Full reviews incoming?

I've just seen this on twitter, new reviews incoming?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 2,499

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Top Gear Season 32 will air on BBC One on 5 June at 8pm UK time (GMT+1).

An Emira review could be sooner than we think!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
What's wrong with them?
the stitching looked out of line and the creases in the corner, yes they did not look great to be honest...... and that is supposedly pretty much the final car, but maybe not the final seats....

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Personally I'm really glad to see a way better quality screen on the dial cluster than what was at Goodwood last year.

But agree the stitching looked a bit suspect.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
On a positive note, that exhaust at idle in track mode sounds good. Slightly off door trim doesn't really bother me. I'd rather them get the sound/driving dynamics right and slightly off trim than the other way around. Hopefully production quality will continue to increase and fix that, but not really a big concern to me personally. Doubtful many would even notice or care outside of the OCD folks.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
could it be that Top Gear TV program (Ive still never watched these guys or the Chris Evans guys) wont reveiw the car at all on the TV show?? Instead just fo a youtube broadcast?

Episode 1​

Top GearSeries 32
Freddie, Chris and Paddy saddle up the Top Gear team bus for an RV road trip across Florida’s swampy Everglades. Their mission? To hunt down some weird and wonderful local motorsports.

Episode 2​

Top GearSeries 32
Freddie Flintoff transforms a Sinclair C5 into a bobsleigh and tackles a terrifying Norwegian luge track. Elsewhere, the team sample some classic TV cop cars before going head-to-head in an all-action police chase.

I dont watch so I dont know their breakdown or how they would fit in the Emira review ..... but from the outside seems unlikely they will do it on the show.... but again, as I dont watch it I've no idea. I will keep peeled for youtube topgear though.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
On a positive note, that exhaust at idle in track mode sounds good. Slightly off door trim doesn't really bother me. I'd rather them get the sound/driving dynamics right and slightly off trim than the other way around. Hopefully production quality will continue to increase and fix that, but not really a big concern to me personally. Doubtful many would even notice or care outside of the OCD folks.
I dont know if I agree .... with the philosophy yes, but the reality is I think we all expect a quality car and I think if the interior fails, we will be back, or I will be, to Lotus or dealer or internet, to complain. There is no real excuse now for Lotus to have bad quality and if they do, exterior looks included, their values will NOT hold, last ICE blahblah but if quality is poor, people wont want it as much. Poor interior doesn't mean poor mechanics, but it gives an indication of the care taken and providers used.
if I was JUST interested in looks, I'd have married my ex Colombian, underwear model girlfriend, but arguing everyday gets on top of you (no pun....) and I dont want to argue with lotus about faulty workmanship and I do want it to hold its value and while its cheap, its still in the EU between 95 and 150 thousand euros!!!! Thats not cheap at all and there are other cars that give different pleasures out there....
fingers crossed these details are fixed..... I repeat, I think most of us would be annoyed by these things....

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
100% agree. The main reason I'm getting an Emira is it's "modern analog sports car" ethos and one of the last opportunities to have a manual, mid-engined car ever. Short of missing your left leg, why anyone would spec an auto Emira is beyond me. I don't see any benefits?
Apparently I’m not an enthusiast because I’m ordering an auto but I drove 6000 miles in one year in a 991 GT3 and many of the enthusiasts don’t drive anywhere near that. I’d take every opportunity to drive the car including supermarket trips and school runs. Sometimes I’d go out at 11 o’clock at night or get up at 4am to drive empty roads. Not sure if it’s quite as simple as manual = enthusiast and auto =
Someone who owns a car

I’ve also had issues with sports car manuals in the past giving my dodgy knee issues

🙂

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Apparently I’m not an enthusiast because I’m ordering an auto but I drove 6000 miles in one year in a 991 GT3 and many of the enthusiasts don’t drive anywhere near that. I’d take every opportunity to drive the car including supermarket trips and school runs. Sometimes I’d go out at 11 o’clock at night or get up at 4am to drive empty roads. Not sure if it’s quite as simple as manual = enthusiast and auto =
Someone who owns a car

I’ve also had issues with sports car manuals in the past giving my dodgy knee issues

🙂
I certainly don't think anyone who gets an auto isn't an enthusiast. I just don't see the benefits outside of inability due to health issues like you alluded to, which makes sense and glad those folks have that option. For all other scenarios, getting an Emira in auto to me is like marrying a supermodel while being celibate.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Someone who owns a car

🙂
Ive driven that many miles in a year in a westfield (caterham / Lotus 7) with no roof, a ground clearance that hardly clears the pebbles on the road, no doors and in BOGOTA, COLOMBIA, a relatively none convertible friendly place you could say, and the best bit.... the manual gear box!! wa way better than any porsche or lotus currently made BUT.... you are a car enthusiast and anyone who drives without going anywhere in particular or for any reason other than to indeed just go for a drive, is an enthusiast ..... and yes, if you check the trade adds, 1 2 years after porsche releases, or ferrari or most sports car companies, their new cars, you will see soooooo many for sale with VERY VERY low milage .... these are possibly not car enthusiasts .... I think you have to be willing to go through some hardship, ie 5am wake up, rain coming down on your head, parking anxiety, one kid can stay at home as no room for them.. haha....

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Im surprised at the percentage of cars that are manuals as speaking to people and my local dealer the majority of purchases are auto's on the V6 yet the pie chart on this forum suggests 77% manual Wow. I think the UK percentage will be much lower, speaking to my local dealer only 1 in 27 Porsche cars in the UK are purchased as a manual.

I myself have gone for the auto box as I will want to daily this car and will never track it, I guess its what ever floats your boat, for me the auto is the option I'm interested in.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Im surprised at the percentage of cars that are manuals as speaking to people and my local dealer the majority of purchases are auto's on the V6 yet the pie chart on this forum suggests 77% manual Wow. I think the UK percentage will be much lower, speaking to my local dealer only 1 in 27 Porsche cars in the UK are purchased as a manual.

I myself have gone for the auto box as I will want to daily this car and will never track it, I guess its what ever floats your boat, for me the auto is the option I'm interested in.
I alluded to this before, but the vast majority of 718 , macan owners etc are "elderly" and limited and comfortable miles, hence the auto choice.
If you go to more sporty Porsches, then the % alters a bit, but then the real track nuts know the PDK is faster than the manual and so to beat their buddies times by 0.2 seconds, they do with auto also...

its a tough one, but yes, each to their own. I find driving an auto quite boring and as a child you always do the emmmmmmm, change gear, emmmmmmmm change gear........ emmmmmmmmmmmm... If I get past that, then maybe I am too old for a sports car haha

• Haha
Reactions: DJS

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I certainly don't think anyone who gets an auto isn't an enthusiast. I just don't see the benefits outside of inability due to health issues like you alluded to, which makes sense and glad those folks have that option. For all other scenarios, getting an Emira in auto to me is like marrying a supermodel while being celibate.

When you consider the amount of brands like Ferrari who stopped doing manuals some time ago it seems an odd stance to me.

They're defo super model material and no one seems to complain about their excellent DCT.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I alluded to this before, but the vast majority of 718 , macan owners etc are "elderly" and limited and comfortable miles, hence the auto choice.
If you go to more sporty Porsches, then the % alters a bit, but then the real track nuts know the PDK is faster than the manual and so to beat their buddies times by 0.2 seconds, they do with auto also...

its a tough one, but yes, each to their own. I find driving an auto quite boring and as a child you always do the emmmmmmm, change gear, emmmmmmmm change gear........ emmmmmmmmmmmm... If I get past that, then maybe I am too old for a sports car haha
602137A9-E975-46DA-9CC5-F271295C961D.jpeg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
could it be that Top Gear TV program (Ive still never watched these guys or the Chris Evans guys) wont reveiw the car at all on the TV show?? Instead just fo a youtube broadcast?

Episode 1​

Top GearSeries 32
Freddie, Chris and Paddy saddle up the Top Gear team bus for an RV road trip across Florida’s swampy Everglades. Their mission? To hunt down some weird and wonderful local motorsports.

Episode 2​

Top GearSeries 32
Freddie Flintoff transforms a Sinclair C5 into a bobsleigh and tackles a terrifying Norwegian luge track. Elsewhere, the team sample some classic TV cop cars before going head-to-head in an all-action police chase.

I dont watch so I dont know their breakdown or how they would fit in the Emira review ..... but from the outside seems unlikely they will do it on the show.... but again, as I dont watch it I've no idea. I will keep peeled for youtube topgear though.
The trailer video for Series 32 shows Harris driving an Emira and the blurb for Series 32 in the TV listings has the Emira as one of the cars being tested. What we don’t know yet is which episode it’s in.

It would be great if it’s in tonight’s, ahead of the main press reviews on Mon/Tue, but as it’s a US road trip episode it may be light on car reviews.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The trailer video for Series 32 shows Harris driving an Emira and the blurb for Series 32 in the TV listings has the Emira as one of the cars being tested. What we don’t know yet is which episode it’s in.

It would be great if it’s in tonight’s, ahead of the main press reviews on Mon/Tue, but as it’s a US road trip episode it may be light on car reviews.
I would be surprised if the Emira review isn't tonight as they will be well late for the party if its next weekend or the weekend after that.