• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Magma Red collected from Hethel

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There are several places I could have put this, but felt as a new owner it may provide some valued reassurance for those still on the fence or simply seeking some reassurance with regards their purchase, who might be reading this excellent summary from Shaan (feel free to put somewhere else Tom)!

I picked up my Magma Red yesterday at the factory, this gave me the opportunity to probe on some of the early issues raised by others. Scott and Sam are adamant the seatbelts are fitted correctly, so that the flow across the body correctly (please bear in mind I am a trusting soul and will generally because of my own lack of skills...unlike some on the forum who have huge knowledge and experience) will take people at their word!

They suggested that they have been learning and tweaking process etc since the first cars left the factory last year.... a tent for Factory collected cars, wheels wrapped to protect the brakes from the elements etc!!

A few observations.... in no particular order and taking into account I've only had the car 50 miles and 20 hours, although I have had 2 factory tours and 2 dealership test drives.

The car has a presence that is just indescribable, it is utterly gorgeous...video and photo do not in any way project how utterly gorgeous this car is.....if you have yet to see one in the "composite" it will instantly become an object of desire. Don't worry how you've specced your vehicle it looks great in any combination and I've seen a decent variety (Magma, Nimbus and Seneca personal favourites....oh and Dark Verdant - with its chameleon like capabilities it is something to behold).

My particular vehicle appears a breeze to drive, no stalling, slick but precise gear change, nicely weighted clutch and a feeling that the car is stuck to the road with velcro! Yes the seating could be a little lower - but that could compromise what is a clear open like cockpit feel to the car. The steering wheel when feeding quickly through hands does perhaps feel a little odd...but early days..... I find that when relaxed cruising is order of the day the arm rest allows for positioning of the hand nicely on the wheel at its thickest point and for more spirited driving the 10-2 position takes the hands away from that chunky thickness of the wheel that has been commented upon. No problems so far, other than the fact that I cant stop looking at the bloody thing, it is stunning and when the sun eventually decides to make an appearance it will be on another level.

I implore you, if you have any doubts...stick in there, I do believe efforts are being made to address known issues and the wait will be worth it.

One small issue and I believe another "flaw" should be added to the list! It looks like mine has been fitted with the new " diesel" engine :cry: with stop-start traffic and variable speeds of 40-60mph, my journey home of 40 miles I returned 37MPG.....sooner I can get the revs up to 6800 the better. Oh and it makes the MX5 look tiny!

Attachments

• 16839774767691933257797593281016.jpg
    16839774767691933257797593281016.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 232
  • 16839775281472578716955390308934.jpg
    16839775281472578716955390308934.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 179

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’d wondered how the gearshift compared to the MX-5‘s short throw. Absolutely the best thing about that car.