Full reviews incoming?

I've just seen this on twitter, new reviews incoming?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 2,499

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Certainly a lot more people have a Teslas than Lotus. I’ll be adding the Emira to my garage with 2 other Teslas.
Im not knocking electric cars as i'm adding an Eletre to mine.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Question: How do I live stream the new Top Gear today from the states? Searched YouTube, but still unsure...
You just have to go to the BBC iPlayer to stream BBC One
You probably also need a BBC account and a VPN set to GB. If you are using a Mac I would suggest "Urban VPN" from the Mac App Store. Free and easy to use. And if BBC is asking you if you have a TV license, I heard that it might work if you simply click on yes 🤭

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
You just have to go to the BBC iPlayer to stream BBC One
You probably also need a BBC account and a VPN set to GB. If you are using a Mac I would suggest "Urban VPN" from the Mac App Store. Free and easy to use. And if BBC is asking you if you have a TV license, I heard that it might work if you simply click on yes 🤭
Well, I don't have a Mac, or a VPN, or an account with the BBC.

SO, can someone hold their phone up to the screen and record it for me this afternoon?? 😄

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well, I don't have a Mac, or a VPN, or an account with the BBC.

SO, can someone hold their phone up to the screen and record it for me this afternoon?? 😄
Creating a BBC account takes 30 seconds, finding a free VPN for windows roughly 20 seconds ;)

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Creating a BBC account takes 30 seconds, finding a free VPN for windows roughly 20 seconds ;)
So....... anyone in the UK staring at their TV Programming schedule now to check if Top Gear is set to broadcast and what topics are covered?
Hoping for news.
Thanks.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
So I got a trial subscription to Express VPN, and managed to figure it out and get a BBC account (thought you had to pay for it!). It looks like it should work, and the new episode streams at 4pm Eastern Standard time I think (20 UTC +1 is when I think it is on today).

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So....... anyone in the UK staring at their TV Programming schedule now to check if Top Gear is set to broadcast and what topics are covered?
Hoping for news.
Thanks.
Season 32 Episode 1: Freddie, Chris and Paddy saddle up the Top Gear team bus for an RV road trip across Florida’s swampy Everglades. Their mission? To hunt down some weird and wonderful local motorsports.

Season 32 car reviews (episodes not specified): listen to the V12 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ howl on track, witness silent drifts in the Audi RS e-tron GT, watch a Ford Puma WRC car fully send it in the snow, and get the TG verdict on some of the most anticipated cars including the Maserati MC20 and the Lotus Emira.

Often the "road trip" episodes have fewer or no car reviews compared to a normal episode.

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Apparently I’m not an enthusiast because I’m ordering an auto but I drove 6000 miles in one year in a 991 GT3 and many of the enthusiasts don’t drive anywhere near that. I’d take every opportunity to drive the car including supermarket trips and school runs. Sometimes I’d go out at 11 o’clock at night or get up at 4am to drive empty roads. Not sure if it’s quite as simple as manual = enthusiast and auto =
Someone who owns a car

I’ve also had issues with sports car manuals in the past giving my dodgy knee issues

🙂
I’m with you the comments on not being a enthusiast because you ordered an auto are just stupid!!!
I’ve ordered auto , I’m 35 and all my cars have been and will allways be any auto I do around 15k miles a year in which ever sports car / super saloon or super car I get , I buy them to enjoy and there is nothing more fun than busting down the paddles .
Personal opinion that’s all so I agree with what your saying 👌🏽 #AutoForTheDrivers 🤣🤣

Weyland

Reaction score
Tonight's Top Gear episode....looks like a roadtrip special. No mention of the Emira but hopefully it'll be included
Hi all, I posted a screenshot of the planner earlier showing the description for tonight's show - it's a roadtrip special tonight. They might sneak the review in, but it's not mentioned

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The episode 2 blurb doesn't mention which cars they're reviewing either, just some of the main features.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have the Motortrend app on my iPad that I pay a monthly subscription fee for. The legacy Top Gear and I think all the other Top Gear variants are on there. Does anyone know if the episode will be streaming on this platform?

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hoping for news.
Thanks.
I’m currently staring at a swimming pool as I’m on holiday. Let me know how topgear is 😎

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
DV is the most popular color by 12% points! Does that surprise anyone but me???

This chart gave me a heart attack, for a second I was like “how are these people ordering orange?!”

(Orange would have been my choice)

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I can tell you why everyone isn't buying a Telsa over an Emira, first reason its electric, second reason they all look god awful. (nice inside thou) basically a completely different animal.

Look i'm not knocking anyone who wants a manual each to their own.

I’ve owned 2 Teslas and loved them. I currently have 2 Cybertruck reservations (one to keep, one to flip) and expect that to be my daily / track tow vehicle. I’m buying Emira specifically because I want a pure analog sports car to sit forever alongside what will be a rotating cast of electrics.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’ve owned 2 Teslas and loved them. I currently have 2 Cybertruck reservations (one to keep, one to flip) and expect that to be my daily / track tow vehicle. I’m buying Emira specifically because I want a pure analog sports car to sit forever alongside what will be a rotating cast of electrics.
I would have gotten a second one to flip, didn't know you could hold 2 reservations.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I would have gotten a second one to flip, didn't know you could hold 2 reservations.

I originally reserved two because they asked which configuration you wanted, and it wasn’t clear to me if that was something that could be modified later so I reserved a dual motor and a tri motor.

The flip plan came later.

elromulous

Reaction score
I hope you realize you're being complicit in the shit show that is the car market right now.