One of the advantages of being shorter is I can fit my kids and all kinds of luggage in the back of my Evora. I'll have more luggage space in my Emira too.
I have to agree that 5'9 is optimal sports car height.... lucky me!
I also consider myself tall 😉