Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
With the Top Gear Chris Harris review coming Sunday, I've been thinking/hoping/worrying about just how much Lotus, and the success of the Emira, has riding on this. If Harris is excited and loves it, then I think a lot of potential customers (and those already locked in, like myself), will ignore the "so frustrating" Jethro EVO review. But what are the actual chances of that? So far, we know Harris is testing it in the rain and says "it's good!" in the new season trailer, but I can't imagine him having a completely different experience than Jethro.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
At the new restaurant the prices are 20-30% lower but you still get a satisfying meal. Lots of people will go there because it's great value for money and they'd never heard of or visited the old restaurant. Does that change how you view it?
Tom, you are absolutely correct. That is why I think it is still a great vehicle. I am just looking at it from the reviewer's perspective and from us car enthusiasts. I understand their disappointment in a way. Im still buying one and will certainly enjoy it.

This restaurant is only going to be open for a certain amount of time and I plan on enjoying the meals available while I can!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
With the Top Gear Chris Harris review coming Sunday, I've been thinking/hoping/worrying about just how much Lotus, and the success of the Emira, has riding on this. If Harris is excited and loves it, then I think a lot of potential customers (and those already locked in, like myself), will ignore the "so frustrating" Jethro EVO review. But what are the actual chances of that? So far, we know Harris is testing it in the rain and says "it's good!" in the new season trailer, but I can't imagine him having a completely different experience than Jethro.
The Top Gear review is at Anglesey also isn't it? So will be interesting if so

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, quite a lot riding on this one I reckon. Top Gear must have a bigger audience than most the reviews last week combined.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, quite a lot riding on this one I reckon. Top Gear must have a bigger audience than most the reviews last week combined.

Hopefully Lotus doesn't fall in the list of manufactures who banned him after a negative review...

Screenshot_20220613-111255_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220613-111304_Chrome.jpg

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Umm, not much chance of the driving dynamics bit.

I will love and cherish the Emira but it ain't no Exige. I drove the 410 Sport a couple of time. Now, that is epic and it still calls to me.

If the Emira can get to 75% of the exige, mixed in with the real world usability and comfort of a GT then Lotus have smahed it.

It would be the ultimate test/comparison imo...new Emira against last Evora & V6 Exige. Time will tell.

I owned Exige V6 with Nitrons and forged wheels...loved it...but my dealer (who's a racer himself)...confirmed Emira is in a different category after driving it around Hethel. It has a much bigger footprint, especially since its front is wider and ultimately it is a faster car around track than an Exige. Exige also being a pretty heavy car and 10 year old design by now.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It would be the ultimate test/comparison imo...new Emira against last Evora & V6 Exige. Time will tell.

I owned Exige V6 with Nitrons and forged wheels...loved it...but my dealer (who's a racer himself)...confirmed Emira is in a different category after driving it around Hethel. It has a much bigger footprint, especially since its front is wider and ultimately it is a faster car around track than an Exige. Exige also being a pretty heavy car and 10 year old design by now.
I would be happy to do a 2021 Evora GT vs 2023 Emira user review when the Emira arrives in Dec/Jan timeframe. It will be interesting... Evora GT is auto with Cup 2. Emira with sport suspension, Cup 2 and manual transmission.

I've only sat in the prototype Emira, and it felt like a different category than the Evora GT. Some things better... some not so much. For me, the Evora GT is not a "GT" car. It is the most race-car like car I have driven, and I've driven some nice German sports cars from BMW, Audi and Porsche. Evora GT drives and feels closer to a race-spec 944 than a BMW M3 competition. My guess is that Emira will be more of a "GT" car... 4x4 suspension height, comfier seats, better sound system, slightly quieter exhaust, etc. I am still very excited about it. I may have to drop the suspension by 20mm though. Lotus, can you please offer another Eibach spring that I can use?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I may have to drop the suspension by 20mm though. Lotus, can you please offer another Eibach spring that I can use?

Easy ~$300 fix to swap in some shorter Eibachs. AND it's already sitting on Bilsteins which play nice with aftermarket springs.

Or spend $3-4k on some quality coilovers.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I think the Harris preview may actually be pretty good. He's driving in the rain, so tire performance in the dry is not something he'll be talking about. He'll likely be talking about how different it is from his old Lotus; ease of getting in and out, upgraded interior, and more refined driving dynamics. He'll probably talk about his old Lotus in sentimental terms, but be realistic enough to acknowledge how this new Lotus is what it needs to be.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I think the Harris preview may actually be pretty good. He's driving in the rain, so tire performance in the dry is not something he'll be talking about. He'll likely be talking about how different it is from his old Lotus; ease of getting in and out, upgraded interior, and more refined driving dynamics. He'll probably talk about his old Lotus in sentimental terms, but be realistic enough to acknowledge how this new Lotus is what it needs to be.
Yup and then he will just have it sideways for 5 minutes 😅

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I would be happy to do a 2021 Evora GT vs 2023 Emira user review when the Emira arrives in Dec/Jan timeframe. It will be interesting... Evora GT is auto with Cup 2. Emira with sport suspension, Cup 2 and manual transmission.

I've only sat in the prototype Emira, and it felt like a different category than the Evora GT. Some things better... some not so much. For me, the Evora GT is not a "GT" car. It is the most race-car like car I have driven, and I've driven some nice German sports cars from BMW, Audi and Porsche. Evora GT drives and feels closer to a race-spec 944 than a BMW M3 competition. My guess is that Emira will be more of a "GT" car... 4x4 suspension height, comfier seats, better sound system, slightly quieter exhaust, etc. I am still very excited about it. I may have to drop the suspension by 20mm though. Lotus, can you please offer another Eibach spring that I can use?

a 2021 Evora GT is a much underrated car...Its really fantastic and much faster/better than most think! Call yourself lucky!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Top Gear review is at Anglesey also isn't it? So will be interesting if so
It was Anglesey, but it was soaking wet and cold. Lots of sideways action but he’s not setting winning lap times.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm curious if Lotus will manage to get an Emira delivered to Car&Driver for this year's Lightning Lap. The article won't come out until next Jan/Feb but I suspect they do the testing sometime in late summer/fall at VIR. It'll be before customer deliveries start showing up but maybe a dealer demo car would work.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It was Anglesey, but it was soaking wet and cold. Lots of sideways action but he’s not setting winning lap times.
I imagine it will be so much sideways that he won't be doing an indepth review! Especially as its a proto and he's only just been allowed back in a Lotus 😅