Emira event in Melbourne

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In reference to comment C, does that mean the battery is in the front? Also thank you for taking the time to write this.
The battery is in the boot behind the battery cover. It is a lead acid, standard size (not Lithium Ion), so it works with a standard charger. I plan to get a CTek charger with those little quick connect plugs that you can permanently leave connected to the battery.

The boot space is all very nicely carpeted and finished, and the engine cover looked really nice with a good fit.

battery-cover-in-boot.png

battery-cover-in-boot2.png

Last edited:

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The battery is in the boot behind the battery cover. Its a lead acid, standard size (not Lithium Ion) - so it works with a standard charger. I plan to get a CTek charger with those little quick connect plugs that you can permanently leave connected to the battery.

The boot space is all very nicely carpeted and finished, and the engine cover even looked really nice with a good fit.

View attachment 5506
Pretty much the Evora set-up. Hope there’s a bit more room to add the trickle leads if they’re not stock.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That what I was thinking and trying to find an interior photo with the door closed (I couldn't)
Here you go! It looks lovely with the door closed.

The door line tapers upwards into the horizontal dash line a bit like the old Esprit interior. The door switches and steering wheel stalks are stolen from Volvo. They have a lovely design and feel to them with some satin chrome accents around the window switches.

The chrome door handle also has a nice feel and is easy to open with one finger (or two).

interior-closed-door.png

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Pretty much the Evora set-up. Hope there’s a bit more room to add the trickle leads if they’re not stock.
I can't see why they wouldn't fit. The cover has little screw caps and you could poke the charging wire out the side of the battery cover.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Fun size LED reverse light

The one thing that always makes me laugh is that "fun size" reverse light. I think in the US spec cars this might become a red reflector (based on what is visible in the latest configurator), and if that's the case I don't know where the reverse light would go instead for US spec cars (perhaps inside the centre area of the rear lights?)

I think its cute and always gets a laugh. Even though it is very very bright, I'm a bit concerned about its visibility to other drivers though! On the other hand, the good news about its location is that the rear camera will work really well at night as the surroundings will be well lit up for the camera to pick up, so that's a definite plus.

What do you think? Like it or not?

fun-size-reverse-light.png

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Side intake vent and grilles

The latest side intake vent design includes a honeycomb mesh grille to prevent debris and human hands or wildlife going inside. The gloss black mesh grille is identical to the grille used on the front of the car as well as in the rear window vents. Staring down the holes of all the vents doesn't show any visible piping or exposed parts - it all looks finished.

I remember looking down the rear hatch vents in an Evora recently and I saw various alloy tubing and piping which looks a bit like aluminion "airflex" piping for kitchen stoves. Not so in the Emira!

side-intake-vents.png

rear-window-vents.png

front-air-grille.png

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
First of all, a huge thank you for all the insights and pictures. Few questions…

1. Any thoughts around the leather/alcantara combo compared to full leather? Did the interior feel too dark?

2. In person did you find the diamond cut wheels distracting or flower-ish looking?

3. Like many colors, Seneca also changes based on light source and viewing angle. Would you say these photos are a good representation of what the color looked like in person? In some pics, the color is more saturated than others.

4. Which camera/lens combo are you using? 😁

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
First of all, a huge thank you for all the insights and pictures. Few questions…

1. Any thoughts around the leather/alcantara combo compared to full leather? Did the interior feel too dark?

2. In person did you find the diamond cut wheels distracting or flower-ish looking?

3. Like many colors, Seneca also changes based on light source and viewing angle. Would you say these photos are a good representation of what the color looked like in person? In some pics, the color is more saturated than others.

You're welcome!

As for your questions:

1) I thought the Alcantara seats looked really really nice and had a "race car" feel to them. I obviously have not seen full leather seats so its difficult to compare. I wish they had a car with leather as that is what I ordered.

They have a good level of contrast between the black leather and black alcantara so don't look plain. Even though there wasn't much coloured contrast stitching, the stitching (in this case yellow) did pop without being over the top. One thing I would add is that I would avoid privacy glass with the alcantara seats. Black alcantara absorbs light really well, so looking at the car from the outside, it almost looks like the car has tinted windows given the large amount of internal light absorption (both on the seats and roof).

2) I was concerned about the "flower look" of the Diamond Cut wheels too. It's strange given that on some photos, the diamond cut part of the wheels stand out and makes it look like a wind mill or flower. But in real life this isn't the case. The satin finished inside paint blends in nicely with the satin aluminium front. I really really like them! They do not get lost on the car (like black does) and provide a little bit of bling in a tasteful way and somewhat subtle way.

These photos aren't bad representations of what the human eye sees. All the satin parts of the wheel throw of a white sheen which helps blend it all together with the aluminium. Maybe in strong sunlight the contrast would be larger, but at least on an overcast day they looked really classy.

diamond-cut-wheels.png

The further you look to the side of the wheel the diamond cut pattern starts to totally disappear.

diamond-cut-wheels2.png

diamond-cut-wheels3.png

3) Seneca is such a difficult colour to photograph!

In person it is a really strong blue, not powder blue at all. The more saturated pictures I posted are more true to life. Many cameras capture Seneca as a baby blue (including the Shanghai Seneca showcar) which is so far from what it looks like. I was really surprised at how bold and striking it looks. Think Porsche Shark blue (VW cornflower blue), but a little bit darker and more classy as its a metallic. It has a lovely light silver fleck in the light - almost as if you get two paints in one. A solid flat strong pigmented colour from afar, and a lovely metallic in the light up close. I was pleasantly surprised. If you want to make a statement and be the centre of attention, then Seneca Blue or Hethel yellow will be the ones to get!

4) Just a latest model mobile phone camera! (Not iPhone, better!) I can't give away all my secrets! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Here you go! It looks lovely with the door closed.

The door line tapers upwards into the horizontal dash line a bit like the old Esprit interior. The door switches and steering wheel stalks are stolen from Volvo. They have a lovely design and feel to them with some satin chrome accents around the window switches.

The chrome door handle also has a nice feel and is easy to open with one finger (or two).

View attachment 5507
Man, that boxy door panel for some reason has caught my attention not in a good way. Doesn't line up well with dashboard as well. Anyway, maybe its the Alcantara and will look better in leather ?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Man, that boxy door panel for some reason has caught my attention not in a good way. Doesn't line up well with dashboard as well. Anyway, maybe its the Alcantara and will look better in leather ?
This photo was taken up close near the window switches. From eye level it all looked even to me.

Mayby those seeing the car in Sydney tomorrow can check the other door and see if this is designed this way or a build thing on this particular car.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You're welcome!

As for your questions:

1) I thought the Alcantara seats looked really really nice and had a "race car" feel to them. I obviously have not seen full leather seats so its difficult to compare. I wish they had a car with leather as that is what I ordered.

They have a good level of contrast between the black leather and black alcantara so don't look plain. Even though there wasn't much coloured contrast stitching, the stitching (in this case yellow) did pop without being over the top. One thing I would add is that I would avoid privacy glass with the alcantara seats. Black alcantara absorbs light really well, so looking at the car from the outside, it almost looks like the car has tinted windows given the large amount of internal light absorption (both on the seats and roof).

2) I was concerned about the "flower look" of the Diamond Cut wheels too. It's strange given that on some photos, the diamond cut part of the wheels stand out and makes it look like a wind mill or flower. But in real life this isn't the case. The satin finished inside paint blends in nicely with the satin aluminium front. I really really like them! They do not get lost on the car (like black does) and provide a little bit of bling in a tasteful way and somewhat subtle way.

These photos aren't bad representations of what the human eye sees. All the satin parts of the wheel throw of a white sheen which helps blend it all together with the aluminium. Maybe in strong sunlight the contrast would be larger, but at least on an overcast day they looked really classy.

View attachment 5513

The further you look to the side of the wheel the diamond cut pattern starts to totally disappear.

View attachment 5514

View attachment 5515

3) Seneca is such a difficult colour to photograph!

In person it is a really strong blue, not powder blue at all. The more saturated pictures I posted are more true to life. Many cameras capture Seneca as a baby blue (including the Shanghai Seneca showcar) which is so far from what it looks like. I was really surprised at how bold and striking it looks. Think Porsche Shark blue (VW cornflower blue), but a little bit darker and more classy as its a metallic. It has a lovely light silver fleck in the light - almost as if you get two paints in one. A solid flat strong pigmented colour from afar, and a lovely metallic in the light up close. I was pleasantly surprised. If you want to make a statement and be the centre of attention, then Seneca Blue or Hethel yellow will be the ones to get!

4) Just a latest model mobile phone camera! (Not iPhone, better!) I can't give away all my secrets! :ROFLMAO:
Really appreciate all the details. I need to submit my spec in a few days and I’m leaning more towards Seneca so all this information is really helpful.

As much as I want ice leather with Seneca, I think a darker interior would compliment the bold blue exterior better.

I see what you are saying about DC wheels and how the light blends it all together, but man, photos really make these wheels look like a fan and so distracting.

You are doing an amazing service for this community. Thank you. I now need to go back and digest all your info and pics again 🧐

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Really appreciate all the details. I need to submit my spec in a few days and I’m leaning more towards Seneca so all this information is really helpful.

As much as I want ice leather with Seneca, I think a darker interior would compliment the bold blue exterior better.

I see what you are saying about DC wheels and how the light blends it all together, but man, photos really make these wheels look like a fan and so distracting.

You are doing an amazing service for this community. Thank you. I now need to go back and digest all your info and pics again 🧐
You're welcome! I'm not trying to convince you either way of course. I can only comment on what I saw and give you some more data points (e.g. photos) for consideration.

It would have been fantastic if the car had one set of wheels on one side (e.g. Silver) and another set on the other side (e.g. Diamond cut). Then I could provide you with my objective commentary for both.

Go with what you like best! Choice of colour, wheels and interior is a bit like taste in fine art or wine - a very personal thing.

OP
M

Mickeymo

Reaction score
Exhaust from the event.

They were saying they were having a problem with starting it up in loud mode rather than Camey mode.

Fuller revs at the end of the vid.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Exhaust from the event.

They were saying they were having a problem with starting it up in loud mode rather than Camey mode.

Fuller revs at the end of the vid.

I think you missed the full revs at the end!

OP
M

Mickeymo

Reaction score
My impressions

Exterior:

It's bigger than expected, which I really like. I was worried it would be too small, like a Cayman. But it's wide and it looks bigger on the road than in videos.

The Seneca blue looks flat, but is actually quite metallic. Quite a bit of fleck up close when seen in the sunlight.

Wheel gap is about 3 fingers on this car. I asked Matt if if this was the final, but he wasn't sure. He said it depends on which set up it is. But to his eye at the time he thought the gap was a bit too much.

I think the wheels of this car don't really do the job. The alloys might be too small, I think it have much more presence with wheel an inch bigger.

Interior

Feels much bigger than an Evora. After this event, I went straight to Porsche show room to compare. Feels slightly bigger than Cayman, not sure why. Perhaps because the sports seat in the Cayman was very buckety, so squeeze on me.

The quality feels on par with Porsche, although I didn't take a close look at any of the materials to be honest, thus I'm calling it a "feeling".

Exhaust

I left the event and walked down the street 60-70 metres and was waiting for an Uber. Then I hear the Emira start up, I knew it immediately, ran back to the event to capture this video. They were saying they were having a problem with starting it up in loud mode rather than Camry mode. It was pretty loud, but not ear popping loud, just about how I personally like it.

Fuller revs at the end of vid. Re uploaded the video because I uploaded the wrong part originally.

Final thoughts

When I initially saw the car I wasn't like WOW. When you're up close to it, like 3- 4 metres away from it, it somehow doesn't look right, especially the front. Like it feels out of proportion or something. Like I said I went to the Porsche dealer immediately after I saw the Emira, and the Porsche felt more attractive to me from up close. Must be the smooth flowing lines of the porsche. But when you're 10 metres away from the car it looks amazing. Especially the front three quarters view.

Later upon reflection I think the Emira is right for me compared to Cayman. Just had much more presence than the Cayman. It feels like a special car, unlike the Porsche.

Last edited:

kbhoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I also was torn between leather/alcantara but ended up going full black leather. So no contrast stitching available. I also have not seen a full leather yet. I am not too sure if the speaker covers remain as silver (not black as shown in the configurator). I have black leather in the 2015 Exige and it has worn very well even after 85000Km.

I like the DC wheel especially when the car is moving slowly - quite an unusual effect. Obviously we didn't get to see it at speed.

The Seneca paint was in part daylight - I white balanced each shot but sometimes it can be slightly "off". Matt Windle actually got his phone flashlight on at held it against the paintwork for me and it did pop with a very fine silver particulate. It will glow very nicely on a sunny day.

I was using Canon RP with RF24-105L Lens and RF35 f1.8 - Many are shot in HDR and merged in Lightroom.
I don't think there is a bad colour to be honest but we need to make a choice. I ended going Yellow with no black pack and red callipers to complement the red in the rear lights with privacy glass as shown.

Screenshot 2022-05-14 163737.jpg

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Seeing all these makes me so much more comfortable going with Seneca even though it seems to not be as popular in general across the forum. I think that has a lot to do with Seneca fatigue since launch and also the fact that most of us with deposits seem to be looking for that unique personalized car to stand out. Many probably have a hard time picking the “launch spec” but will be curious to see what the real build numbers look like on decisions once we have full lineups of production cars in all the colors.
I went with Seneca as it had the instant WOW factor at Goodwood and the wife said ‘we need one of those!!’ :)
Also never had a blue car!