Full reviews incoming?

I've just seen this on twitter, new reviews incoming?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 2,499

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That may be true for China cars. But the ADAS team at Hethel confirmed to me there will be no ADAS-enabling infrastructure fitted to cars delivered without ADAS. So no sensors, wiring etc and hence no easy way to retrofit ADAS to a non-ADAS car.

ADAS includes a number of elements, including adaptive cruise control and lane keeping assist.

Do we know if the i4FE will have any ADAS yet? I know the v6 won't just wondering if anything has been confirmed for the i4.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've heard no new info on ADAS since my update in early April about it being "probably" on the i4 FE. I'm guessing chip supply is a major factor.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Most are not applicable to the First Edition V6, but what exactly is "Attention Monitoring" - never seen, or heard. of this anywhere before?
Cameras in the dash / instrument cluster track your eyes and can tell when you’re not looking straight ahead or have your eyes closed and alert you

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Cameras in the dash / instrument cluster track your eyes and can tell when you’re not looking straight ahead or have your eyes closed and alert you
Ah, yes, I mean I know of the feature, but what I meant was that I had not seen this stated or mentioned as a feature that the Emira will have (included with ADAS).

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ah, yes, I mean I know of the feature, but what I meant was that I had not seen this stated or mentioned as a feature that the Emira will have (included with ADAS).
Ok gotcha, I haven’t either to be honest.

The first proper reviews will probably shed some light on this

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just saw this too! Looks like Harris is testing it in the rain though. 😔 He seems to be having fun though! Can't wait for the full review...
Frankly I don’t find most of their ‘reviews’ these days particularly useful. More entertainment than actual reviews.

The YouTube stuff is more practical and consequential.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
“It’s good”

Finally a tease for the Emira review. Lotus appears in the 1st 7 seconds then the white preproduction model drive on track at 20 second mark. There's the Harris quote.
Hope someone can find a broadcast date?

Comments on another forum referred to a June 7th embargo date for Harry's Garage. Will the floodgates open then?
Ideas?

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Finally a tease for the Emira review. Lotus appears in the 1st 7 seconds then the white preproduction model drive on track at 20 second mark. There's the Harris quote.

Comments on another forum referred to a June 7th embargo date for Harry's Garage. Will the floodgates open then?
Ideas?
I'm guessing there will be a few that have first rights for a day or two and then the flood gates will open. So it feels possible that we can get something prior to the 7th if you believe Harry's Garage is in the bigger batch (he could just as easily be part of that first wave).

I'm seriously hoping Emira is episode 1 of top gear. The trailer doesn't say when the series begins.

Maybe we've been waiting all this time because Top Gear has first rights and they're not airing their ep until June 5-7?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

Ideas?
yes its 7th June for all of them.... unless top gear get 1 day earlier... not usually
ill go more for Harry's tends to be most honest

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Some time ago I saw a full video with Harry at the Lotus HQ to configure his own Emira.
Harry furthermore was to see as a passenger during a test drive with an Emira V6 manual on the testtrack of Lotus.

During that Emira testdrive (pre production car) he seemed rather reserved during the whole test, with only a few times a slight smile on his face.

On the other hand I remember a video where Harry made its own test drive of the Evora GT 410 Sport manual, where he drove almost constantly with his typical big smile on his face and was very, very enthusiastic.

Both times he came over as the typical balanced "Harry himself".

I fear that the impression of his mood during that Emira Lotus HQ test drive was a preview of what will await us for his upcoming own test drive.....at most modest positive.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Some time ago I saw a full video with Harry at the Lotus HQ to configure his own Emira.
Harry furthermore was to see as a passenger during a test drive with an Emira V6 manual on the testtrack of Lotus.

During that Emira testdrive (pre production car) he seemed rather reserved during the whole test, with only a few times a slight smile on his face.

On the other hand I remember a video where Harry made its own test drive of the Evora GT 410 Sport manual, where he drove almost constantly with his typical big smile on his face and was very, very enthusiastic.

I fear that the impression of his mood during that Emira Lotus HQ test drive was a preview of what will await us for his upcoming own test drive.....at most modest positive.
is driving the same as being driven? not for an enthusiast, so why would you expect the same reaction?

Stino

Reaction score

What’s happening here? Are we now really trying to speculate on how the Emira performs (compared to Evora, xyz) based on the seconds of smile on someone’s face during a test drive? I know, everyone, including me, is waiting for more solid information from lotus or at least first real reviews, but maybe., until then, we should all just relax a little bit, instead of overinterpret every tiny bit of information/misinformation. If you’d believe everything that people post here, the Emira is the fastest/slowest/prettiest/best/worst-quality car all
In one - and that is all before the first production car has left the factory. Don’t know if it’s only me, but this feels odd to me. And based on all the sometimes crazy speculations that are going on, I fully understand why lotus is so careful with any preliminary official information…

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
How the Emira will perform shouldn't be that difficult to speculate based on everything we know. Obviously it will handle great, sound great and look great (looks are subjective but not many people will say this car isn't beautiful) We know how much Hp it will have and we know the gearing so we know it's slow. Not sure what people expect from these reviews? It's going to get the same response as an Evora GT but with a nicer interior. If they compare it to other cars by numbers it's gonna be a bad review. If they go by how the car makes them feel it will definitely be more positive. Again, all this stuff is known so I'm not sure why people are really looking forward to them

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What’s happening here? Are we now really trying to speculate on how the Emira performs (compared to Evora, xyz) based on the seconds of smile on someone’s face during a test drive? I know, everyone, including me, is waiting for more solid information from lotus or at least first real reviews, but maybe., until then, we should all just relax a little bit, instead of overinterpret every tiny bit of information/misinformation. If you’d believe everything that people post here, the Emira is the fastest/slowest/prettiest/best/worst-quality car all
In one - and that is all before the first production car has left the factory. Don’t know if it’s only me, but this feels odd to me. And based on all the sometimes crazy speculations that are going on, I fully understand why lotus is so careful with any preliminary official information…
Good post and I agree with much of it.
However speculation rises when information voids exist, and those have been perpetuated.
Anyone still waiting for the fabled March Update?
We are all grasping at scraps of info gleaned from Dealer meetings, Emira showings and the odd offhand executive remark, plus Factory tour conversations. Lotus has their test data and preliminary drive reviews. Lotus could have been leading this particular communications parade but instead appears to be leading from behind.

Many posts have included what I considered excellent update or milestone news suggestions. You don't collect deposits, build a wait list and then go silent. Nurture the anticipation and sustain the excitement.

What they have succeeded at besides advancing a legacy of design innovation and experiential driving is creating an aura of mystery and exclusivity. We are all left wanting to one degree or another. It will be a longtime coming and special (according to the speculation).

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just saw this too! Looks like Harris is testing it in the rain though. 😔 He seems to be having fun though! Can't wait for the full review...
If you remember his Instagram post at the time, Harris drove the Emira at a very wet Anglesey circuit.