First Magma Emira collected from Hethel

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
OCD has just kicked in...

I'd shuffle backwards and forwards till by Lotus wheel badges are the right way up if I was you - mainly to stop idiots like me having a panic attack... šŸ˜

And why is she not under a duvet in this weather???

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Looks like a lot of owners on Instagram are in the same boat! :LOL:

1678485239864.png

1678485338874.png

334394146_198869996096312_4119189093258023491_n.jpg

325422531_1533459340471700_7751007641509810739_n.jpg

332186159_1036738777713719_7588468873682963195_n.jpg

OP
D

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Car has just spent a few days at Stratton Motor Company having the recalls done for wiper motor and trim tether

Whilst it was in they looked at the brake issue which was first noticed just after it was collected, car hasn't done that many miles since, and the problem hadn't resolved itself like Lotus had said it would!. Stratton Motor Company discovered that the pads were actually defective and crumbling so they advised not driving it any more, and made a warranty claim to replace all four pads and discs.

Shame Lotus didn't take it more seriously when I first reported it to them back in February, as had I been using the car for more mileage then could have caused a major issue if the brakes had failed.

Anyway "Dennis" is now back home in the driveway looking stunning in the September sun (photo to follow)

Stratton Motor Company were fantastic, kept me fully updated at all stages, yes it was with them for 2 1/2 weeks but most of that time was waiting for Lotus to sort the replacement parts so delays were not down to them.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Car has just spent a few days at Stratton Motor Company having the recalls done for wiper motor and trim tether

Whilst it was in they looked at the brake issue which was first noticed just after it was collected, car hasn't done that many miles since, and the problem hadn't resolved itself like Lotus had said it would!. Stratton Motor Company discovered that the pads were actually defective and crumbling so they advised not driving it any more, and made a warranty claim to replace all four pads and discs.

Shame Lotus didn't take it more seriously when I first reported it to them back in February, as had I been using the car for more mileage then could have caused a major issue if the brakes had failed.

Anyway "Dennis" is now back home in the driveway looking stunning in the September sun (photo to follow)

Stratton Motor Company were fantastic, kept me fully updated at all stages, yes it was with them for 2 1/2 weeks but most of that time was waiting for Lotus to sort the replacement parts so delays were not down to them.
glad to hear that you are getting good support from the dealer. Brakes should be an easy fix

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Some of our forum members are female, including the owner of this lovely Magma example :)
Oh for such a SEXY car he doesnā€™t look like a Dennis - more maybe Mr Grey šŸ˜‰ funny all my cars have always been from Venus but they have all go by ā€œ beast ā€œ šŸ¤£

OP
D

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh for such a SEXY car he doesnā€™t look like a Dennis - more maybe Mr Grey šŸ˜‰ funny all my cars have always been from Venus but they have all go by ā€œ beast ā€œ šŸ¤£
The full name is "Dennis the Menace" mainly due to the few initial problems and the black/red colours :)

OP
D

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Been a while since I posted, but just to update and let you know that I have sold the Emira, and am moving on to hopefully much better things. Just didn't get on well with the Emira, found the steering and clutch too heavy compared to other cars, and had issues such as the boot getting damp, so it was time to say goodbye.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted, but just to update and let you know that I have sold the Emira, and am moving on to hopefully much better things. Just didn't get on well with the Emira, found the steering and clutch too heavy compared to other cars, and had issues such as the boot getting damp, so it was time to say goodbye.

Thanks for the update and sorry to see you go! Did you find a replacement?

OP
D

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for the update and sorry to see you go! Did you find a replacement?
No problem, and thanks - yes going for a 911 Carrera 4 GTS :)

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
  • Machine polishing process carried out to significantly enhance gloss and remove any defects (amazing how many light scratches Elliot found on a car which had only been collected from Factory and driven 5 miles home, not sure what this says for quality control at Hethel!)
I had the exact same experience with my Magma Red in the US. Absolutely covered in scratches. And not just swirl marks from a cloth, actual scratches. I have no idea how a car makes it out of a factory in that condition.

Example scratches on my car with 8 miles on it, zoom in:
1000032135.jpg

Post paint correction:
1000032142.jpg

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had the exact same experience with my Magma Red in the US. Absolutely covered in scratches. And not just swirl marks from a cloth, actual scratches. I have no idea how a car makes it out of a factory in that condition.

Example scratches on my car with 8 miles on it, zoom in:
View attachment 40565

Post paint correction:
View attachment 40566
Same experience here with swirls and scratches. Somebody somewhere is wiping down these cars with poor technique. Paint is soft, but easily corrected.