Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Touring- Goodyear F1

Votes: 60 47.2%

• Total voters

Newguy1354

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've seen a lot of great cars sitting at dealers now. Of the actual ordered North American market Emiras, I'm wondering which suspension did you get? Adding your city would be appreciated as well.
Sport- F1- Ft. Worth Tx

1stLotus

Reaction score
Touring

Living in SF Bay Area, my experience has been that the roads are poorly maintained. While the sport suspension is not as harsh as other cars stiffer setups, personally I’d prefer a smoother ride. Likely. It going to track the car, but it’s not going to be a daily either. I plan to take long road trips with this with the Mrs. as well and prefer comfort over slightly less body roll.

The Everyday Driver video review helped solidify my choice.

Last edited:

Sjetware

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sport - Cup2 - Dallas TX

I don't have to stick with cup 2, but I can always put some Pilot Sport 4s tires on if needed.

Bimmernate

Reaction score
Went back and forth between touring and sport. Test drove sport and I didn’t think it was too harsh. Watched Miphas nurburging lap on YouTube and he emphasized how much he hated the touring suspension on the track. Thus, concluded that since it won’t be a daily driver, went for sport/f1.

christophermalex

Reaction score
Sport/Cup2.... going to Hethel for some track time in April while I wait for my i4 in 2025. Just hope they have an i4 for the Driver's Academy in time!?! They still haven't committed to that being the case yet though.

OP
Newguy1354

Newguy1354

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Similar thinking for me. Roads around DFW generally are pretty good. Also for us Texans, an hours drive outside of most major cities will get you to some curvy roads.
I will probably only track the car 1 or 2 times and I don't push it to 10\10s when I do. So Sport and F1s were right for me.

Last edited:

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Touring/F1. Buying this car specifically because it's a great analog backroad driver. Cup2's usually only last 3-5k miles from my experience and are bad in anything but warm and dry conditions.

If I want another track car there are other's out there that are much better suited to the task. Ordered in Washington state, but have since moved to flat Florida where there are very few good driving roads to properly enjoy the sticky Michelin's.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
i thought sport + cup 2s was going to be the most common. im surprised its the least

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Touring

Living in SF Bay Area, my experience has been that the roads are poorly maintained. While the sport suspension is not as harsh as other cars stiffer setups, personally I’d prefer a smoother ride. Likely. It going to track the car, but it’s not going to be a daily either. I plan to take long road trips with this with the Mrs. as well and prefer comfort over slightly less body roll.

The Everyday Driver video review helped solidify my choice.
Where in the Bay? I am peninsula.

SPORT ,Cup 2's. I will be tracking mine and not daily driving so different use case but it felt perfectly balanced and not too stiff at all on Skyline/92 and at Hethel when I test drove it.

Tour felt a little vague with the steering and judging mid corner grip.

Oh...I also finally got a VIN. ;)

1stLotus

Reaction score
Where in the Bay? I am peninsula.

SPORT ,Cup 2's. I will be tracking mine and not daily driving so different use case but it felt perfectly balanced and not too stiff at all on Skyline/92 and at Hethel when I test drove it.

Tour felt a little vague with the steering and judging mid corner grip.

Oh...I also finally got a VIN. ;)
I’m in the North Bay. Backroads around Marin and Sonoma tend to be a little bumpy.

You’re probably right that it’ll be less direct. I can’t recall if I test drove the tour. This spec has obviously been the toughest for most when specing the car.

I’m looking to build my stable and start treating myself more. There’s more opportunity to pick up other driver focused cars and track focused cars.

Given this is my first “sports car” in a long time and I want to share the experience with my wife, I figure the Tour spec is safest choice for us all to enjoy and be happy. Plus it has a reliable engine so why not put 100k+ miles on it.

Congrats on getting your VIN. I’m sure I’ll see you around.

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m in the North Bay. Backroads around Marin and Sonoma tend to be a little bumpy.

You’re probably right that it’ll be less direct. I can’t recall if I test drove the tour. This spec has obviously been the toughest for most when specing the car.

I’m looking to build my stable and start treating myself more. There’s more opportunity to pick up other driver focused cars and track focused cars.

Given this is my first “sports car” in a long time and I want to share the experience with my wife, I figure the Tour spec is safest choice for us all to enjoy and be happy. Plus it has a reliable engine so why not put 100k+ miles on it.

Congrats on getting your VIN. I’m sure I’ll see you around.
Your wife will love it I bet. Exciting in your without being too edgy. You should to Skaggs Spring Rd. It's amazing and they repaved a lot of it! I also love Panoramic Hwy, especially when it's a foggy marine later day!

Sjetware

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm not sure if it's surprising that touring so far has the most votes; the Emira is targeted at the daily driver gt crowd now, compared to even the elise or exige with a more track focused marketing.

Then again, my current daily driver has bucket seats and a harness, so sports suspension is infinitely more comfortable to live with - CARB approval please! My lower back will pay bribes to make this process go faster.

Attachments

• PXL_20231016_200332583.jpg
    PXL_20231016_200332583.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 29

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm not sure if it's surprising that touring so far has the most votes; the Emira is targeted at the daily driver gt crowd now, compared to even the elise or exige with a more track focused marketing.
Touring is currently trailing by eight.
Cup2 is trailing by twenty eight.

Rupes

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Interesting poll. I wonder how any people picked touring because it was so enthusiastically supported in this review from Harry's Garage (this influenced me in a big way). Since then, I've seen others say Sport is "not too harsh." This is like mattress shopping - some think a bed is too soft, others too hard.

I'm wondering though, how much do tires play a role in the feel - in this case sport suspension with F1's vs Cup2? Could the Goldilocks fit actually be a stiffer sport suspension paired with F1's???

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just remember driving a test car and as I was driving I was POSITIVE that it had to be the Touring suspension, because it was pretty smooth. So I asked and he told me it was Sports Suspension on Cup 2's. I eventually went Sports with F1's because I think they are better tires for non-track driving, but that test drive stuck with me that Sports would be fine.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interesting poll. I wonder how any people picked touring because it was so enthusiastically supported in this review from Harry's Garage (this influenced me in a big way). Since then, I've seen others say Sport is "not too harsh." This is like mattress shopping - some think a bed is too soft, others too hard.

I'm wondering though, how much do tires play a role in the feel - in this case sport suspension with F1's vs Cup2? Could the Goldilocks fit actually be a stiffer sport suspension paired with F1's???
I'm getting Sport+F1s and I don't remember any automotive journalist testing/declaring that config. So I think Lotus PR (demo car spec) is to blame for the lack of commentary with this setup. That being said, I'm pleasantly surprised how many of us are getting Sport+F1. Hopefully chose wisely!

Last edited: