Emira Issues - from final production cars

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It appears the steering rack/power steering is a common problem on these. Rang Stratton motor company over a week ago and when I booked my car in they thought it would be another leaking rack as several have had the issue. Turns out mine does too!

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
@JasonR see my post regarding lack of power steering on day one

I expected to pick my car up from Stratton today (been there 2 weeks), only to find that the power steering has failed again, Lotus insist on continuing to send replacement steering pumps.

Scott Walker kindly took another one (2nd replacement ) over this afternoon, so that’s been fitted, lines bled again and they’ll take it out for a run in the morning to see if it’s working.

There was no mention to me by Stratton motors that it was suspected to be a leak. They mentioned it could be debris in the line that was causing the pump fluid to not work properly. Which some others on the other thread had also suggested

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@JasonR see my post regarding lack of power steering on day one

I expected to pick my car up from Stratton today (been there 2 weeks), only to find that the power steering has failed again, Lotus insist on continuing to send replacement steering pumps.

Scott Walker kindly took another one (2nd replacement ) over this afternoon, so that’s been fitted, lines bled again and they’ll take it out for a run in the morning to see if it’s working.

There was no mention to me by Stratton motors that it was suspected to be a leak. They mentioned it could be debris in the line that was causing the pump fluid to not work properly. Which some others on the other thread had also suggested
Not got round to reading that but will take a look now. Hoping they get mine sorted sooner rather than later…

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Front bumper upon arrival at the dealer ...the person who fitted this bumper should be removed from the production line. No love for their work, no attention and/or feel for detail and quality. I am so surprised this passed Lotus quality control. Must be old guys nearly blind doing a last check...or after a UK liquid lunch.

Imagine receiving a new Porsche like this....A. would never happen and B. customers would freak out.

Somehow...Lotus...I am not surprised.
IMG_3065.jpeg
IMG_3064.jpeg

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Front bumper upon arrival at the dealer ...the person who fitted this bumper should be removed from the production line. No love for their work, no attention and/or feel for detail and quality. I am so surprised this passed Lotus quality control. Must be old guys nearly blind doing a last check...or after a UK liquid lunch.

Imagine receiving a new Porsche like this....A. would never happen and B. customers would freak out.

Somehow...Lotus...I am not surprised. View attachment 26544View attachment 26543
Holy SHIT seriously. So much for quality control
Agree with you. Fire every person in QC especially the head of QC. No one at Lotus seems to give a crap about anything.
Disgusting

HdoBadr

Reaction score
Had first niggle at 45km only while I went on a cruise (Break-in period) had Engine light come on.

Drive back home turned off the car, came back after an hour, Engine light still on. Plugged in OBD2 scanner. See attached

Doesnt seem concerning, so I clear the codes. Engine light went away.
Will check again if it comes back on when I take the car for another trip tomorrow
Small update:

Once codes were cleared, 150klm later still no codes or CEL. All good

One thing thats alittle bit annoying is getting the car in reverse. It hardly engages first time. You have to change gears and/or move the car few meters before you can get it to reverse gear.

But all in all 200klms I am so loving the car. It drives brilliantly and sounds amazing. Its so worth the wait and I couldn't be happier.

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Small update:

One thing thats alittle bit annoying is getting the car in reverse. It hardly engages first time. You have to change gears and/or move the car few meters before you can get it to reverse gear.

But all in all 200klms I am so loving the car. It drives brilliantly and sounds amazing. It’s so worth the wait and I couldn't be
The gears will loosen up as you get to the 1000 mile mark. The sound from the engine/super charge also improves. It’s an amazing car once the teething issues have been sorted but many are battery related. Give it a longer drive and most of the lights will disappear. Once you get used to the limits, you be checking how many G’s you can take the favourite corners.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Somehow...Lotus...I am not surprised. View attachment 26544View attachment 26543
Just nesds a Tesla badge!

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Ha ha, I shouldn’t have looked 🫣. Mines like this too. I think they’re all like that on the UK drivers side. Either the holes are wrong or the bumper has stretched. Not to mention a few more rusty bolts. Think of it as an extra air intake. Very little people actually look underneath.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Small update:

But all in all 200klms I am so loving the car. It drives brilliantly and sounds amazing. Its so worth the wait and I couldn't be happier.
I had the same issue with my new (at the time) 2001 Corvette. At times, I had to put it in third before going into reverse to back out of my garage.

JXJ

Reaction score
Small update:

Select 3rd gear, then go to reverse will go in every time!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
*groan* This is making me feel a little sick.

View attachment 26187

Back to the paint bubbling issue... I just came across this thread about similar paint issues with new McLaren 570s. Not that this will make any Emira owners feel better after finding paint flaws, but it's gotta feel better then finding them on a new $200k+ car.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Does the McLaren have a steel body? If not, the bubbling may very well be coming from the inside and through the body material, if at all porous.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the McLaren have a steel body? If not, the bubbling may very well be coming from the inside and through the body material, if at all porous.

They're all carbon tubs with aluminum subframe and a mix of aluminum, composite, and carbon body panels.

Whitey

Reaction score
Just on 1400 miles in mine and I have had ABS and TCS lights come on a few times but they had been clearing after a few re starts, but now are permanently on. It seems to be linked to the hand brake as I initially had a warning msg pop up to say that the hand brake and ABS need a service. Now the hand brake wont do hill assist but will still activate manually. Has anybody had this issue and any fix. apart from a dealer trip. Its similar to when the Evora would suddenly drop out of Sport mode and the traction control light would come on, which is due to a brake pedal sensor switch - could this be the same?

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just on 1400 miles in mine and I have had ABS and TCS lights come on a few times but they had been clearing after a few re starts, but now are permanently on. It seems to be linked to the hand brake as I initially had a warning msg pop up to say that the hand brake and ABS need a service. Now the hand brake wont do hill assist but will still activate manually. Has anybody had this issue and any fix. apart from a dealer trip. Its similar to when the Evora would suddenly drop out of Sport mode and the traction control light would come on, which is due to a brake pedal sensor switch - could this be the same?
Sounds like a wheel sensor to be. I'll test my ODBII scanner later today and will let you know if it reads codes correctly

Whitey

Reaction score
Sounds like a wheel sensor to be. I'll test my ODBII scanner later today and will let you know if it reads codes correctly
Thanks for that. Just took the car out and all warning lights went off about a mile after start up and have now remained off after a couple of stops and restarts. Think I’ll still get dealer to look at it as they are only half hour away, although they haven’t returned my call………

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Mine already has a warranty claim for swirled and dry patches of paint (DV). Not even collected it!

I have heard more stories like this. Paint off factory appears to be very soft. You need to be extremely careful not make swirls when washing.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Just took the car out and all warning lights went off about a mile after start up and have now remained off after a couple of stops and restarts. Think I’ll still get dealer to look at it as they are only half hour away, although they haven’t returned my call………
Sounds like it might be the battery. Those symptoms are typical of battery issues.