The Full Magma

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Collected my Emira from the factory yesterday. Thank you to Scott, Sam and everyone else I met for making it a real experience. Really enjoyed the factory tour and seeing cars coming down the line, and the robots in action.

My spec.
Magma red
DC wheels
Yellow calipers
Touring with Goodyears
Alcantara with red stitch
Leather Steering wheel
Tinted glass
Tracker
I also took the three year service pack and the P1 PPF and ceramic coating which was arranged by Scott.

My journey.
Deposit 12/5/21
Check out 12/12/22
Invoice 01/02/23
Collect 14/2/23.

I was told they have made about 1000 Emiras in total so far. There were lots parked around the factory ready to be shipped out. I saw all the colours and a mix of left and right hand drive. Interestingly Magma seemed the rarest of those I saw. Did see a number of automatics in both left and right hand drives. Didn’t see any i4.
As I left the factory the sun was going down and I had a 240 mile journey to do which incorporated salted/gritted roads and freezing fog. Not ideal really but I was glad I had the front fully protected by the PPF as there was some flying grit at times. Also surprised how quickly I settled into the car given it was dark, I was unfamiliar with it and didn’t know the roads I was on.
Apple CarPlay worked straight away, Tracker app on the phone connected. All good.
Magma is a stunning colour (I would say that!). I took a range of photos as the sun was going down and you can really how it responds to the light. Some in the showroom and some outside.
And one in the garage when I finally got home. About to go and give it its first wash!

9F0A47B2-5E66-448E-B806-3B988CAB90E9.jpeg
6BE9825C-4B5E-418C-9DC1-9CDC4F663424.jpeg
4F76B2E9-08D8-4512-B900-2F088D5821A1.jpeg
09DC7772-038B-40DB-A00A-2AEC1697D110.jpeg
D294A969-F77A-4A99-BC10-5C096FB0BCED.jpeg
94F514E8-21F7-45B3-9414-A3C3E2E5D260.jpeg
4244F4FD-5D68-4EB0-AD12-9F61E797E1DD.jpeg
EB58E0BC-DDED-4A61-BFAF-41CCB8470941.jpeg
5C7F5218-1435-4E48-B928-827CEDA9CB5F.jpeg
B24AB835-725E-41A0-94AC-D31F8518D811.jpeg

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations! Wow, that looks fantastic! :love:

Hope you have many hours of joyful motoring in your new Emira! 👍

PhilCP

Reaction score
Looks great.
How much is the PPF Lotus are arranging?

OP
Pugwash

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks great.
How much is the PPF Lotus are arranging?
If you are interested talk to Scott Walker. He coordinates it and a local to them xpel installer does the work. I spoke to a number of local to me firms and the prices were broadly similar, but it was more convenient to have it all done before pick up. I have full front, sills and rear arches XPel PPF and Ultra serum on all the rest plus glass and wheels coated.

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If you are interested talk to Scott Walker. He coordinates it and a local to them xpel installer does the work. I spoke to a number of local to me firms and the prices were broadly similar, but it was more convenient to have it all done before pick up. I have full front, sills and rear arches XPel PPF and Ultra serum on all the rest plus glass and wheels coated.
Very interesting info - I have a similar spec Magma on order (production next month, in theory) and I was considering PPF on the front end, too. I don't have experience of PPF and so I've been in research mode - is the PPF wrapped around the panels or are the edges visible?

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey @Pugwash, sounds like you have done exactly what I wanted regarding PPF, are you happy to disclose the price (via DM?) Or is it best to just get in touch with Scott? Do you know who the local PPF supplier is?

Would love to know what you think about the job they've done on your PPF

OP
Pugwash

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Very interesting info - I have a similar spec Magma on order (production next month, in theory) and I was considering PPF on the front end, too. I don't have experience of PPF and so I've been in research mode - is the PPF wrapped around the panels or are the edges visible?
In the main it sits on the car flush to the edge but doesn’t wrap around. The panels are cut such that they run right up to the edge, if you look really hard you can see them but almost invisible. I think the templates are produced by XPel themselves and the local installers would all use the same templates unless you get a custom installation I guess. I had it on my Evora which looked as good when I sold it as when it came out the factory in 2014. People will debate the pros and cons. I think it’s worth it, especially given the journey I had last night. Would have been gutted to get home and find a stone chip on the front.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hey @Pugwash, sounds like you have done exactly what I wanted regarding PPF, are you happy to disclose the price (via DM?) Or is it best to just get in touch with Scott? Do you know who the local PPF supplier is?

@Joel Scott is getting in Elliot from detail your eye candy, I think he is the only Xpel approved guy in Norfolk. From all accounts, he does a very good job.

OP
Pugwash

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Best to speak direct to Scott I think. I am very pleased with the finish and what they did. Very professionally applied, can’t really see the edges.
To date the factory has handed over just over 40 cars and only a few have had PPF so it’s early days for this. There was a post on Facebook by someone who had the first one done on a Seneca car which was why I enquired of Scott about how it works. They have some “packages” they are putting in place but best to confirm what you want with Scott. Mine was done by Elliott who is based out of Snetterton.

GIN

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Congrats! Great looking car. Please, keep us posted on your impressions of the car as you go thru the break in period and beyond.

Briggo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations and enjoy! I still have over a year to wait and a price increase today to keep me happy!! :rolleyes:

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I dont normally like red but that looks really good on Emira. Thanks for the other info.

Bummer my deposit is months before yours and you have your car already. Advantages of being in the UK. I didnt even get a FE slot.

MaybeNeedEmira

Reaction score
In the main it sits on the car flush to the edge but doesn’t wrap around. The panels are cut such that they run right up to the edge, if you look really hard you can see them but almost invisible. I think the templates are produced by XPel themselves and the local installers would all use the same templates unless you get a custom installation I guess. I had it on my Evora which looked as good when I sold it as when it came out the factory in 2014. People will debate the pros and cons. I think it’s worth it, especially given the journey I had last night. Would have been gutted to get home and find a stone chip on the front.
Can't beat the feeling of having the PPF+Super Suit on.
My 1st time was on a 5k mile CPO. MUCH more relaxed once it was done.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations and wishing you many happy miles!