When will first edition end

JAY

Reaction score
Hi Guys wondering if anyone knows when first editions will end. If we have made deposit does it confirm we will get a first edition

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's not clear but hopefully will be covered in the update later this month. Lotus MD Matt Windle said at Goodwood there was no quota and they'd make them to meet demand, but if that demand is 1000s then they may have to re-think! You'd assume they'd do all the FEs before starting delivery of the first own-spec cars and I can't see them wanting to push that back too far. I guess they might continue the tail of FE deliveries in parallel with own specs starting

They built 450 Launch Editions of the Evora, but the situation is different with the Emira.

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm hoping that everyone who is prepared to top their deposit up to £5000 will be offered an FE car, either V6 or I4 if they want one.

The cost of the V6 may be slightly higher than some expected, especially if adding an auto and black pack, so my only wish from Lotus is that even though the I4 FE is coming at the end of the year, they might be able to make the price available to enable us to make a fair price comparison. Its hard to make the call at the moment without the figures and I really do want to make my mind up.

Its definitely an Emira for me, but which one?????

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm hoping that everyone who is prepared to top their deposit up to £5000 will be offered an FE car, either V6 or I4 if they want one.

The cost of the V6 may be slightly higher than some expected, especially if adding an auto and black pack, so my only wish from Lotus is that even though the I4 FE is coming at the end of the year, they might be able to make the price available to enable us to make a fair price comparison. Its hard to make the call at the moment without the figures and I really do want to make my mind up.

Yep Garreth, agree we need all the info (or considerably more) in order to make our own assessment of which is the best proposition for each of us - V6 or I4 - FE or own spec? For me that is certainly still which Emira, rather than Emira or...

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

You’re right. This unnecessary ambiguity just frustrates potential buyers. Of course they know the differential between the V6 and the I4 engines. Why withhold that info from consumers who are only trying to make the best single decision they can. This not a good business strategy. The ambiguity begins to take on a nefarious quality. Instead, be deliberately transparent with as much information as you have. This approach contributes to trust, which is what you need when building a brand.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You’re right. This unnecessary ambiguity just frustrates potential buyers. Of course they know the differential between the V6 and the I4 engines. Why withhold that info from consumers who are only trying to make the best single decision they can. This not a good business strategy. The ambiguity begins to take on a nefarious quality. Instead, be deliberately transparent with as much information as you have. This approach contributes to trust, which is what you need when building a brand.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
From the spec and UK pricing announcement it's apparent the First Editions run for at least 12 months. That doesn't mean everyone who has already paid a deposit will get one but (a) they have deposits for around 2 years worth of production (b) typical conversion from deposit to order is 60-70% (c) some people will want own spec. So I think most who want an FE and have already paid a deposit will get one.