Emira Issues - from final production cars

meccanisti

Reaction score
I have heard more stories like this. Paint off factory appears to be very soft. You need to be extremely careful not make swirls when washing.
I'm doing total touchless washing until I can get the paint correction and PPF/Ceramic done by my detailer!

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just on 1400 miles in mine and I have had ABS and TCS lights come on a few times but they had been clearing after a few re starts, but now are permanently on. It seems to be linked to the hand brake as I initially had a warning msg pop up to say that the hand brake and ABS need a service. Now the hand brake wont do hill assist but will still activate manually. Has anybody had this issue and any fix. apart from a dealer trip. Its similar to when the Evora would suddenly drop out of Sport mode and the traction control light would come on, which is due to a brake pedal sensor switch - could this be the same?
Got my ODB scanner.

"Veepeak Bluetooth 4.0 or above (BLE) OBD II Diagnostic Tool for iOS and Android".

Good news is it seems to be mostly working, bad news is I found this:
1684255345617.png

Decided to get a scanner myself after a CEL and limp mode. Dealer read it out and only found a single unrelated error (He actually showed me) and scheduled me for a software update. Back home CEL hit me again and this is the readout. Looks like the O2 sensor is borked. Looking at it again it seems more like the voltage dropped across the whole bank once, thus the misfires? I'm not a mechanic, just educated guessing here

Send it out to my dealer again..

Also seeing all the available sensor data makes me sad Lotus didn't provide a little more detailed values on the screen in an app or something..

Last edited:

vision

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Got my ODB scanner.

"Veepeak Bluetooth 4.0 or above (BLE) OBD II Diagnostic Tool for iOS and Android".

Good news is it seems to be mostly working, bad news is I found this:
View attachment 26633

Decided to get a scanner myself after a CEL and limp mode. Dealer read it out and only found a single unrelated error (He actually showed me) and scheduled me for a software update. Back home CEL hit me again and this is the readout. Looks like the O2 sensor is borked. Looking at it again it seems more like the voltage dropped across the whole bank once, thus the misfires? I'm not a mechanic, just educated guessing here

Send it out to my dealer again..

Also seeing all the available sensor data makes me sad Lotus didn't provide a little more detailed values on the screen in an app or something..
I suppose I am lucky in so far as only only engine management lights early on, as for the rest cosmetically and fit its a bit of a mess. Anyway 'Soon' it will be booked in to be repaired

Sport190

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just on 1400 miles in mine and I have had ABS and TCS lights come on a few times but they had been clearing after a few re starts, but now are permanently on. It seems to be linked to the hand brake as I initially had a warning msg pop up to say that the hand brake and ABS need a service. Now the hand brake wont do hill assist but will still activate manually. Has anybody had this issue and any fix.
I have the same issues, software update to fix expected in week 24

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You could replace with larger capacity but I think all it needs is a new one from a decent manufacturer like Varta, not a cheap one that’s been sat on a pallet outside at Hethel for months.

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You could replace with larger capacity but I think all it needs is a new one from a decent manufacturer like Varta, not a cheap one that’s been sat on a pallet outside at Hethel for months.
Thanks, as soon my Emira will arrive i will keep an eye on it.

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ha ha, I shouldn’t have looked 🫣. Mines like this too. I think they’re all like that on the UK drivers side. Either the holes are wrong or the bumper has stretched. Not to mention a few more rusty bolts. Think of it as an extra air intake. Very little people actually look underneath.
Yeah…Until you do a track day and the front end lifts up on a fast straight…

111s

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
First time posting as I usually don’t have anything too inspiring to contribute. Possibly some good news regarding the wiper speed issue though so figured it’s worth a mention.

Collected my Emira earlier today from the dealership as it was in having a list of snags resolved post run in. To my surprise I have been told that the wiper speed issue has been fixed. There wasn’t a great amount of time for me to probe on what the issue was but it wasn’t software as I expected. I was told the linkage was replaced, I assume there was a bit more to it than only this but the important thing is the fix does appear to work. During the hour drive after collection I tested the wiper speed from various stalk positions and everything functioned as you would expect. Finally I can look forward to a British summer in the Emira!

On another note one of the main problems my car had was the seatbelt pretensioner locking up on my passenger side rendering the seat unusable at times. Both sides were replaced, sounds like a recall is imminent for this fault. Not sure if this is only for early cars.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
First time posting as I usually don’t have anything too inspiring to contribute. Possibly some good news regarding the wiper speed issue though so figured it’s worth a mention.

Collected my Emira earlier today from the dealership as it was in having a list of snags resolved post run in. To my surprise I have been told that the wiper speed issue has been fixed. There wasn’t a great amount of time for me to probe on what the issue was but it wasn’t software as I expected. I was told the linkage was replaced, I assume there was a bit more to it than only this but the important thing is the fix does appear to work. During the hour drive after collection I tested the wiper speed from various stalk positions and everything functioned as you would expect. Finally I can look forward to a British summer in the Emira!

On another note one of the main problems my car had was the seatbelt pretensioner locking up on my passenger side rendering the seat unusable at times. Both sides were replaced, sounds like a recall is imminent for this fault. Not sure if this is only for early cars.

Welcome to the forum! Glad your Emira issues got resolved.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting your updates.

Very useful to know they’ve been able to fix the wiper issue on your car. We’ve heard various rumours about it needing a software update or a replacement motor, but whatever they’ve done the main thing is it’s sorted. Hopefully the solution gets rolled out to all the dealers and affected cars.

Several people reported the seat belt jamming, so it’s also good to hear there is a specific fix.

What build or delivery month was your car? It would be useful to know if it was one of the very early ones in 2022, which seemed to have more issues, or after the pause in January when they implemented several fixes based on initial feedback.

Toby L

Reaction score
My Emira has been great, untill a few days ago. Full steering lock now produces a godawful racket. Took it to my local dealer and they have diagnosed a failed steering pump. Also creaking from the Center console now at medium size bumps, annoying.

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My Emira has been great, untill a few days ago. Full steering lock now produces a godawful racket. Took it to my local dealer and they have diagnosed a failed steering pump. Also creaking from the Center console now at medium size bumps, annoying.
Welcome to the club. More power steering issues

Rollie

Reaction score
What build date has your car?

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve had my centre console fixed completely. If you put your finger in the gap below the round ventilation buttons, it should stop. It’s where the bottom console and centre console meets.

dave355

Reaction score
So couple of issues I have some times have to go into 2nd before selecting 1 st to got it to go in and the hill start doesn’t disengage quickly enough unles I am doing something wrong.has anyone had similar and gearbox got better? Love the car though

M100man

Reaction score
So couple of issues I have some times have to go into 2nd before selecting 1 st to got it to go in and the hill start doesn’t disengage quickly enough unles I am doing something wrong.has anyone had similar and gearbox got better? Love the car though
I’ve got problems selecting 6th it often wants to go in to 4th . Then I have to go up through the gears to get to 6th . Worse than that occasionally when trying to select6th you can’t get any gear at all . It’s going to the dealer for an extended period shortly to sort that out as well as various minor issues , aircon , wipers , 3 hour software update etc

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have the same - Scott said it would be a bit 'tight' for the first 1000 miles or so as the cables bed in

HdoBadr

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been shared before or not but I hear a loud and very annoying knocking/clicking sound when I steer or roll out from a stop or pass a speed pump. See video

I checked and found an oil leak on the suspension (Not really sure if normal or not)

I will check with the dealer tomorrow

IMG_0778.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0777.jpeg
    IMG_0777.jpeg
    253.4 KB · Views: 47

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have same issue with hill start - it seems to hold too long, and a couple of times I have ended up having to apply more revs than I would like to get moving. I’m going to find quiet place to test over the weekend to see if I can improve my technique!