• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Finally collected my Magma Red :)

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well, its here finally :D

The car is absolutely awesome, have done 130 miles in it so far, the 4k limit is not an issue at all (still easily lose your license :ROFLMAO: )

This is an everyday driver for me so will no be a garage queen, trying to get the first 1000 in before May so I can do the Lotus trackday at Silverstone with it as well 😊

It was just a shame to pick it up in the wet 😢 the whole family have now taken turns in coming out for a small trip and all comment on how comfortable and civilised it is.

I cannot get over how predictable it feels to drive, so planted and assured, so different to my Esprit.

Will add more pictures and comment as the miles increase and hopefully the sun comes out.

Attachments

• Drive Shot.jpg
    Drive Shot.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 258

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations! Glad you are loving your new car! The photo you shared provides a really interesting perspective on the Magma Red color, with the contrast against the red Mini Countryman. I have seen Magma in the flesh and owned that exact same Countryman some years ago (still regret selling it). Based on memory, I would not have expected there be such a similarity. There may be some digital camera devilry at work, but that shot makes Magma look quite splendid.

Last edited:
OP
Nellie

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations! Glad you are loving your new car! The photo you shared provides a really interesting perspective on the Magma Red color, with the contrast against the red Mini Countryman. I have seen Magma in the flesh and owned that exact same Countryman some years ago (still regret selling it). Based on memory, I would not have expected there be such a similarity. There may be some digital camera devilry at work, but that shot makes Magma look quite splendid.
HI DPB, I think the camera is playing tricks on us both as the Mini red is a more traditional red, its very different to the eye. The camera has captured it and probably made the Emira look flatter in colour, it was a grey day as well

Agree with you about the countryman, stuck between offloading that or the R53 I also own (need some drive space)

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nice one. Best colour for the car. Used to have Magma myself... :D

I'm at Brands Hatch next week I believe. Hopefully I won't bust the sound limit.
I hope there will be a video of your adventures!