• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

V6 Vs i4

Neil D.

Reaction score
Admitedly one has a touring chassis and the other a sports chassis. Turn on subtitles to read this in english.
Still interesting view
Neil

Citizen

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Min7

Feels the blue one is the i4 and the yellow v6

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Admitedly one has a touring chassis and the other a sports chassis. Turn on subtitles to read this in english.
Still interesting view
Neil
Thanks - very interesting view. I suspect it won’t change many people’s choices. Not sure if anyone knows the time difference for the Cup2’s vs the Goodyears but I suspect that’s most of the difference. I still won’t be taking the Cayman or anything else - very happy with my manual V6

driv300mph

Reaction score
The i4 is running Cup2's and the V6 is running Goodyears. I commented that in this video and he thought it would only account for 0.5-0.75s difference, but I imagine it could be a little more.

Foxy87

Reaction score
Looking at ring times between semislicks and normal UHP tyres only being a few seconds apart (on a 7-8min track) this sounds about right. No way semi vs uhp would make 2sec of a difference on this short track.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Seems like he was impressed with the I4 Emira (360hp version) and it performed very well against the V6 and even a Cayman GT4, despite being down on power.

Being the owner of a 400bhp I4 Emira, I can concur it goes very well and is genuinely quick. He used the word rabid to describe the I4 AMG, which is a good description. It is an angry engine, ready to go and fires through the closely spaced gears like a pissed off pit bull.

Hopefully I will get it on track soon and get to use more of its performance.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was at a car event last weekend parked next to BMW i8. The owner loved the car and said after finding out how to switch off the synthetic exhaust sound inside he found it better with it on. I know the VW Golf does this and just read the AMG does:
"Here, the sound of the exhaust is recorded by a pressure sensor and amplified electro-acoustically in the interior."
Does the i4 do the same or does the shorter exhaust system allow it to sound better?
I’ve never listened to a synthetic system so can’t comment on how it sounds but interested to hear what people think.
I see now they even have units under cars to make them sound better outside.

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just can’t get over how synthetic and bad the i4 sound’s from inside the car.
I don't find that the sound in the video fully matches with what you actually hear in the i4. It seems more muffled in the video (perhaps from an in-helmet mic?) and doesn't catch any of the noise from the turbo.

I have no complaints about how the i4 sounds, it doesn't sound synthetic in reality.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was at a car event last weekend parked next to BMW i8. The owner loved the car and said after finding out how to switch off the synthetic exhaust sound inside he found it better with it on. I know the VW Golf does this and just read the AMG does:
"Here, the sound of the exhaust is recorded by a pressure sensor and amplified electro-acoustically in the interior."
Does the i4 do the same or does the shorter exhaust system allow it to sound better?
I’ve never listened to a synthetic system so can’t comment on how it sounds but interested to hear what people think.
I see now they even have units under cars to make them sound better outside.
I don’t believe the I4 Emira has pumped in Engine sounds.