Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I also now noticed more than 2 of the latest reviews say the HP number is 405. I am going to assume that the Emira is 405 HP and 394 BHP.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Did he smile at all?

If an Italian does not get excited then I am getting even more nervous about the Emira.

Ha, I should have driven the car by now and my old ultra-enthusiasm might still exist but all of these reviews are mostly not evoking the 'fun' side of car ownership.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did he smile at all?

If an Italian does not get excited then I am getting even more nervous about the Emira.

Ha, I should have driven the car by now and my old ultra-enthusiasm might still exist but all of these reviews are mostly not evoking the 'fun' side of car ownership.
He is actually pretty positive about the car - he does talk about the gear change, and that they are going to make some updates based on feedback from early drives.. not sure when that was filmed..

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Driving impression of the Dutch Autovisie test of the Emira...........

How is the driving experience of the Emira?
On the open road, the Lotus managed to make a balanced and refined impression, but on the test track we had some caveats. Not because of the few warm-up laps of reconnaissance in a Sport chassis with Cup 2 tires. It felt tighter, more communicative and sharper than the previously ridden Tour version.
We then had to do the faster laps in a variant with Tour chassis on the Goodyear tires. That's fine to a point, but once you get near the borders, it gets messy. Not with the ESP on, because then the Lotus Emira will be curbed in time. In the freer track mode you can test your own reflexes and with everything out you have to be on the lookout.
The weight shifts due to the rolling and diving nose cause imbalance. As a result, he does not steer well and the front axle never really bites. The Evora's pointed and direct feel is missing. You have to regularly force it in with two steering movements and then immediately hit the gas to close the lock. Then he sinks onto his ass, making the light front want to go straight and only by holding the gas is pushed in.

vantage

Reaction score
Driving impression of the Dutch Autovisie test of the Emira...........

How is the driving experience of the Emira?
On the open road, the Lotus managed to make a balanced and refined impression, but on the test track we had some caveats. Not because of the few warm-up laps of reconnaissance in a Sport chassis with Cup 2 tires. It felt tighter, more communicative and sharper than the previously ridden Tour version.
We then had to do the faster laps in a variant with Tour chassis on the Goodyear tires. That's fine to a point, but once you get near the borders, it gets messy. Not with the ESP on, because then the Lotus Emira will be curbed in time. In the freer track mode you can test your own reflexes and with everything out you have to be on the lookout.
The weight shifts due to the rolling and diving nose cause imbalance. As a result, he does not steer well and the front axle never really bites. The Evora's pointed and direct feel is missing. You have to regularly force it in with two steering movements and then immediately hit the gas to close the lock. Then he sinks onto his ass, making the light front want to go straight and only by holding the gas is pushed in.

The link has a video to a 30 minute review with a lot of track footage (in the sport car?), but too bad I don't speak Dutch!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The link has a video to a 30 minute review with a lot of track footage (in the sport car?), but too bad I don't speak Dutch!
You can use auto translate on YouTube. Blue Car on track is tour/goodyear

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You can use auto translate on YouTube. Blue Car on track is tour/goodyear

Decent review, with lots of similar comments on steering wheel, shift, engine etc. Good look at Tour on road and track. My highlight was the google subtitles showing [Music] for the engine note when ragging around Hethel!

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Interesting Top Gear IG post:

1A545567-B863-4E4B-9A64-82C17A6762C0.jpeg

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Interesting Top Gear IG post:

View attachment 7734
I never noticed how the “face” of the A110 looks… offended.

The Emira, like the Elige and Miata, has a playful grin, which I love. I’m tired of cars being angry all the time.

i always wonder if designers are clear-eyed about the faces they’re giving their cars. Clearly some are, but others… Like the Jeep Renegade is clearly giving the look of disapproval.

1658923755553.jpeg

1658923814391.jpeg

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I never noticed how the “face” of the A110 looks… offended.

The Emira, like the Elige and Miata, has a playful grin, which I love. I’m tired of cars being angry all the time.

i always wonder if designers are clear-eyed about the faces they’re giving their cars. Clearly some are, but others… Like the Jeep Renegade is clearly giving the look of disapproval.

View attachment 7736
View attachment 7737
Ha! That would make a fun new thread! What do car faces resemble to you?