• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The Gator thread

I'm interested in connecting with others who have taken delivery or have deposits with Gator Motorsport in Indianapolis. My car was in port being processed 6 weeks ago (a month before the bridge collapse, so that's not a factor), but I still can't get any real information from Gator about where it is, when I can take delivery, etc.

I chose Gator even though I live in North Carolina because of their reputation. Plus I have family in Indiana and my Dad in particular really wanted to ride in my Emira when I took delivery. Well, Dad passed away last month, so that won't happen. In fact, he was in hospice when the CARB dam broke and the first Emira were being delivered to customers.

So if you're working with Gator, please let me know what you've heard about your Emira. If you've taken delivery, please post a pic and share the date you took delivery.

This is Dad on a test drive in one of the dealer cars last year.
Dad in Emira.jpg

ameeriklane

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I heard from Gator that they are now receiving cars at a rate of about 6 per week. That's a positive sign I'd say. I wonder how many are in the backlog then waiting to be shipped there. I wonder if we can estimate based on knowing the overall allocation to the US, how many cars already arrived at port, number of dealers, then estimating an allocation for a dealer (the trick is some sold a lot more than others).

OP
@Life411

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I heard from Gator that they are now receiving cars at a rate of about 6 per week. That's a positive sign I'd say. I wonder how many are in the backlog then waiting to be shipped there. I wonder if we can estimate based on knowing the overall allocation to the US, how many cars already arrived at port, number of dealers, then estimating an allocation for a dealer (the trick is some sold a lot more than others).
Great question. I posted below on the overall delivery thread just a minute ago and wanted to share here...

I got some intel regarding Gator recently, so thought I'd share it. They have supposedly delivered about 30 Emiras. They initially had about 30 FE 1.0 allocations. I was at 55th position overall, so was slotted for an FE 2.0. My position has probably moved up due to folks dropping, so let's say I'm in 50th position now...that's just a guess.

Doing a little math, based on the rate they are delivering cars, I'm probably looking at Fourth of July to see mine. For reference, it was on the 12/29/2023 boat.

OP
@Life411

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Btw, is anyone aware of a Gator FB page? They used to have one, then supposedly it blew up and they said that they were trying to recreate it. But I've never seen any communication about this.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Btw, is anyone aware of a Gator FB page? They used to have one, then supposedly it blew up and they said that they were trying to recreate it. But I've never seen any communication about this.
I just went to it. It appears to be active.

I have no idea why that doesn't display in English.....but it'll take you there.

Or just search for Gator Motorsport

Last edited:
OP
@Life411

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I just went to it. It appears to be active.

I have no idea why that doesn't display in English.....but it'll take you there.

Or just search for Gator Motorsport
Thanks for sharing. I did try searching on FB and some other pages with same/similar names came up, but not this one.

OP
@Life411

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I did try searching on FB and some other pages with same/similar names came up, but not this one.
Is this odd to anyone besides me...the last Emira post on Gator's FB page was March 31st! Plenty of posts since that one, but none with even an Emira pictured in the background. They are really going out of their way to keep everything Emira secret. Head scratcher.

TurnerAtGator

Reaction score
Is this odd to anyone besides me...the last Emira post on Gator's FB page was March 31st! Plenty of posts since that one, but none with even an Emira pictured in the background. They are really going out of their way to keep everything Emira secret. Head scratcher.
https://www.facebook.com/GatorMotorsportlotus Last post was 2 days ago. Our previous page got taken down by Facebook for using Lotus logos.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I don't think they are being secret about anything.

They seem to use their FB bandwidth to publish info on service or cars that are for sale. If you want to see Emira activity, you can check their website. Periodically they post recent sales. They have about 20 that posted as sold and another 10-15 that are pending delivery.

They probably don't need to generate as much FB excitement with the Emira since they are all sold for the foreseeable future.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just checked Naples FB. Their last Emira post is March 18, as they are focusing on other things too.

Idalee07

Reaction score
Looks like Gator is trying to speed up delivery and they’re really filling up their show room based on the IG post today. Hopefully we’ll all be getting our cars soon!

Idalee07

Reaction score
Looks like Gator is trying to speed up delivery and they’re really filling up their show room based on the IG post today. Hopefully we’ll all be getting our cars soon!
For clarification, I mean increase their delivery rate in a very positive way.

OP
@Life411

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Anyone receive "the email" telling them their Emira is at Gator being prepped for delivery in the next couple weeks?

OP
@Life411

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Btw, if you know anyone who's taken delivery from Gator and hasn't already completed the customer delivery tracker (see my signature to check the data), please ask them to take a minute to complete the tracker. It's voluntary of course, but we only have 5 entries listing Gator and I know Gator has delivered many more than that.

Here are the totals...approaching 100 entries...
1715863308812.png

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Anyone receive "the email" telling them their Emira is at Gator being prepped for delivery in the next couple weeks?
There must be someone. I’m sitting at Gator right now getting my oil changed and there’s about 20 in the showroom or in service getting prepped.
1715866581230.jpeg

1715866605217.jpeg

Edited with some showroom pics.

Last edited: