First Magma Emira collected from Hethel

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well after all the years and months of waiting it has been a hectic week..

Received a phone call on Monday to arrange a date for me to collect my Emira – all a bit panicked to be honest as they realized that the part-exchange valuation they had provided me expired in 6 days’ time so were trying to arrange me to collect this week (which was never going to happen as hadn’t even got invoice as this stage so definitely not giving me enough time to arrange transferring of the funds or to arrange time off work etc).

So, in the end rather than potentially losing £800 on the updated valuation I decided to sort the sale of my existing car myself using “We Buy Any Car” and managed to get a better deal than the original part ex offer for it anyway – strange since they are owned by BCA who are handling Lotus’s part exchanges, but I am certainly not complaining, every little helps!

So yesterday I said a sad goodbye to my Audi TTS which has served me well for several years.

IMG_20230124_125917.jpg

Collection of the Emira from Hethel has been provisionally arranged for the 6th February, invoice and confirmation expected tomorrow - so not long to wait now.

And then he will be going away a short while to receive some TLC...........

1674584469888.png

Spec:

V6 Manual
Touring
Magma Red
Full Black Pack
Diamond Cut Wheels
Yellow Calipers
Black Alcantara with yellow stitching
Leather steering wheel
Vehicle tracker
Privacy Glass

Key dates:

Original Order Date: 07/07/21
Checkout Email Received: 22/12/22 and completed on: 29/12/22
Identity Check Process: 30/12/22
Email re Retention Certification for Personalized Number plate: 17/01/23
Email asking for VIN of Part Ex vehicle: 20/01/23
Phone call to arrange collection date: 23/01/23
Sale of Audi TTS: 24/01/23
Collecting from Hethel on: 06/02/23

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Well after all the years and months of waiting it has been a hectic week..

Received a phone call on Monday to arrange a date for me to collect my Emira – all a bit panicked to be honest as they realized that the part-exchange valuation they had provided me expired in 6 days’ time so were trying to arrange me to collect this week (which was never going to happen as hadn’t even got invoice as this stage so definitely not giving me enough time to arrange transferring of the funds or to arrange time off work etc).

So, in the end rather than potentially losing £800 on the updated valuation I decided to sort the sale of my existing car myself using “We Buy Any Car” and managed to get a better deal than the original part ex offer for it anyway – strange since they are owned by BCA who are handling Lotus’s part exchanges, but I am certainly not complaining, every little helps!

So yesterday I said a sad goodbye to my Audi TTS which has served me well for several years.

View attachment 21634

Collection of the Emira from Hethel has been provisionally arranged for the 6th February, invoice and confirmation expected tomorrow - so not long to wait now.

And then he will be going away a short while to receive some TLC...........

View attachment 21635

Spec:

V6 Manual
Touring
Magma Red
Full Black Pack
Diamond Cut Wheels
Yellow Calipers
Black Alcantara with yellow stitching
Leather steering wheel
Vehicle tracker
Privacy Glass

Key dates:

Original Order Date: 07/07/21
Checkout Email Received: 22/12/22 and completed on: 29/12/22
Identity Check Process: 30/12/22
Email re Retention Certification for Personalized Number plate: 17/01/23
Email asking for VIN of Part Ex vehicle: 20/01/23
Phone call to arrange collection date: 23/01/23
Sale of Audi TTS: 24/01/23
Collecting from Hethel on: 06/02/23

Excellent news and awesome spec! Can't wait to see pics and read your feedback.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
is this a 'record' checkout email to delivery?????

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I see that you're in Norfolk. I thought this was for the US and it got me excited!! But I'm happy for you :D

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Good news!, my deposit was the day after yours so hopefully not to long now. However I have just spoken to customer care and mine has dropped back from January build to February, they expect delivery in March which would actually suit me. However this is still only currently estimated delivery........................

OP
D

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
All paid no problems at all doing it in the bank - quite scary seeing that amount of money leave my account! - roll on next Monday :)

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
All paid no problems at all doing it in the bank - quite scary seeing that amount of money leave my account! - roll on next Monday :)
Congratulations, I hope your car is fault free, my checkout start 21st November, a whole month before you, and no delivery date on the horizon. Mine is Magma, full black pack, silver forged wheels, black calipers, black alcantara with red stitch and touring chasis, not a million miles from your spec. have a good day next week.

OP
D

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations, I hope your car is fault free, my checkout start 21st November, a whole month before you, and no delivery date on the horizon. Mine is Magma, full black pack, silver forged wheels, black calipers, black alcantara with red stitch and touring chasis, not a million miles from your spec. have a good day next week.
Thanks - just doesn't make sense why some car are so delayed especially when your spec is so similar to mine, I assume CS can't give you a sensible reason why?