First stirrings of deliveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
What grinds my gears is the fact that us early depositors are still unable to change spec,after being locked in from before the decent configurator.

Yes I understand if that was for May delivery, but the fact that Lotus have delayed it several times should also allow for spec changes without delay,they're not exactly.building them are they???

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Dealer demo cars are being built at the moment and are due to be delivered in early August (for UK). These are production spec cars. Cars currently at events and with press are pre-production cars still.
Unless you take the latest dealer feedback into account off here and then it's September. Then early adopters are screwed again. Hope this isn't true

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
In the last few days, UK dealers/agents have been getting paperwork(agreements) from Lotus regarding their loan cars, which are production test cars for the likes of you and me to drive.
The cars have trackers and will be geo-fenced.
Anticipated deliveries are 1st-2nd week in August.
So the production staff at Hethel have been screwing together some cars then. There is hope for us deposit holders then.

Crown

Reaction score
Yes totally agree you should get an extension on your lock in date. Ive been wanting to change a few things since my lock in date and it’s been winding me up not being able to do so.

I placed a deposit the night of the reveal last year on an i4, in April this year had an email saying delivery November 2022. So my 2nd deposit was paid , and spec would be locked in on 31st may It said in email.
I must be in the first i4 batch , (although I expect that to get delayed until early 2023 , as I heard they were having cooling problems with the turbo ? )

I’ve ordered Seneca with black pack and black wheels. I wanted to change my caliper colour from yellow to black. So on off chance I emailed lotus customer services , they looked up my order and said my spec lock is still open for a bit yet , ? Really surprised ? they were very helpful and reminded me to click on save changes at the end!
So I guess if you have an i4 it’s worth asking like I did. I can change what I want without delaying my delivery date, so I’ve changed caliper colour to black and gone from ice grey leather to alcantara with grey stitching .
Hope that helps other 👍
4635E4F0-2226-48D4-B189-A0CA0286C48B.png

Attachments

• 3DFE53AC-55F1-4F6D-8D43-1BB5D833A3C6.png
    3DFE53AC-55F1-4F6D-8D43-1BB5D833A3C6.png
    337.6 KB · Views: 10

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
What grinds my gears is the fact that us early depositors are still unable to change spec,after being locked in from before the decent configurator.

Yes I understand if that was for May delivery, but the fact that Lotus have delayed it several times should also allow for spec changes without delay,they're not exactly.building them are they???
Totally grinds my gears as well I’m trying to be not as active on here as I just end up getting more frustrated- if there was something else I really wanted I’d of bailed not because of the car, because the way Lotus has dealt with matters not taking us on the journey and the way they make customers feel. I want to have a car with a respectable badge to be proud of with all the qualities that a blue chip demonstrates.
Could we all not sign a letter stating how displeased we are being locked into specs at such early doors with such delays and there unwillingness to accommodate even slight changes. Let’s face it they have had oodles of time to replan production schedules to accommodate changes. I’m kinda over the delays now my excitement is waining - suppose my excitement injection will be test drive.

G

Guest142

Unless you take the latest dealer feedback into account off here and then it's September. Then early adopters are screwed again. Hope this isn't true
I'm just trying to understand what the hold up is.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Me too. But management has assured me my car is in the first batch planned for Sept build......2022.....and that it will be built to the highest standards and that it drives brilliantly! They did say emails would be out last week......my guess is the August shutdown has now kicked in as schools are out for summer....but I guess.
I don’t believe anything they say now. I’ve been told too many times “there will be an email next week” and then nothing happens.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
That was two years ago about the pandemic situation. You need to look at more recent info about the current problems at Rimstock.
That's what I'm saying. That was 2 years ago and nothing has gotten any better.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don’t believe anything they say now. I’ve been told too many times “there will be an email next week” and then nothing happens.
Especially when the Chinese market is now being offered V6 Emira's, when they were suppose to be i4 only. Wasn't the whole point of doing a 4 cylinder engine for the strict emission (tax) in certain countries like china? For them to make those calls and offers truly shows how far behind they really are.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's what I'm saying. That was 2 years ago and nothing has gotten any better.
Two years ago they were facing the same pandemic-related issues as any other manufacturing firm. Lotus could reasonably have signed them up as a supplier based on undertakings that things would naturally improve post COVID. But the issues seem more significant than that.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There is way more going on here than people think the last time I heard they still didn't have type approval, my honest opinion is that the car just isn't ready at production level. i'm sure there are supply chain issues that will impact a car built every 17 minutes as stated on the tour but I also think they are out of their depth due to unprecedented demand, i'm sure they are working hard to resolve this but how much longer until Geely have to step in.

The silence can only mean one thing more pain to come, in my head i've written the car off until the new year but by that time I will already be in another car, that thought actually bothers me as i've put so much effort into learning as much as I can about the Emira simply due to the excitement.

It will be a bitter pill to swallow when I eventually see Emiras driving around so it really will be a shame as I simply can't wait another 6 months for the car to turn up.

Last edited:

Flashback

Reaction score
Have to say I'm getting really fed up with it all now.

If I'd known the delays would be anything like they are turning out to be, I'd have bitten the bullet and bought something else for the summer.

How can they be so shockingly bad at communicating? I don't just mean the ever-changing delivery dates - some general info about what's actually going on with parts delays, dealer demos, etc., really wouldn't go amiss.

I knew not to expect a slick, corporate customer service experience with Lotus but this is pretty rubbish, isn't it?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Me too Tony. I keep going back to 570s and wondering if the wife will kill me

Ha, me too! I went to a McLaren event last weekend to drive the Artura and see their P1 GTR and Speedtail.

The 570s is awesome... so many options too! Twice as expensive as the Emira though (with no options and no manual transmission available).

Screenshot 2022-07-23 at 10-09-29 570S_Standard_Specifications_and_Options_Guide_English.pdf.png

Status
Not open for further replies.