• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The Gator thread

I'm interested in connecting with others who have taken delivery or have deposits with Gator Motorsport in Indianapolis. My car was in port being processed 6 weeks ago (a month before the bridge collapse, so that's not a factor), but I still can't get any real information from Gator about where it is, when I can take delivery, etc.

I chose Gator even though I live in North Carolina because of their reputation. Plus I have family in Indiana and my Dad in particular really wanted to ride in my Emira when I took delivery. Well, Dad passed away last month, so that won't happen. In fact, he was in hospice when the CARB dam broke and the first Emira were being delivered to customers.

So if you're working with Gator, please let me know what you've heard about your Emira. If you've taken delivery, please post a pic and share the date you took delivery.

This is Dad on a test drive in one of the dealer cars last year.
Dad in Emira.jpg

Congratulation!! 411. Finally, I picked up my Hethel Yellow this past May. The color Yellow really pop in the sun ;)

Whats your rote back? Can like up for a photo shoot if you go by my neck of the woods

Whats your rote back? Can like up for a photo shoot if you go by my neck of the woods
Hey, not sure what neck of the woods you're in. But it was a one day drive and though I toyed with detours to enjoy more fun roads like Tail of the Dragon, there just wasn't time unfortunately. Friends were waiting at the end of the journey!

This is the route I took Saturday...

Screenshot_20240525-032110.png

Hey, not sure what neck of the woods you're in. But it was a one day drive and though I toyed with detours to enjoy more fun roads like Tail of the Dragon, there just wasn't time unfortunately. Friends were waiting at the end of the journey!

View attachment 44458
Gotcha! Are you in the Emira in NC? I can show you a slight detour that will give you some amazing roads in VA into WV, wont add to much of your time. What day are you headed back?

View attachment 44458
You're a stronger man than I to resist the urge to detour to the Dragon etc. on the way down.

Are you near Kure Beach?

View attachment 44458
Ahh. So you LIVE in NC? I must have missed that. Was hoping you were heading back west a bit for a photo op.

Gotcha! Are you in the Emira in NC? I can show you a slight detour that will give you some amazing roads in VA into WV, wont add to much of your time. What day are you headed back?
Darn! Wish we had connected a couple days ago. I'm already at my destination...Holden Beach NC...drove all day Saturday and got here around dinner time.

You're a stronger man than I to resist the urge to detour to the Dragon etc. on the way down.

Are you near Kure Beach?
Believe me, it crossed my mind to detour to the dragon, but I only got 3 hours sleep the night before and never took the time to see how much of a detour it would be.

I live in Raleigh, but we're in Holden Beach this week...it's an annual trip for almost 20 years with two other families and now the next generation as well with 3 new couples and the first baby on the way.

Ahh. So you LIVE in NC? I must have missed that. Was hoping you were heading back west a bit for a photo op.
Yes, Raleigh, sorry we couldn't connect...that would've been fun.

At what point in the process is eveyone being notified that their car is ready? Is it once it's manufactured, on a boat or at Gator?

At what point in the process is eveyone being notified that their car is ready? Is it once it's manufactured, on a boat or at Gator?
I was notified in February (I think) of my car's VIN # and was told that it was "Processing at Port". But I later learned through @Nova VIN tracker that my car actually arrived stateside in December. And then a week ago Friday I was notified by Gator that the car was at the dealership and could be ready for delivery within a week. Hope this helps.