Finally a Lotus I can fit in

skydude

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've been a huge (physically and figuratively) fan of Lotus since the 80s. Loved their cars and the cars they contributed to, like the Cortina and the Opel Lotus Omega.

Joe, my friend and sales guy, brought an Evora to a car show and I couldn't get in. Closer than getting into an Exige but still no. I was a little sad since I comfortably fit in the Porsche Cayman GT4 I had at the time.

Fast forward to January and he shows up in an Emira. And I fit. I wanted to buy his demo on the spot but was told I can order one and wait. I don't like waiting haha.

Then, out of the blue he calls me and says one has become available. I rush over to find I cannot buy it yet. Thank you C.A.R.B. Finally two weeks ago they were allowed to sell them so I picked my one up last week. What a pleasure to drive.

Attachments

• IMG_20240316_055622.jpg
    IMG_20240316_055622.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 82

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Awesome! Glad to have you on the forum. Hope your ownership journey is a smooth one!

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Also tall (6'5") enough where dont always fit in sports cars. I almost bought a used Evora in 2017 but didnt 'fit' that great and wasnt in love with the car enough to tolerate it.
Put my Emira deposit down before even sat in the car and it was a concern. Then a few months later in Dec2021 made the trip to the Emira road demo in ATL. Pleasantly surprised I fit fine.
Not a good review but here is guy who claims (doesnt look 6'10) to be 6'10 fitting. Dont see how cause I can't even wear a hat.
On top of fitting in it, you didnt even have to wait for years in line.

Last edited:

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I've been a huge (physically and figuratively) fan of Lotus since the 80s. Loved their cars and the cars they contributed to, like the Cortina and the Opel Lotus Omega.

Joe, my friend and sales guy, brought an Evora to a car show and I couldn't get in. Closer than getting into an Exige but still no. I was a little sad since I comfortably fit in the Porsche Cayman GT4 I had at the time.

Fast forward to January and he shows up in an Emira. And I fit. I wanted to buy his demo on the spot but was told I can order one and wait. I don't like waiting haha.

Then, out of the blue he calls me and says one has become available. I rush over to find I cannot buy it yet. Thank you C.A.R.B. Finally two weeks ago they were allowed to sell them so I picked my one up last week. What a pleasure to drive.
So you basically had to wait two months to get an Emira? You have it before some people that have waited 3 years? Gotta love how the system works.

Last edited:
OP
S

skydude

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So you basically had to wait two months to get and Emira? You have it before some people that have waited 3 years? Gotta love how the system works.
I was just lucky that someone who ordered one backed out. And it's my 3rd car from them.

OP
S

skydude

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I found an alarming amount of swirls in the paint when I got my Emira, so I had some paint correction done today. WOW. It really pops. Light ceramic coating too. Will do full ceramic when I have time.

Also when looking at the shift linkage on the Emira it looked exactly like the linkage on my GR Corolla. So I bit the bullet and got the Forge Motorsport short shift kit . It arrived today and I was able to install it with one hand, in about 15 minutes. Only removed the trim piece closest to the trunk. Nothing else. Here is a link to the item:

It's adjustable, I set it to the middle position. Nice short, firm shifts and only $85.

Attachments

• IMG20240321125546.jpg
    IMG20240321125546.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 15