EMIRA. NOT JUST ANOTHER SPORTS CAR. THE OTHER SPORTS CAR.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What is meant by "the other sports car?" Which one is the other one, then?

Not that one, the other one...hmm
Great question about an 'open ended' blurb. Let's see: The new midship engine exotic? You know, the one 'For the Drivers.'
After all, its not your garden variety sports car. It's whatever drives your imagination.

OP
L

Lotusrat

Reaction score
Great question about an 'open ended' blurb. Let's see: The new midship engine exotic? You know, the one 'For the Drivers.'
After all, its not your garden variety sports car. It's whatever drives your imagination.
I guess they mean the Evija? Or the other ones in my stable? But, I have pre-ordered with Gator Motorsports a month ago and hoping for the best.

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
yeah I thought abt it when first saw it then forgot abt it …:LOL:
I think someone in marketing tried to be too clever…KISS- keep it simple stupid

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's about Lotus pitching the Emira as a credible alternative to whatever is the first car you think of when someone says "name a sportscar". So, it's not just one of several sportscars in the segment, but THE other one you should be considering in addition to the obvious/first thought. For lots of people that'll be a Cayman.

Many people only think of Lotus cars as stripped out track toys not suitable for daily use (like the Elise) or with poor reliability or expensive for what they are because they're low volume. The Evora is a great car but not on the radar for a lot of driving enthusiasts. So this is about telling people Lotus has moved on and encouraging people to set aside what they might have thought and take a closer look.