Emira Honesty - Tell the Difference

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Who on this forum can, without the use of any technology, just senses:

1. Tell the difference between 380hp and 420hp?

2. Tell the difference between a 10 speaker system and a 12? Assuming all other things that can be equal are equal.

3. Tell the difference between a 4.2 0-60 and a 4.4 0-60?

4. Tell the difference between Touring and Sport set-up? Not the selected option/modes but the actual chassis.

5. Tell the difference between the vehicle weighing 3,000lbs or 3,200lbs or 1,360kg or 1,450kg?

Just reply with the #s you could personally identify without any measurement equipment or technology. No references like driving one then the other. Just get in the car and drive from cold. Who can tell the diffs?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
1. This one is tricky because one could be a manual trans and the other automatic. Even if comparing the v6 auto to the amg dual clutch, I think I could tell the difference in power. Gearing can make a huge difference though!
2. Probably not.. unless it was a subwoofer missing
3. Nope
4. Easily
5. Nope.. not unless it was a car I knew inside and out and it suddenly dropped or gained 200lbs!

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
4 and 5, sure.

1 and 3 - probably not... too busy grinning as I floor it.
2 - probably not, as I'm too busy rockin' out.

:)

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
1 & 4 only. 3 may correlate to 1, but I don't drive that way so seems unlikely I could tell.

5, maybe, but I find laptimes don't suffer noticeably unless a passenger is 250 or more.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
1. This one is tricky because one could be a manual trans and the other automatic. Even if comparing the v6 auto to the amg dual clutch, I think I could tell the difference in power. Gearing can make a huge difference though!
2. Probably not.. unless it was a subwoofer missing
3. Nope
4. Easily
5. Nope.. not unless it was a car I knew inside and out and it suddenly dropped or gained 200lbs!
I answered 1, 4 and 5 assuming an A/B comparison scenario. In a vacuum, just using memory then 4 is probably the only one for me.

IanO

Reaction score
I answered 1, 4 and 5 assuming an A/B comparison scenario. In a vacuum, just using memory then 4 is probably the only one for me.
For me, not even 4 in a vacuum as you need a reference point to know if the suspension set-up is softer or firmer. Two cars back to back I suspect most people could tell 1,4 and 5. If you just put me in a car and asked what power it has, not a chance, the subjective feel is affected by too many things, weight, torque delivery, gearing.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Regarding #1, it's going to be the torque difference you notice (and when it peaks) rather than horsepower. Here's a good example I pulled from the web:

Suppose a theoretical car with 200 horsepower and 200 lb-ft of torque, with the torque arriving at 6,000 rpm, squares off against another theoretical car with 200 horsepower and only 150 lb-ft of torque, this time arriving at 1,500 rpm and staying constant until its 6,500 rpm redline. In this case, the second car would out-accelerate the first, even though it has less torque.

So this suggests that, for normal day-to-day driving, you're going to feel more feels in the V6, as the torque curve ramps up quicker. As for this obsession with HP, read this:

https://www.thedrive.com/cars-101/36995/horsepower-vs-torque

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
2) it won’t be the number of speakers but rather the amp power and wattage that makes the difference

Edit: oh just read the rest of your post, sorry. I guess I should have just done that first. Not really a fair question then because the base system and premium isn’t just a difference between two added speakers

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
In the past I have done mods to cars for suspension, HP, and weight. Like most of you we all have that straightaway or big curve that we have memorized. After mods I always go to these places and see if I could feel a difference.

Arsalan

Reaction score
Who on this forum can, without the use of any technology, just senses:

1. Tell the difference between 380hp and 420hp?

2. Tell the difference between a 10 speaker system and a 12? Assuming all other things that can be equal are equal.

3. Tell the difference between a 4.2 0-60 and a 4.4 0-60?

4. Tell the difference between Touring and Sport set-up? Not the selected option/modes but the actual chassis.

5. Tell the difference between the vehicle weighing 3,000lbs or 3,200lbs or 1,360kg or 1,450kg?

Just reply with the #s you could personally identify without any measurement equipment or technology. No references like driving one then the other. Just get in the car and drive from cold. Who can tell the diffs?

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If I really stick to the first post, meaning I don‘t have the possibility to compare the two respective versions, I‘m quite sure most people here couldn‘t tell any difference on any point. At least I couldn‘t. If you have just one car with no information about it, it‘s not possible to tell that it‘s doing a 4.2 to 60 instead of a 4.4 for example. You can only tell that if you compare the two versions. If I had the chance to compare them head to head, my answer would be 1, 2, and 5. 3 is not enough of a difference and 4 I don‘t know. I think that the difference between the two setups is not very big at all. If you just drive them on the streets, it would be hard to tell I think.