Full reviews incoming?

I've just seen this on twitter, new reviews incoming?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 2,499

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
My home town! Can't imagine people reaction. A mi no me importa que piensen que es un Ferrari o un Lamborghini.
a mi tampoco..aunq prefiero q les guste.. haha... A mi me parece que es mas como un maclaren ...un baby maclaren

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Screen behind the steering wheel looks F'd already with a huge defect spot in the middle
I saw that car in person and the screen was perfect. That was filmed a day before I saw it. That ‘defect spot’ is just an air bubble behind the plastic protective film that they took off later.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I am too excited for full reviews. BUT, this really is a new car. I don't think Lotus tried to directly evolve the Exige/Elise/Evora. There has been a ton of debate on the forum about how the Emira compares to those models but my opinion is that they used their expertise to make a new offering. Yes, I believe some comparisons to past models are valid but mostly the Emira is unique. The true reviews will come from owners on this forum reporting back after they get their cars in July. Those are the reviews I am waiting for. As a matter of fact, somebody needs to make a template and start a thread so that everyone who gets a car gives a similar evaluation of the same aspects!

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Oh no, it’s ruined! ABS? Reversing camera? I remember the good ‘ol days when you could actually brake or reverse without nanny aids. What a shame.

I guess all we super pure analogue ex-F1 drivers are going to have cancel our orders and get Evoras now…right?

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Oh no, it’s ruined! ABS? Reversing camera? I remember the good ‘ol days when you could actually brake or reverse without nanny aids. What a shame.

I guess all we super pure analogue ex-F1 drivers are going to have cancel our orders and get Evoras now…right?
Not sure what all that means. I was just taken aback that all that was included in a brand new video when it’s been reported that most of those things will not be on the car. Was wondering if there was info out that I wasn’t aware of.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Looks like the video is quoting regular series cars (not FEs) -- the prices are too low for what the first-ups are paying (over $200k). That would explain why the additional ADAS stuff is also listed.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Not sure what all that means. I was just taken aback that all that was included in a brand new video when it’s been reported that most of those things will not be on the car. Was wondering if there was info out that I wasn’t aware of.
Not directed at you, I’m glad these safety features / creature comforts are included if indeed they are). It’s the self-titled purists that don’t believe in safety systems or anything “non-analogue” (but are somehow ok with power steering, ABS, etc)

Last edited:

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not directed at you, I’m glad these safety features / creature comforts are included if indeed they are). It’s the self-titled purists that don’t believe in safety systems or anything “non-analogue” (but are somehow ok with power steering, ABS, etc)
They are not included the reporter isn’t researched adequately, another words no clue. Had it confirmed by dealer at launch in Aus.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
They are not included the reporter isn’t researched adequately, another words no clue. Had it confirmed by dealer at launch in Aus.
I thought as much. I think I’ll definitely be swapping my FE out for one of the later versions (ideally the rumoured S/GT model). I do hope it’s a fully unleashed V6 for the markets that can take them - maybe even with the Merc DCT! (one can dream).

I want a car I can daily for short dashes around back roads but still drive on 3 hour road trips. ADAS features greatly help the latter and I miss them from my M8.

Oh and zinc grey. That with black wheels and the full black pack would look just right.

Last edited:

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There were reports stating i4 emiras (at least those coming to China) will come with essential ADAS hardware when delivered but not functional. ADAS function will be available later via software update.

On another note when you guys mention ADAS you mean the car automatically adjust speed according to the car in front of you, but NOT automatically following the lane right? Cause I find cars with latter function terrible in the steering feel department, presumably due to the electro steering motor hugging steering column at all times.

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
As a general rule I think red looks crap on most cars except Ferrari's.

But holy sh*t it looks good on the Emira! It looks so much like a baby Ferrari one would probably get annoyed with people asking if it is one or not!

Looks so good with the black wheels.
Couldn't agree more. I'm lucky enough to own one so am desperate to choose any other colour. But darn, that magma looks good! And I'd definitely have rhe black wheels with it.

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have this colour coming and lets face it, only someone who isn't a car person but likes cars is going to say that and I dont see where the annoyance comes. Whether its red or black or white or blue, it looks very much like an "Italian" sports car and I dont think as it is red the % of ferrari comments is going to be that much higher than for anyone else...
I have driven a porsche and had kids shout ferrari at it, and it was black...
if anything its a compliment.
You can either spend the time and interest and educate them as to what ir really is, or just say yes, it is a ferrari and be done with it....
For me, its not an issue, its only an issue so far for people who know the car and know its not a ferrari and "think" others will be saying it is.... I find it a little annoying people who know the car and have another colour ordered or no car ordered making the comment (not to argue at all..... ) but for people in the street who show appreciation of a beautiful car, I would never get annoyed.
I drove a westfield in Bogota Colombia for 2 years, bright yellow, got smiles and comments everywhere I went... it never annoyed me once.
Chose the colour you like, not that you think others will like or others will question.... I think they are all great colours but for me the green hides the design as any dark colour hides the lines... thats repeating a professional designer of the F40 and mini etc...
I think you missed the preceeding words shouted by the kids...
"you should have bought a..."
😜

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There were reports stating i4 emiras (at least those coming to China) will come with essential ADAS hardware when delivered but not functional. ADAS function will be available later via software update.

On another note when you guys mention ADAS you mean the car automatically adjust speed according to the car in front of you, but NOT automatically following the lane right? Cause I find cars with latter function terrible in the steering feel department, presumably due to the electro steering motor hugging steering column at all times.

That may be true for China cars. But the ADAS team at Hethel confirmed to me there will be no ADAS-enabling infrastructure fitted to cars delivered without ADAS. So no sensors, wiring etc and hence no easy way to retrofit ADAS to a non-ADAS car.

ADAS includes a number of elements, including adaptive cruise control and lane keeping assist.