The Full Magma

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Love, love, love it!! 😍 Thanks for sharing the pics, and please feel free to share 100 more! 😁

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Bummer my deposit is months before yours and you have your car already. Advantages of being in the UK. I didnt even get a FE slot.
You may be reading it wrong, his are DD/MM/YYYY. If your initial deposit was in May 2021 you would definitely have made the FE list.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
love it love it, can't wait to see my Magma in person ... soon :-0 Thanks for sharing

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
With the exception of Shadow Gray and DV, this car simply looks stunning with or without the upper black pack. It has such presence out in the wild. What a beauty.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You may be reading it wrong, his are DD/MM/YYYY. If your initial deposit was in May 2021 you would definitely have made the FE list.
Ahh. you're exactly right. I forgot how the US is backwards. The 14/2/2023 should've reminded me.

Last edited:
OP
Pugwash

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Tinker time.
CTEK fly lead fitted. While it looks like there should be plenty of room to run the cable through the boot seal with the boot closed, I am using an old trick I used to do with my Aston. If you throw the boot latch with your finger (or a screwdriver if you wish) the car thinks the boot is closed and will turn off the tail lights and the interior light. You can then gently lower the hatch until it’s resting on the latch plate. Note the Emira latch seems to have two stages so needs to be fully closed. They helpfully put a dot in the centre of the striker so you can see it’s closed.
The car can now be locked if you wish to secure the cabin. Of course when you come to undo this you have open the hatch which will just lift up, and then use the key or the button in the car to “unlock” and reset the latch. Otherwise you get a metal on metal bang when you finally unplug everything and close the latch. The boot does take a degree of downward force on closing to make sure it’s down or you have to do the Harry press down technique.
58828BDC-A692-44A9-909F-4FEFBA816971.jpeg
C2794557-904E-4F95-92C4-62596F88875D.jpeg
D5FE396A-0E8F-4DCF-8B86-5C7E45703EB7.jpeg

OP
Pugwash

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
One thing I noticed on my drive home from the factory in the dark, there is a “bright“ green light on one of the buttons in the overhead console. I found it distracting in the dark and by pushing it turns off the green light. Turns out this is the control for automatically turning on and off all the interior lighting when you stop or unlock the car, which is a useful thing to have in the dark.
My solution is a bit Heath Robinson but involved using a tiny piece of black tape to mask off most of the light. It’s still there but not as bright. In the picture the tape can obviously be seen as I am using a lamp to light the area but I don’t think I will notice it when actually driving the car. Time will tell. If you are reading this Lotus, a slightly dimmer telltail would work better IMHO!
Interior lighting overall is really good.

72AE7C8D-1F69-4123-9E54-987CDAB41E1F.jpeg
02422844-1159-4799-9F0C-689BF9F5FA03.jpeg

OP
Pugwash

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You were probably not driving 200 mile on mostly unlit / poorly lit roads when you picked it up though.

OP
Pugwash

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Mine was ready well over a week ago. I held it back a week for PPF to be installed. It arrived at Hethel the same time as Donskibeats. I don’t think they make and release them in batches. They certainly paint each cars panels as one set for an individual car as I saw them going around the factory on a special dolly and apparently this gets good panel matching for an individual colour.

OP
Pugwash

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I feel like I'm making a sequel of single white female called magma red emira....I also have a ctek awaiting new duties - M6 eyelets (IIRC from another thread) so £6.99 off ebay?
I used 8mm and the one with the traffic lights on the connector so you get a quick visual of the battery condition. Turns out the tracker also gives the battery voltage. Not sure 6mm would fit on the +ve stud I used.

OP
Pugwash

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've seen the photos Detail Your Eye Candy have put in Instagram today :)
Thanks, I hadn’t seen that. Definitely my car. Looks much better in his studio than it does in my garage!
He has done a fantastic job, I am very pleased with the result.

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I used 8mm and the one with the traffic lights on the connector so you get a quick visual of the battery condition. Turns out the tracker also gives the battery voltage. Not sure 6mm would fit on the +ve stud I used.
Just spotted the battery conditioner thread on the subject. M8 it is!